JohnDeere

The colder it gets, the warmer it gets?

>Hot weather, cold weather, snow, no snow, earthquakes, floods, droughts,
>hurricanes, wind, rainbows, etc... are all products of "global warming".

I thought they were all Odumbo's fault. Hard to keep up with who to blame lately.

Well Katrina and Haiti were Bush's fault, I can't pin anything on Obama.... except maybe rainbows. Yep, I'm pretty sure Obama is the reason for rainbows.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

>We've had unusually little snow and warmer than usual temps in Toronto

SHUSH, you! There will be no facts in this thread, only selected weather anecdotes and Al Gore bashing!

You say that, like Al Gore bashing is a BAD thing:P

The half wits that can't tell fact from fiction bash those that are much smarter than they are. The half wits parrot whatever they are told by their leaders.

Fact - Al Gore wrote and pushed through much of the legislation that opened up the Internet to the general public. For the half wits who know nothing of history, the Internet used to be restricted to military and educational institutional access. It was NOT open to the public, as it is now.

Fact - Global warming/climate change is real. It is caused by human activity. No reputable scientist denies this. Al Gore was able to bring this issue to the masses in a way that was understandable.

It takes real morons to bash someone for their positive contributions to the world. None of the half wits has ever done anything even close to what Gore has accomplished.

>>>Forcing them away from farming operations...

Farming provides neither the high sales tax revenue now property tax revue that industrial and commercial land use provides.

Governments don't like agriculture because the tax base is so low. Of course they want to force out agriculture.

Well, there are few other options in farming areas and therefore that is all they got. While I agree with your point if not farming in NW Iowa there would be nothing, which is what they get with DNR ownership
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Come on... we all know by now that any conceivable weather condition is the direct result of "global warming". Hot weather, cold weather, snow, no snow, earthquakes, floods, droughts, hurricanes, wind, rainbows, etc... are all products of "global warming".

Nah, global warming does not have anything to do with earthquakes. Otherwise, you are absolutely, 100% correct. Without solar heating and the subsequent warming of our globe, we would not have any weather.

Come on... we all know by now that any conceivable weather condition is the direct result of "global warming". Hot weather, cold weather, snow, no snow, earthquakes, floods, droughts, hurricanes, wind, rainbows, etc... are all products of "global warming".

Nah, global warming does not have anything to do with earthquakes. Otherwise, you are absolutely, 100% correct. Without solar heating and the subsequent warming of our globe, we would not have any weather.

Does Global Warming affect the orbit of the Moon?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The half wits that can't tell fact from fiction bash those that are much smarter than they are. The half wits parrot whatever they are told by their leaders.

Fact - Al Gore wrote and pushed through much of the legislation that opened up the Internet to the general public. For the half wits who know nothing of history, the Internet used to be restricted to military and educational institutional access. It was NOT open to the public, as it is now.

Wow, who would have thought that Al Gore, who was elected to the House in 1977, was instrumental in opening up public access to companies like Compuserve, who had been providing information services to the public since the mid-70's?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No, but it does affect the delicate flavor of the moon's cheesy center.

Wrong Moon - :D:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"cheesy center" :D:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"cheesy center" :D:D

It's actually a myth that it's made completely of cheese, even though that was God's original plan. It was likely propagated by those blessed purveyors of dairy products.

Wow, who would have thought that Al Gore, who was elected to the House in 1977, was instrumental in opening up public access to companies like Compuserve, who had been providing information services to the public since the mid-70's?

The internet was inevitable, just like Skynet.

Thanks to the work at Bell Labs and Cal with open protocols, it was just time before its infrastructure replaced Compuserve, Prodigy, and the notorious AOL. Gore was nothing more than a facilitator to the evolution.

Thanks to the work at Bell Labs and Cal with open protocols, it was just time before its infrastructure replaced Compuserve, Prodigy, and the notorious AOL. Gore was nothing more than a facilitator to the evolution.

Oh, I don't disagree - the bill that he pushed shortly after becoming VP *did* help the situation quite a bit, but he wasn't the 'father of the internet' that the other poster makes it seem.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>the bill that he pushed shortly after becoming VP *did* help the
>situation quite a bit . . .

Agreed.

> but he wasn't the 'father of the internet' that the other poster makes it
>seem.

He didn't say he was "the father of the Internet." Nor did Gore say he invented it. He did do more than any other politician to turn it from a military project to the worldwide network that we're using right now.

Side note - how times change. Back in the 1980's, when usenet was the only universal forum system and Arpanet was competing with Bitnet for worldwide adoption, I recall one right-wing poster saying something along the lines of "let's see how much you like Al Gore's Internet when you find out anyone can read your mail!" It was an attempt to link him to something they thought would fail, much as people try to link healthcare to Obama today. I imagine there will come a day when conservatives try to claim that Obama had nothing to do with any successful healthcare legislation that comes from his work in government.

Oh, I don't disagree - the bill that he pushed shortly after becoming VP *did* help the situation quite a bit, but he wasn't the 'father of the internet' that the other poster makes it seem.

Al Gore's relation to the Internet is analogous to President Eisenhower's relation to the interstate highway system that bears his name. Ike rightly gets a lot of credit for the Interstate system and Gore should similarly get credit for the Internet. Gore never claimed to have INVENTED it (any more than Ike claimed to have invented wide roads), that's just political posturing from the right.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Fact - Global warming/climate change is real. It is caused by human activity. No reputable scientist denies this. Al Gore was able to bring this issue to the masses in a way that was understandable.

It takes real morons to bash someone for their positive contributions to the world. None of the half wits has ever done anything even close to what Gore has accomplished.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://briefingroom.typepad.com/the_briefing_room/2009/12/ipcc-peer-review-tantamount-to-fraud-ipcc-official-admits.html
fact ?? post your proof and read this article.
where did you get your facts from? the outdoor mountain climbing magazine or the student's
dissertation ? these were two of the so-called proofs of global warming that the ipcc used , not to mention the the so-call Himalayan fraud .or the hacked e-mails
if you are going to tell us that its a fact then show us proof .;)

Al Gore's relation to the Internet is analogous to President Eisenhower's relation to the interstate highway system that bears his name. Ike rightly gets a lot of credit for the Interstate system and Gore should similarly get credit for the Internet. Gore never claimed to have INVENTED it (any more than Ike claimed to have invented wide roads), that's just political posturing from the right.

Yeah, but if people repeat it enough times it might come true.

It almost worked for the birther thing, and the "death panel" thing.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Case, in point!

Have you seen the Drudge headlines, today?....Time to eat some humble pie, and wipe the egg off your face.