ShcShc11

Pregnant Woman Miscarries After Being Sprayed With Pepper Spray..

Paranoid much there Marc?????

It will take quite a while... since you have made 675+ posts to ME:S:S:S

Your political views aside, you seem to be a very unpleasant person. I hope we never meet.

And you and your ilks situational and political right wing "support" of that whole pro-life thing) kicking and shooting pepper spray at a pregnant woman is pro-life???? are you fucking kidding me).... leads me to believe you are :S:S:S:S:S

Supporting police sadism and kicking a pregnant woman it seems is ok in your Amreika.

I never said I supported her being kicked in the abdomen, if that's truly what happened.

The pepper spray--you take that risk with unruly protesting. The kick--not so much.

Your political views aside, you seem to be a very unpleasant person. I hope we never meet.

And you and your ilks situational and political right wing "support" of that whole pro-life thing) kicking and shooting pepper spray at a pregnant woman is pro-life???? are you fucking kidding me).... leads me to believe you are :S:S:S:S:S

Supporting police sadism and kicking a pregnant woman it seems is ok in your Amreika.

I never said I supported her being kicked in the abdomen, if that's truly what happened.

The pepper spray--you take that risk with unruly protesting. The kick--not so much.

I live near Seattle... great place as long as you do not have to deal with a few of their ranks that are as bad if not worse than the criminals they are supposed to be protecting We the People from. A sadist... in blue... is nothing more than ... a thug in blue... is nothing more than a bully in blue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts-post/post/occupys-84-year-old-pepper-spray-victim-is-this-the-most-iconic-image-of-the-movement/2011/11/16/gIQAzateRN_blog.html

So... that is the state of your country you are willing to accept?????

Sorry but that is fucked up.

That is NOT what I expect of MY country.

You realize that made no sense. I said if I was pregnant I would remove myself from a potentially hazardous situation. I would do the same with a 6MO-old infant in my arms.

But that's just me.

That is NOT what I expect of MY country.

You realize that made no sense. I said if I was pregnant I would remove myself from a potentially hazardous situation. I would do the same with a 6MO-old infant in my arms.

But that's just me.

Really... REALLLY????? It seems the only thing making it "a potentially hazardous situation" is a militaristic group of sadists ... who seem to forget ( or never actually learned) what the founding fathers fought to establish on these shores.:|:|:|

as you do not have to deal with a few of their ranks that are as bad if not worse than the criminals they are supposed to be protecting We the People from

So to report sexual predators lurking at school playgrounds, and gang violence, - head down to Belltown or the "Jungle" for assistance : )

as you do not have to deal with a few of their ranks that are as bad if not worse than the criminals they are supposed to be protecting We the People from

So to report sexual predators lurking at school playgrounds, and gang violence, - head down to Belltown or the "Jungle" for assistance : )

Interesting thought.... but not surprised

Probably get better response times

The URL supplied in this thread is short on details. The video associated with the URL shows what happened after the attack. It would be better if there was video of what happened before and during the attack. I have googled "Jennifer Fox of Seattle" and could not come up with much more except that Ms Fox is 19, and claims to be homeless. Most URLs associated with this woman are short on details and some are rather partisan.

I thought there was something called "Innocent until proven guilty" (which would apply to both the police as well as Ms Fox in this scenario). Let's not let our political views get in the way of this "Innocent until proven guilty" precedence. If a video was to surface that showed Ms Fox was attacked by the police unjustly then I will support those who say the police should be prosecuted. But without additional evidence it is impossible to pass proper judgment.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Really... REALLLY????? It seems the only thing making it "a potentially hazardous situation" is a militaristic group of sadists ... who seem to forget ( or never actually learned) what the founding fathers fought to establish on these shores.

Maybe that's the case. So I would remove my young (or unborn) child from that situation.

You would deny a pregnant woman the right to protest? That's nice.

IF I was a pregnant women I would do everything possible to remove myself from a situation involving police officers, crowds, and airborne chemicals.

But hey that's just me :)

That is NOT what I expect of MY country.>:(

Um, yes. She's knocked up and out acting like she isn't.

