quade

Last combat convoy has left Iraq

OK, I just got to say it, everybody is thinking it, well at least I am. Is Obama a Muslim?:S

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/nov05election/detail?entry_id=70452

the story of the day: "A new poll released today by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life finds that 18 percent of American adults believe that their president is an adherent of the Muslim faith — up from 11 percent last year."

Repeating lies over and over again really does work, esp for those who want to believe them.

It works REALLLLY well with those with 2 digit IQ's in the red states.

And even better for the left wing, unfortunately[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Back in 2003 I was on the fence not knowing whether or not the Iraq invasion was the right thing to do. Saddam was scum and he had a history of using WMDs on his own people. It was easy to buy into the WMDs argument. But over time it was clear that the Iraq invasion was not the right thing to do (and I assure you I am no Lefty). I wish I could remember who said it and exactly what the quote was, but there is a famous quote out there concerning war and it goes something like this:

"Countries know how to start wars, but they never know where it will lead them".

The USA time again has shown the world they are 2nd to none when it comes to invading countries. But you guys really suck at occupying them. Who knows what the real reason why the US invaded Iraq is, but if it was for their natural resources, the USA could pick on a much easier target the next time. The USA should find a country on this planet who has more natural resources than most other countries. The USA should find a country that is poorly defended with people who could not even put up a fight once they were invaded because this society was so dumb that they purposely disarmed themselves.

The Iraq war was a big mistake. Iraqis (like the Vietnamese, like the Russians in WWII when Germany invaded) were actually not afraid to die for their country. The next USA invasion should happen on a country where the population would not fight to defend it's homeland and then and only then will the USA end it's horrendous track record of occupying countries. Hmmm ... now I wonder where such an easy target with huge sums of natural resources and a population that is unable and unwilling to defend itself could be?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

OK, I just got to say it, everybody is thinking it, well at least I am. Is Obama a Muslim?

You come in with that after Mike pointed out that all he's done is follow Bush's timetable for withdrawal? Are you suspicious that George Bush might be a Muslim?

Dame, did I hit a Nerve?

Well it does get a little tedious seeing these moronic rumours and conspiracy theories crop up time after time after time...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

OK, I just got to say it, everybody is thinking it, well at least I am. Is Obama a Muslim?:S

the story of the day: "A new poll released today by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life finds that 18 percent of American adults believe that their president is an adherent of the Muslim faith — up from 11 percent last year."

Repeating lies over and over again really does work, esp for those who want to believe them.

No one in their right mind.... and who is not a complete and utter MORON... could possibly believe the president is a muslim or not an American. Someone who can come to that conclusion is lacking a WHOLE bunch of brain cells to rub together to have that amount of stupidity.. and then put voice to it.:S:S:S:S

BUT... no amount of stupidity that has come out of the conservatard red states surprises me when it comes their dislike of our president and his african heritage.

No one in their right mind.... and who is not a complete and utter MORON... could possibly believe the president is a muslim or not an American. Someone who can come to that conclusion is lacking a WHOLE bunch of brain cells to rub together to have that amount of stupidity.. and then put voice to it.:S:S:S:S

BUT... no amount of stupidity that has come out of the conservatard red states surprises me when it comes their dislike of our president and his african heritage.

When will the left finally get it?
It is not his skin color . . . It's not his heritage . . . it is policies and agenda that are so ver very wrong for the Amrican populace.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

It is not his skin color . . . It's not his heritage . . . it is policies and agenda that are so ver very wrong for the Amrican populace.

I know you want SOOOOO hard to believe that but I call BULL FUCKING SHIT

Because you have such a problem believeing that there are conservatives that are not racist, you must not think it to be possible.

that tells alot about yourself, wether you want to admit it or not.

Then you're dead fucking wrong

Based on things I heard while driving all over SC GA and FL last year... driving from Dallas back to Washington State I managed to traverse a HELL of a lot of CONSERVATARD America. and the things I hear constantly at the firing range and certainly things said over on the RED side of even this state....... you are in SEVERE denial.

