Coreece

Homosexuality

Why bring YOUR god into the mix? Meaningless claptrap to anyone but you.

Their lifestyle choice is THEIRS to make and theirs alone.. and has nowt to do with anyone else or their mythical creatures.:S:S:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

>From a purely academic side, nature does all sorts of things we find to be abhorrent,
>wrong, etc. Simply appealing to "well it happens in nature" is a weak argument.

It is an excellent response to the argument "it's not natural."

I certainly grant you its a reply to show that it is indeed found in nature, but I'd also add that "It's not natural" is just as weak of a defense (or attack) for the similar reasons if that's the usage of "natural". However, if one uses "natural" in the sense of inherent right or wrong (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/natural def #1), we have to start looking into questions of morality, if it exists, where it comes from, etc. That's a whole other can of worms.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

From a purely academic side, nature does all sorts of things we find to be abhorrent, wrong, etc.

Who is this "we" you refer to?

That which happens in nature, happens in nature. I may not like the outcome, but I can certainly acknowledge that genetic mutations occur, winds blow down houses, floods kill animals, fire burn, and animal kill each other. I don't find any of those things "wrong" or "abhorrent". They are simply nature.

Well, I won't speak for you, specifically, but most people would have a problem with a mother eating her children, or group of neighbors banding together and slaughtering their rivals across the street, and then offer a defense of, "It's okay! It happens in nature!"

That is all I was saying.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

most people would have a problem with a mother eating her children, or group of neighbors banding together and slaughtering their rivals across the street

Most people would have a problem with one guy picking up a rifle and shooting another guy in the head, wouldn't they?

Yet we sanction this behavior in some cases and even glorify it in others. What is a " group of neighbors banding together and slaughtering their rivals across the street" in other words?

We also call it "war"

Some people with equally as strong feelings about religion and god as you appear to have, find war and capital punishment unacceptable, immoral, and "abhorrent". I wonder how you feel about those things and what your argument to them would be if you do believe that one guy shooting another guy in the head is okay as long as it's politically sanctioned.

I would argue that the capacity for killing is perfectly natural and that it's the intent to harm others out of rage or to obtain food or territory that are not necessary for survival that are the things that are abhorrent.
Owned by Remi #?

From a purely academic side, nature does all sorts of things we find to be abhorrent, wrong, etc.

Who is this "we" you refer to?

That which happens in nature, happens in nature. I may not like the outcome, but I can certainly acknowledge that genetic mutations occur, winds blow down houses, floods kill animals, fire burn, and animal kill each other. I don't find any of those things "wrong" or "abhorrent". They are simply nature.

Well, I won't speak for you, specifically, but most people would have a problem with a mother eating her children, or group of neighbors banding together and slaughtering their rivals across the street, and then offer a defense of, "It's okay! It happens in nature!"

That is all I was saying.

Seems to be happening all the time to me ....Palistinians.... Algeria... Libya...Myanmar... Rwanda... Nigeria... Kosovo ... Bosnia... Kashmir ... Somalia ... Afghanistan... and the beat goes on.[:/]

I never chose, I was just never sexually attracted to males ever. Honestly, lefty teachers kept saying its normal to have crushes on the same sex but I never did, to the point where I began to wonder if I ever would...and Nope, never have had a crush on a bloke.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It is simply a matter of choice. Choose to be normal or choose to be abnormal.

When Alan Turing, successful mathematician and codebreaking war hero, was convicted of homosexuality in the 1950's he was given the choice of a prison sentence or chemical castration. He chose the latter, which as it turned out affected him so badly he committed suicide 2 years later. Who would choose to put themselves in that situation?

And all of this is prophesied in the Holy Bible with a detailed final outcome.

Let me ask you this: if it wasn't condemned within the holy bible would you be otherwise ambivalent about the idea of handling another man's genitals in a sexual manner? Is it something you could imagine yourself choosing to do?

