ShcShc11

Pregnant Woman Miscarries After Being Sprayed With Pepper Spray..

When the police are there in riot gear, however, I would tend to think that a person with concern about an unborn child would think, "Perhaps I should just walk the other way."

Then people with money in their wallets shouldn't go out at night because the streets are known as dangerous at night and they have a risk of being robbed.

And people with kids should move out of the neighbourhood when a sex offender moves in, because then it's their fault if something happens.

And women who get raped when drunk are also at fault then because they knew the situation they were putting themselves in.

It's not the victims fault.

If you look at a pot of boiling water and say, "Wow..that's really hot!", and then stick your arm in anyway, guess what...it's your fault you got burned, not the cook's.

And if you tell a cook his food sucks and he pours boiling water over you, the cook goes to jail.

If you are in the cooks restaurant raising hell and he tells you to leave (several times) while threatening to throw boiling water on you....you pretty much chose your own fate.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Anything to say about the fact that the story is looking more and more like a complete fabrication?

I didn't comment either in favour or against the story. Looks like it is a fabrication to me. Doesn't alter the comments made in favour or against though.

All sounds very much like the "she asked for it" rape defence.

If you look at a pot of boiling water and say, "Wow..that's really hot!", and then stick your arm in anyway, guess what...it's your fault you got burned, not the cook's.

And if you tell a cook his food sucks and he pours boiling water over you, the cook goes to jail.

If you are in the cooks restaurant raising hell and he tells you to leave (several times) while threatening to throw boiling water on you....you pretty much chose your own fate.

yow - this cooking analogy has been pretty awful. Jakee's was the only one in the ballpark.

BD - the park is not a restaurant, owned by the cops. It's owned by the people (ie, the customer). They do have a right to assemble and protest - it's spelled out in the First Amendment. I wonder if the courts will be asked to rule conclusively on the camping angle - I suspect/support a finding that long term unhealthful inhabitation of a space is not covered by the right of assembly.

In any event, it would be hard to say that one must expect cops to be swinging their batons and bicycles wildly. Given that we treat murder of a pregnant woman as two couples of homicide...shouldn't the cop be charged with manslaughter?

No, rather than mope on about whether or not she should have been there, and make up terrible analogies to support this, the focus should really be on DID THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN?

the focus should really be on DID THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN?

Agreed ...

"Innocent until proven guilty" needs to apply to not only the police but also to Ms Fox. It remains to be seen if the police did indeed attack Ms Fox (video evidence would help, of course if it did exist you would think it would have surfaced by now). Secondly Ms Fox is possibly playing a dangerous game of slander. How can you be 3 months pregnant in September during your first encounter with the police and then still be 3 months pregnant in November when she alleges the police caused her miscarriage.

After what happened to Robert Dziekanski at the Vancouver airport back in 2007 and how the RCMP attempted to cover it up, I do not believe the first things I am told by the police. However we can not have people running around laying false accusations at law enforcement personal.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

yow - this cooking analogy has been pretty awful. Jakee's was the only one in the ballpark.

BD - the park is not a restaurant, owned by the cops. It's owned by the people (ie, the customer). They do have a right to assemble and protest - it's spelled out in the First Amendment. I wonder if the courts will be asked to rule conclusively on the camping angle - I suspect/support a finding that long term unhealthful inhabitation of a space is not covered by the right of assembly.

In any event, it would be hard to say that one must expect cops to be swinging their batons and bicycles wildly. Given that we treat murder of a pregnant woman as two couples of homicide...shouldn't the cop be charged with manslaughter?

No, rather than mope on about whether or not she should have been there, and make up terrible analogies to support this, the focus should really be on DID THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN?

Sure it's owned by "the people". However, they had been ordered to disperse. Higher courts have ruled that the First Am. is not without limits. yes, you can assemble and protest. But you cannot assemble and protest indefinitely on public property.
Jakees analgy made sense? Yet you argue that there is little in common between a private restaurant and a public park? Make up your mind. :S
HAMMER:

Sure it's owned by "the people". However, they had been ordered to disperse. Higher courts have ruled that the First Am. is not without limits. yes, you can assemble and protest. But you cannot assemble and protest indefinitely on public property.
Jakees analgy made sense? Yet you argue that there is little in common between a private restaurant and a public park? Make up your mind

So at what point is it applicable for "THE POLICE" to pull a "lawful order" out of their ass???

To hear you and yours... its anytime they want to exercise police powers and be damn to those rights of citizens guaranteed.

Then again.. I guess those rights only apply to you in the all hallowed 1% since you are special.

When the police are there in riot gear, however, I would tend to think that a person with concern about an unborn child would think, "Perhaps I should just walk the other way."

Then people with money in their wallets shouldn't go out at night because the streets are known as dangerous at night and they have a risk of being robbed.