It's kinda fucked up, but we have a right to drink alcohol. The Constitution even mentions it! And yet, if I see a pregnant woman getting fishknockered, I would view that woman with disdain for exercising those rights.

How about it, people? Participating in activities in which the health and welfare of the fetus/embryo are secondary. Hey, iut's her right and she can do what she wants with her body. But unfortunately I've known plenty of women who miscarried who weren't pepper sprayed or participating in a damned riot.

Correlation and causation are separate things. Jeanne - you know this! "Democratic politician shot. Ergo, right wing nutcase listening to talk radio." You're 0-2 on that one...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>And yet, if I see a pregnant woman getting fishknockered, I would view that woman
>with disdain for exercising those rights.

And if a pregnant woman went to a cocktail party, and the host held her down and forced half a bottle of Jack Daniels down her throat while she pleaded with him to stop - would you blame her for putting her fetus at risk? After all, she should have known that could have happened.

You would deny a pregnant woman the right to protest? That's nice.

IF I was a pregnant women I would do everything possible to remove myself from a situation involving police officers, crowds, and airborne chemicals.

But hey that's just me :)

That is NOT what I expect of MY country.>:(

Um, yes. She's knocked up and out acting like she isn't.

It's kinda fucked up, but we have a right to drink alcohol. The Constitution even mentions it! And yet, if I see a pregnant woman getting fishknockered, I would view that woman with disdain for exercising those rights.

How about it, people? Participating in activities in which the health and welfare of the fetus/embryo are secondary. Hey, iut's her right and she can do what she wants with her body. But unfortunately I've known plenty of women who miscarried who weren't pepper sprayed or participating in a damned riot.

Correlation and causation are separate things. Jeanne - you know this! "Democratic politician shot. Ergo, right wing nutcase listening to talk radio." You're 0-2 on that one...

Hey if you want to hug a gun totin nutter .... have at it .. but I would have thought that other responsible gun owners might not want to put up with nutters in our midst who have exibited nutterisms for quite a while. Its that whole company you keep thang ya know.

Perhaps the rabid sheep dogs should be looking for real criminals... but I do understand.... non-violent peaceful protestors.. are far less dangerous than those scary nutters with guns exercising their right to shoot innocent people. Gee is that a tell on a bully??? Go for the easy target:S

And if a pregnant woman went to a cocktail party, and the host held her down and forced half a bottle of Jack Daniels down her throat while she pleaded with him to stop - would you blame her for putting her fetus at risk? After all, she should have known that could have happened.

I was gonna reply but I'll just let lawrocket engage his thrusters

on a side note -

I've been exposed several times and I literally thought my life was going to end via heart attack.

The sprayed students seemed mostly unphased.. ?

Gee ya think

Megyn Kelly claims pepper spray is "a food product, essentially." Deborah Blum explains why this is highly misleading:

The reason pepper-spray ends up on the Scoville chart is that – you probably guessed this - it’s literally derived from pepper chemistry, the compounds that make habaneros so much more formidable than the comparatively wimpy bells. Those compounds are called capsaicins and – in fact – pepper spray is more formally called Oleoresin Capsicum or OC Spray.

But we’ve taken to calling it pepper spray, I think, because that makes it sound so much more benign than it really is, like something just a grade or so above what we might mix up in a home kitchen.

I don't suppose there could be ANY desire to "teach em a lesson" on the part of those brave men in blue now could there??:S:S

How dare those fucking low lifes.. to exercise their constitutional rights:S:S

And if a pregnant woman went to a cocktail party, and the host held her down and forced half a bottle of Jack Daniels down her throat while she pleaded with him to stop - would you blame her for putting her fetus at risk? After all, she should have known that could have happened

Yes, and this parent of the century should keep on worrying about the danger to her child from the sound of jackhammers.

I can ABSOLUTELY see getting a shot in the stomach as a risk. Getting knocked over. That kind of thing. THose are pretty easy risks to identify. But I think the headline is misleading...

What a misleading Article title. It would seem that the blow to the abdomen, and not the pepper spray, caused the miscarriage.

