turtlespeed

Ok - so Gays in the miltary are ok, right?

Because I don't see it as any different - a preference is a preference

***And the military is supposed to care what individual soldiers think (or non-soldiers, in your case)?

They don't. They care about the overall effectiveness of the service. Right now I'd bet there are more high-potential or effective gay service members who are impacted negatively by DADT than who will be impacted negatively by its repeal.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>When a guy walks into the shower and get s fuckin raging hard on, I have
>a issue with that!

That's your problem, not his.

I am betting there is not a gay guy alive capable of "get s fuckin raging hard on" if he walked into the same shower as a certain poster who thinks every gay guy around would be instantly turned on by his hirsute hotness:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

>When a guy walks into the shower and get s fuckin raging hard on, I have
>a issue with that!

That's your problem, not his.

I am betting there is not a gay guy alive capable of "get s fuckin raging hard on" if he walked into the same shower as a certain poster who thinks every gay guy around would be instantly turned on by his hirsute hotness:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Like you would have a clue?:S

You assume that there havent been and aren't any current gays in the military. Showering, sharing tents, etc. doesnt mean people cannot and have not been adults enough to act accordingly. Just because you are straight doesnt mean if you share a tent that anything will happen either.

None of this matters as long as the person does their job which is to protect our country.

One other thing actually repealing DADT actually helps the military in several ways. 1. Stops the good ole boy system. I knew several gays in the service; the way it worked was this: If your chain of command liked you (not in that way) then they let you be who you were, but if the COC didn't then they would section 15 you in a heartbeat. So this will stop this good ole boy system.
2. Soldiers trying to get out of deployment cannot use the "gay for a day" excuse in order to avoid fulfilling their contractual commitments that we as tax paying citizen pay them for.
3. Currently, enlistment is severely down. We need soldiers to protect us. Lifting this program opens a larger pool of available citizens to serve.
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

When a guy walks into the shower and get s fuckin raging hard on, I have a issue with that!

So you have a fear of men with hard dicks and of TSA, though neither is molesting you. Hmm.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Do you REALLY just want to sleep with every woman you meet? Can you really not function at work with women around, because you're so obsessed with wanting to see them naked? :P

Have you ever seen "When Harry met Sally?" Billy Crystal explains that very question for all of us. Well not all of us I guess, hence the thread topic.

You assume that there havent been and aren't any current gays in the military. Showering, sharing tents, etc. doesnt mean people cannot and have not been adults enough to act accordingly. Just because you are straight doesnt mean if you share a tent that anything will happen either.

None of this matters as long as the person does their job which is to protect our country.

One other thing actually repealing DADT actually helps the military in several ways. 1. Stops the good ole boy system. I knew several gays in the service; the way it worked was this: If your chain of command liked you (not in that way) then they let you be who you were, but if the COC didn't then they would section 15 you in a heartbeat. So this will stop this good ole boy system.
2. Soldiers trying to get out of deployment cannot use the "gay for a day" excuse in order to avoid fulfilling their contractual commitments that we as tax paying citizen pay them for.
3. Currently, enlistment is severely down. We need soldiers to protect us. Lifting this program opens a larger pool of available citizens to serve.

Then "WHY" have to serve "openly" gay? If they can simply do their job, and have for years...WHY "Openly Gay"? what is the gain? All I see is negative...Not positive!

Then "WHY" have to serve "openly" gay? If they can simply do their job, and have for years...WHY "Openly Gay"? what is the gain? All I see is negative...Not positive!

Same reason its okay for you to be openly straight. It isn't important for the job you're doing. If you have a hang-up about it, YOU have the problem. Imagine that!

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Maybe because 'openly gay' to you seems to be the bar in the 'Police Academy' movie.

It's not them...it's you.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Same reason its okay for you to be openly straight. It isn't important for the job you're doing. If you have a hang-up about it, YOU have the problem. Imagine that!

linz

Beyond stupid responce,,,,,No one in the Military can be Openly Sexual, on duty!

Nice try , ya gotta troll harder!

linz

Beyond stupid responce,,,,,No one in the Military can be Openly Sexual, on duty!

Nice try , ya gotta troll harder!

Then stay in the closet while you're on duty! Problem solved. ;)
--

Do you REALLY just want to sleep with every woman you meet? Can you really not function at work with women around, because you're so obsessed with wanting to see them naked? :P

Have you ever seen "When Harry met Sally?" Billy Crystal explains that very question for all of us. Well not all of us I guess, hence the thread topic.

no [straight] man will admit to seeing this movie.

And the premise is false. I have plenty of girlfriends I don't want to sleep with.

And the premise is false. I have plenty of girlfriends I don't want to sleep with.

Same goes for gays. I'd say 95% of my friends are straight males and they know I would never try to get with them. And I wouldn't try because they are just my friends. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I want to f*** every guy I see.

Same goes for gays. I'd say 95% of my friends are straight males and they know I would never try to get with them. And I wouldn't try because they are just my friends. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I want to f*** every guy I see.

well, I'm not going to claim to be only interested in 5% of those lady friends. Probably off by a factor of 10. :P

well, I'm not going to claim to be only interested in 5% of those lady friends. Probably off by a factor of 10. :P

I don't think you understood my post. I'm saying 95% of my friends are straight guys. The other 5%, girls and a few gay friends. I'm not attracted to 100% of my straight friends.

I really don't see what the big deal is. I'm in the military and I'm straight, and as long as the person who is next to me can shoot his fucking weapon or do whatever job he is supposed to do then there isn't no problem. All of these people who are talking about people getting raped in the shower. Its not going to happen. It is a farfetched secario that homophobes come up with to try and justify their point. There are people who didn't want black people in the military and that worked out well. There are people who don't want women on submarines, but now those boats are getting women on them. The military is adapting and the people of the Armed Forces need to adapt too. I really do not even see why a civilian would give a fuck whether gay people can serve in the military or not.