Coreece

Homosexuality

I'm only speaking for myself...feel free to speak if you're offended.

When I was young, sex was pretty much a free for all. We just did whatever, we knew no better.

I was attracted to both male and female, but then I took anatomy class and realized that a penis fits into a vagina for a reason...then it all made sense.

I made my choice...I accepted the reality of the situation. I realized that guys shouldn't suck cock, and that my ass is only for taking a shit.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

When I was young, sex was pretty much a free for all. We just did whatever, we knew no better.

I was attracted to both male and female, but then I took anatomy class and realized that a penis fits into a vagina for a reason...then it all made sense.

I made my choice...I accepted the reality of the situation. I realized that guys shouldn't suck cock, and that my ass is only for taking a shit.

Your statement coincides with the human psychological development as I remember from grad school.

It is simply a matter of choice. Choose to be normal or choose to be abnormal.

The question is what is normal? The three concepts of normality, from a counselor's point of view, are statistical, moral and concept of self.

In the decadence of today's society the GLBT crowd is gaining in numbers and thus appear to be statistically normal.

Morality is being denigrated as Judeo-Christian principles are considered neolithic.

Concept of self is existential and enhances the feel good principle of human behavior. If it feels good it's OK, keep doing it.

IMO, the progression of sexual deviance will inevitably lead to open and accepted pedophilia.

And all of this is prophesied in the Holy Bible with a detailed final outcome.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Congratulations, you're a repressed bisexual. And?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Your statement coincides with the human psychological development as I remember from grad school.

The question is what is normal? The three concepts of normality, from a counselor's point of view, are statistical, moral and concept of self.

In the decadence of today's society the GLBT crowd is gaining in numbers and thus appear to be statistically normal.

Morality is being denigrated as Judeo-Christian principles are considered neolithic.

Concept of self is existential and enhances the feel good principle of human behavior. If it feels good it's OK, keep doing it.

IMO, the progression of sexual deviance will inevitably lead to open and accepted pedophilia.

no mentioning of pedophilia on this site - EVER!

cant read the forum-rules, but thinks he can interpret an old book.. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

no mentioning of pedophilia on this site - EVER!

cant read the forum-rules, but thinks he can interpret an old book.. :|

A mention in the proper context is fine. For instance, acknowledging it exists would be acceptable. Other uses might not be.

JOKES about it are unacceptable in any form.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't buy it.

When I hit puberty, the reaction to females - smell, touch, taste - went off the scale. There was no interchangeability with whatever substitute may have presented itself.

Even now I do not understand the attraction to much of anything but an attractive, willing member of the opposite sex. I am not going to give anyone grief for whatever they choose to do with other willing adult humans (though I prefer to be spared the gory details in general), but I do not pretend to identify with activities that I find uninteresting.

Without getting specific, there are quite a few seemingly popular activities or fantasies that I find repellent. Even hint at violence, for example, and I'm gone.

In any event, the drive to procreation seems to be hardwired. Quite how it morphs into much of anything else is beyond my comprehension, which is the way I like it.

BSBD,

Winsor

In any event, the drive to procreation seems to be hardwired. Quite how it morphs into much of anything else is beyond my comprehension, which is the way I like it.

Do you acknowledge it exists in nature beyond humans? For example, other apes.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

When Alan Turing, successful mathematician and codebreaking war hero, was convicted of homosexuality in the 1950's he was given the choice of a prison sentence or chemical castration. He chose the latter, which as it turned out affected him so badly he committed suicide 2 years later. Who would choose to put themselves in that situation?

Let me ask you this: if it wasn't condemned within the holy bible would you be otherwise ambivalent about the idea of handling another man's genitals in a sexual manner? Is it something you could imagine yourself choosing to do?

Do you acknowledge it exists in nature beyond humans? For example, other apes.

I acknowledge its existance from an intellectual standpoint, I just don't get it at a gut level.

Women either register as viable or not. Men and other species elicit a dial tone.

I have been in environments where women were not present for very extended periods of time, and men or other species never started looking good.

Growing up in a family of artists, I have been around gays my whole life. As long as it does not involve me, I find the whole thing to be uninteresting.

I do rather draw the line when it comes to such things as AIDS. Any time you had an epidemic of a fatal disease, there was no question that quarantine was in order. However, while gay communities were being devestated (not just decimated), you had a vociferous political bloc fighting for the right to pass on the infection - which boggles the mind.