And way to go, Mom of the Year, going to a dangerous place like a protest rally while pregnant...Way to look out for your progeny. Idiot.

A peaceful protest (which is what was expected) is a quite acceptable place for a pregnant woman. I don't know if the police over-reacted to this protest. It is very difficult to know without proper investigation.

We had a death in the UK, after a man was pushed around by the police during a protest. It got a full and thorough investigation. The police themselves took the initiative, investigated and were transparent. There was no blame throwing or defending by the police. The officers involved were suspended pending investigation, which seems appropriate and reasonable.

The US should be handling the police involved in the same way.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Full story at the link.

A Seattle teenager's claim that abuse by Seattle police caused her to miscarry has become a viral Internet sensation of the Occupy Wall Street movement, but no evidence has emerged to support her allegation.

Jennifer M. Fox, 19, has accused police of kicking her and hitting her in the stomach with a bicycle during a Nov. 15 Occupy Seattle protest, even after she yelled: "I'm pregnant," then dousing her with pepper spray. A viral video shows her reeling from the pepper spray, but not being struck.

Fox has declined to provide medical records supporting her claim that she had a miscarriage five days after being hit, and her family has cast doubt on the claim.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's ok, we'll wait. Let's see those posts from him where he wishes someone in your family would get cancer.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The URL supplied in this thread is short on details. The video associated with the URL shows what happened after the attack. It would be better if there was video of what happened before and during the attack. I have googled "Jennifer Fox of Seattle" and could not come up with much more except that Ms Fox is 19, and claims to be homeless. Most URLs associated with this woman are short on details and some are rather partisan.

I thought there was something called "Innocent until proven guilty" (which would apply to both the police as well as Ms Fox in this scenario). Let's not let our political views get in the way of this "Innocent until proven guilty" precedence. If a video was to surface that showed Ms Fox was attacked by the police unjustly then I will support those who say the police should be prosecuted. But without additional evidence it is impossible to pass proper judgment.

Which was basically the point I was trying to make, until I got mugged.

I also think that being responsible in dealing with one’s own situation is not unreasonable
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I can ABSOLUTELY see getting a shot in the stomach as a risk. Getting knocked over.
>That kind of thing.

Are you saying both of those things are expected parts of political protests in the US?

I'm saying that these are risks whenever being part of a crowd. Particularly an "unruly" crowd. Ever been at a street festival and NOT been bumped? Now take that andsome j add a bunch of people who are more excited than usual. Then add police who are either sadistic or jumpy. Even ASIDE from any police conduct, there's going to be some jostling.

What you are suggesting could be applied to your statement, "I just hope he breaks a femur." Are you saying that breaking a femur is not only to be expected on a skydive but you also HOPE that it will happen? To anybody?

No, bill. There's plenty of context to your statement that is easy to see and understand. You know EXACTLY what I'm discussing and talking about but are putting a spin on it that is unreasonable and you know it.

Full story at the link.

A Seattle teenager's claim that abuse by Seattle police caused her to miscarry has become a viral Internet sensation of the Occupy Wall Street movement, but no evidence has emerged to support her allegation.

Yup. There have also been police reports saying she stated being 3 months pregnant in a recent arrest. I call bullshit.

Jennifer M. Fox, 19, has accused police of kicking her and hitting her in the stomach with a bicycle during a Nov. 15 Occupy Seattle protest, even after she yelled: "I'm pregnant," then dousing her with pepper spray. A viral video shows her reeling from the pepper spray, but not being struck.

Fox has declined to provide medical records supporting her claim that she had a miscarriage five days after being hit, and her family has cast doubt on the claim.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Which was basically the point I was trying to make, until I got mugged.
--------------------------------------------------------
Wait I thought only THUGS mug people? I guess I should have waited to find out if there were some people who were willing to throw others under the bus for having different political views. I guess those people would prefer for the other side to simply die so they wont make an effort to defend their political identity. So if a thug kills another for having different political views would that still be considered murder?

I also think that being responsible in dealing with one’s own situation is not unreasonable