And people with kids should move out of the neighbourhood when a sex offender moves in, because then it's their fault if something happens.

And women who get raped when drunk are also at fault then because they knew the situation they were putting themselves in.

Bad analogy, since the cook's duties don't include pouring boiling water over customers.

So the analogy I replied to was ok?

What happens when you tell a cop you think he's as mindless as boiling water?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If you are in the cooks restaurant raising hell and he tells you to leave (several times) while threatening to throw boiling water on you...

... he goes to jail.

Jakees analgy made sense? Yet you argue that there is little in common between a private restaurant and a public park? Make up your mind

So at what point is it applicable for "THE POLICE" to pull a "lawful order" out of their ass???

To hear you and yours... its anytime they want to exercise police powers and be damn to those rights of citizens guaranteed.

Then again.. I guess those rights only apply to you in the all hallowed 1% since you are special.

To read your posts one would get the impression that you, and others, feel you should be able to do what you want, when you want, where you want.
Sorry, honey, that dog don't hunt. This ain't no anarchy.
HAMMER:

If you are in the cooks restaurant raising hell and he tells you to leave (several times) while threatening to throw boiling water on you...

... he goes to jail.

Yes. But you have still been scalded. Trust me on this, leaving would have been a MUCH better option. That's where common sense comes into play. Some have it, some don't
HAMMER:

To read your posts one would get the impression that you, and others, feel you should be able to do what you want, when you want, where you want.

So you really do not believe in that whole Land of the free thing do you...

Lets just scrap that piece of 200+ year old trash.. and have a new one written...of the 1% for the 1% by the 1%

Shall we all kiss some 1% asses now in adulation or will their proxy force of thugs do.

Yes. But you have still been scalded. Trust me on this, leaving would have been a MUCH better option. That's where common sense comes into play. Some have it, some don't

Well damn, first you're talking about fault and liability, now you're talking common sense. How's a guy to keep up?

Lets just scrap that piece of 200+ year old trash.. and have a new one written...of the 1% for the 1% by the 1%

Shall we all kiss some 1% asses now in adulation or will their proxy force of thugs do.

Ok, so now your opinion outweighs that of the courts whose duty it is to interpret the Constitution?
Why don't we just scrap the whole 200+ year old document and everybody just do whatever they want.
yeah, that'll work. :S
HAMMER:

Well damn, first you're talking about fault and liability, now you're talking common sense. How's a guy to keep up?

In our little scenario with the cook, if you get scalded it would be your own damn fault. The cook shares the liability since you were both in the wrong, and common sense would have told you to just leave when he told you to instead of pushing the situation. Want another analogy? Ok. You may have the right of way at a cross walk with the "Walk" sign lit, but you are still dead, dead, dead when you ignore the bus running a red light and step out in front of it. Or, if you go to a protest that is turning violent and refuse to obey an order to disperse (legal order or not) and end up getting hurt....it's your own damn fault.
HAMMER:

Ok, so now your opinion outweighs that of the courts whose duty it is to interpret the Constitution?
Why don't we just scrap the whole 200+ year old document and everybody just do whatever they want.

Hey that is where its going... for those of you who are a lot more equal here in Animal Farm. Who needs a piece of paper that has no meaning to EVERYONE it is supposed to cover.. because when some are more eqaul than others... the piece of paper is just a piece of trash.

Show me where in the Constitution it prohibits you from joining the 1%.
Show me any law in the US that prohibits you from joing the 1%.
The only thoing stopping you is...now get this....YOU!
HAMMER:

Think I could get rich selling guillotines to the 99%????

Think I could get rich selling guillotines to the 99%????

If they are not too expensive, made well and you market them right, sure, why not?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Look up "standing." And then "civil disobedience."

That document says that people have the right to assemble to exercise their right to speech. It also says that they're innocent until proven guilty, and the government must give due process before punishment. More simply put, cops don't get to enact punishment because they think a crime may be being committed.

Frankly, this incident is now reminding me of the finger in the chili at Wendy's incident, but that doesn't change the above.

That document says that people have the right to assemble to exercise their right to speech. It also says that they're innocent until proven guilty, and the government must give due process before punishment. More simply put, cops don't get to enact punishment because they think a crime may be being committed.

Frankly, this incident is now reminding me of the finger in the chili at Wendy's incident, but that doesn't change the above.

Once again, courts have held that the rights to assemble and free speach have limits.
HAMMER:

Once again, courts have held that the rights to assemble and free speach have limits.

Yeah...in this country in this day and time of bought and paid for courts and politicians, it becomes limited when it inconvieniences any of the 1% as evidenced by your posts:ph34r::ph34r:

They have a right to PEACEABLY assemble. Once they start throwing things at the cops they're no longer peaceable.

Let's make sure she was actually pregnant, first...and that the cop actually hit her, second.

Agreed.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706