I am a big fan of personal responsibility for the results of one's actions. I like the idea of legalizing drugs - with the caveat that an OD is an automatic DNR. Similarly, a mandatory AIDS test where "positive" is indicated by Rigor Mortis would have served to nip it in the bud.

The bottom line is that I fundamentally do not care what people do, so long as they do not hurt anyone else and they leave me alone. If they position themselves such that I have to decide between my interests and theirs, there is the stray chance that I will choose mine.

BSBD,

Winsor

From my perspective, it was not a choice at all. When I entered puberty, I developed very strong sexual feelings for girls, but not for boys. I did not choose to be straight for intellectual or moral reasons.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

From my perspective, it was not a choice at all. When I entered puberty, I developed very strong sexual feelings for girls, but not for boys.

Which is, I believe, what happens to the average person. I have suspicions about the folks who insist that sexuality involves only choice, and the suspicions are that many of them made what they considered to be a "moral" choice to suppress the sexuality that came naturally to them and live a miserably frustrated life.

I've known many naturally homosexual people who have chosen to live heterosexual lives for a time, but none of them chose to be homosexual. None of them were happy people at the time.

I know bisexuals who almost always choose homosexual relationships and some who almost always choose heterosexual relationships. I don't know anyone who ever claimed to choose to be bisexual.
Owned by Remi #?

+1

It's definitely not a choice, it's a feeling you get. A sexual or psychological response.

I could try to be gay now as much as I wanted, but it'd kind of be a problem since I don't find the idea sexually appealing and I'd constantly be thinking "this feels wrong", not in a morally wrong sense but in the sense that it's wrong for me, it's not who I am.

It's the same thing for gay people, they're sexually aroused and psychologically attracted to people of the same sex. And you can try to make them straight, some attempt to (thanks to judgement on the issue) try to live straight lives, but they will constantly have that feeling that says "this isn't me, this doesn't feel right".

Just turn the switches and you'll understand exactly how it is, picture homosexuality as the 'norm', and that you were told you should be gay. You'd feel odd, and you'd lack the sense of connection and attraction. If you think you'd feel otherwise, you may well be a repressed bisexual.

This seems to me a bizzare outlook. Even if you favour the theory of nurture over nature, then I'd still argue that 'choices' around sexuality in particular are largely made for us long before we have the capacity to make them ourselves.

If God told you tomorrow that he wanted you to be a homosexual, do you think you could suddenly become attracted to men?

When Alan Turing, successful mathematician and codebreaking war hero, was convicted of homosexuality in the 1950's he was given the choice of a prison sentence or chemical castration. He chose the latter, which as it turned out affected him so badly he committed suicide 2 years later. Who would choose to put themselves in that situation?

Let me ask you this: if it wasn't condemned within the holy bible would you be otherwise ambivalent about the idea of handling another man's genitals in a sexual manner? Is it something you could imagine yourself choosing to do?

The concept is maturation and self control.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I fail to see how self control even works into the topic.

You don't have to be sexually active to be gay. One can control actions, one cannot control thoughts.

Is your God against sexual activity between homosexuals or towards their longing for someone of the same sex?

I'm straight and even I'm offended by the term - "It is simply a matter of choice. Choose to be normal or choose to be abnormal."

It's obscenely ignorant.

You've dodged the point, do you think you could be gay if it was 'normal'. If you had the exact feelings you have now, but instead of heterosexuality being normal, homosexuality was - do you think you could choose to be gay, in an attempt to be normal? Do you think you could lose your attraction to females and gain one for men?

If you answer that you would be able to, that shows that you already have suppressed feelings towards the same sex, no biggie, no one here will judge you worse than you would.

Or you can answer that you couldn't give up your attraction towards women to have one for men. In which case you forfeit the statement that it's a choice.

It actually makes me so pissed off when I see people claiming homosexuality is a choice. Yes, I'm sure those thousands of people who killed themselves due to their sexual orientation just loved that their lives were filled with suffering, humiliation and self-loathing.

Rabbit hole, avoid, craziness indwells

It's an incredibly simple question. Could you imagine yourself willingly fondling another man's cock and balls if it wasn't prohibited by your religion? Most guys are able to answer that question in a heartbeat.

So we've established that you're dodging the question, now we've just got to find out whether it's because a) you know that your 'choice' argument has some serious problems or b) you're a closeted homosexual.

I wonder...