If you guys can't even be honest with yourselves... I know you can't be honest with anyone else.[:/][:/]

I don't think this is really something that Obama or any political party can necessarily take credit for. If you were surprised by this, as if Obama just magically decided to do this out of the blue without any previous lead up over the last several years, you're just ignorant and have never heard of the SOFA agreement standing between US/Iraq:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.-Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement

This agreement was hammered out during the Bush administration through collective negotiations between the Iraqi parliament, US DOD, and US state department.

Here's a little spoiler if you're one of the yahoos who keeps frantically asking yourself and everyone else when all US forces will be withdrawn:

"On November 27, 2008, the Iraqi Parliament ratified a Status of Forces Agreement with the United States... all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011, but allowing for further negotiation if the Iraqi Prime Minister believes Iraq is not stable enough" and "A referendum of Iraqis will be held in mid-2009 on the pact, which may require Coalition forces to leave by the middle of 2010."

Why were forces there so long? Turns out Iraq was asking for it and the UN mandated the presence of the multinational force in Iraq until at least the end of 2008:

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2007/sc9207.doc.htm

Read people read!
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

>don't interrupt the mutual chin wiping with reality.

Don't worry; by tomorrow there will be some bad economic news or something that the GOP can be happy about.

If Iraq falls apart by year end, I'll again ask you (and others) why we didn't leave 6 years ago.

We aren't going to be _gone_ by the end of the year. Yeah the last 'Combat' force may have left, but we still have a bunch of people here.

Don't expect the entire system to fail, atleast not yet.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

And there are intelligent people who disagree with that assessment.

Talking about the substance of the disagreement will get some common understanding, and probably some common ground, which can lead to progress.

Sometimes there isn't a single right answer.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

But that's just the debate over policy and politics. But for an adult American to still think that Obama is a Muslim or was not born in the US is plain ignorance. And for many of them, the very reason why they're so eager to think that is because of his skin color and his heritage.

Because you have such a problem believeing that there are conservatives that are not racist, you must not think it to be possible.

Perhaps in her case. But there's no doubt that there's a large portion. As the poll revealed, more Republicans think he's Muslim than Christian, despite obvious evidence otherwise.

Perhaps in her case. But there's no doubt that there's a large portion. As the poll revealed, more Republicans think he's Muslim than Christian, despite obvious evidence otherwise.

where's the poll about "who gives a shit what religion the president is?"
--
Rob

where's the poll about "who gives a shit what religion the president is?"

That's the new reality, unless the person is Muslim or Mormon. Or atheist, should one dare to openly admit it. But it's no longer an issue for Catholics, and any random Protestant affiliation makes no waves.

In another thread somebody sarcastically asked what Obama has done during his term so far.
Well, there is this; "Last U.S. combat convoy has left Iraq"

All Obama has done is to continue with the plan put in place by President Bush, to turn the security of the country back over to the Iraqiis. So this isn't really an Obama accomplishment - it's just the beginning of the end as planned by Bush all along.

... it's just the beginning of the end as planned by Bush all along.

Is that REALLY what you wanted to say? ;)

Also, I seriously doubt it's what "Bush" planned all along. The PNAC had pretty different plans for Iraq well before Bush even took office.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

In another thread somebody sarcastically asked what Obama has done during his term so far.

All Obama has done is to continue with the plan put in place by President Bush, to turn the security of the country back over to the Iraqiis. So this isn't really an Obama accomplishment - it's just the beginning of the end as planned by Bush all along.

If I recall correctly Bush's original plan was something along the lines of;

Step 1) Invade.

Step 2) Be welcomed by all with open arms and flowers.

Step 3) Mission Accomplished.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Step 3) Mission Accomplished.

That's what he said. I heard it with my own 2 ears. :|

You are going to have a difficult job proving that you heard it with your own 2 ears.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/01/iraq/main551946.shtml

http://hubpages.com/hub/President_Bush_and_the_Mission_Accomplished_Speech

Having read the speech it is interesting that President Bush never mentioned the "Mission Accomplished"; rather he stated that there was an end of major combat operations. He was standing under a Banner that stated Mission Accomplished which was for the USS Abraham Lincoln which had just completed the longest deployment of a Carrier Group in 30 years.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 to 1988 is 7 years-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

But Obama gets the blame for "raising" taxes when the "planned by Bush" tax cut expiration comes due. How's that work?:S
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.