S are you saying its the act of buggery thats the problem but the state of being homosexual is acceptable to God otherwise?
The concept is maturation and self control.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>"It's not natural" is just as weak of a defense (or attack) for the similar reasons if
>that's the usage of "natural".

Fair enough.

>However, if one uses "natural" in the sense of inherent right or wrong
> we have to start looking into questions of morality

Agreed. And one could argue that a consciously applied manmade morality is NOT natural, and that in fact defying our natural drives is often an important element of morality.

IMO, the progression of sexual deviance will inevitably lead to open and accepted p***philia.

ahh once again, the sort of Philistine pig-ignorance I have come to expect...

another reason for the forgiving, kind, gentle, loving Christians to hate....and promote hatred to others.

How the hell does that work? A human makes a decision to ignore God's commands. OK. Then by what means does that internal decision cause other animals in the area to start craving sex with their same gender?

Edited to add: That would mean there was no homosexual activity going on among animals in the millions of years before humans showed up.

Millions of years is an assumption. That aside, everything God created was perfect in the beginning. Through one man, sin entered the world. The consequence of that disobedience was God's curse on all of creation described in Genesis 3. Romans 8 describes anticipation of the renewal of creation to its original state when sin is erradicated.

How the hell does that work? A human makes a decision to ignore God's commands. OK. Then by what means does that internal decision cause other animals in the area to start craving sex with their same gender?

Edited to add: That would mean there was no homosexual activity going on among animals in the millions of years before humans showed up.

Millions of years is an assumption. That aside, everything God created was perfect in the beginning. Through one man, sin entered the world. The consequence of that disobedience was God's curse on all of creation described in Genesis 3. Romans 8 describes anticipation of the renewal of creation to its original state when sin is erradicated.

i thought it was a WOman!? them bitches are crazy and evil, we all know that! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

just for the record, the crap you're posting is the most insulting stuff to any reasonable, caring human being. the "morals" you hold so high, you fail at even higher..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I agree. It is their choice.

Since you ignored my question the last time, I will ask it again.

Please tell me what lifestyle choices I am making that you disagree with.

Is it the car I'm driving?

Do I hog the door when I'm a floater?

Is it the food I eat? Do you think it's abhorrent that I eat shellfish?

Is it the clothes I wear? Am I wrong to wear poly-cotton blends?

Is it that I work on Sundays sometimes? Is that your problem?

Is it that I prefer Oblivion over HALO?

Is it the books I read?

Again, just tell me WTF you object to about my lifestyle.
Owned by Remi #?

I thought we were talking about sexual preference/lifestyle...and that my opinion wasn't personal?

And before you repeat this little nugget:

I don't recall asking or even suggesting I cared what your personal opinion was before you brought the subject up. You introduced your opinion and I asked a simple question in response.

What part of my lifestyle do you disagree with? You plainly stated that you disagreed with the homosexual lifestyle.

I really, really wanna know what I'm doing that's disagreeable.

I have this sneaking suspicion based on all the objections that I must be doing it wrong and that I'm probably missing out on the fun. Please educate me. I'm getting bored.
Owned by Remi #?

S are you saying its the act of buggery thats the problem but the state of being homosexual is acceptable to God otherwise?
The concept is maturation and self control.

Not exactly, I was referring to the fact that humans control their sex lives. We choose where, when and with whom we have sex. Sex is not mandatory. People can live without it. Therefore, learn personal responsibility and stop behaving like an out of control adolescent. (Not you specifically, a generality.)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

IMO, the progression of sexual deviance will inevitably lead to open and accepted p***philia.

ahh once again, the sort of Philistine pig-ignorance I have come to expect...

another reason for the forgiving, kind, gentle, loving Christians to hate....and promote hatred to others.

Your lack of knowledge regarding human behavior and psycho-social development is demonstrated. No hate in my statement. I just call it the way I see it.

If you wear white gloves to work your garden, the garden does not get "glovey."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

That aside, everything God created was perfect in the beginning.

if everything was so 'perfect', then why are more than 99% of all species that have existed over time already extinct?

I guess they were not so 'perfect' afterall.