JohnDeere

The colder it gets, the warmer it gets?

It's the Snowpocalypse! It's snowing right now, so there can't possibly be any issues with increasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere. No science needed. I'm convinced; sign me up.

Hey Bill you might want to read and watch......
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

What it means is that the level of accretion of glaciers is expected to rise as the amount of precipitation increases. Across the globe, we will see fantastic blizzards caused by the increase in water vapor in a warmer atmosphere.

Thus, massive increases in snow levels are to be expected. More snow equals more bigger glaciers - especially at the poles. Thus, the measures stasis of polar glaciers will be impacted by thickening of them.

That's what it means.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

So is that how it works? Anyone care to explain this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/10/dylan-ratigan-snowstorms_n_456945.html

:|

Jim DeMint (R-SC) tweeted yesterday that it would continue to snow until Al Gore cries uncle.

So many have so much invested in this scam they can't afford to admit the truth. Common sense people will go on about their business as usual.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Jim DeMint (R-SC) tweeted yesterday that it would continue to snow until Al Gore cries uncle.

So many have so much invested in this scam they can't afford to admit the truth. Common sense people will go on about their business as usual.

Our cold, wet winter here was caused by warmer than usual water in the pacific. In this case it was el nino. The warmer waters altered the heating patterns in the pacific, drawing the jet stream southward and giving us a cold, wet winter. El nino is cyclical, and this weather is part of that cyclical pattern so I would not put the blame on GW (although one could argue that it contributed to the severity).
But in short, yes. Global warming can cause snow storms. But our political hack jobs here in VA apparently won't acknowledge that fact nor will they ever let a crisis go to waste:P

Our cold, wet winter here was caused by warmer than usual water in the pacific. In this case it was el nino. The warmer waters altered the heating patterns in the pacific, drawing the jet stream southward and giving us a cold, wet winter. El nino is cyclical, and this weather is part of that cyclical pattern so I would not put the blame on GW (although one could argue that it contributed to the severity).
But in short, yes. Global warming can cause snow storms. But our political hack jobs here in VA apparently won't acknowledge that fact nor will they ever let a crisis go to waste:P

Well you are partly correct. The weather man here in Iowa says normally the conditions you list will cause a warmer winter in the US and Iowa but, there have been exceptions. This year is one of them. Nothing to do with AGW:)
YOU should really stop listening to your political hack jobs
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>We've had unusually little snow and warmer than usual temps in Toronto

SHUSH, you! There will be no facts in this thread, only selected weather anecdotes and Al Gore bashing!

You say that, like Al Gore bashing is a BAD thing:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

SHUSH, you! There will be no facts in this thread, only selected weather anecdotes and Al Gore bashing!

Isn't the Toronto report another example of "selected weather anecdotes?"

This year's El Nino seems to be shaping up as a rather strong one, after stalling for a bit in Dec->early January. Much of the regional weather variations will be attributable to it.

Come on... we all know by now that any conceivable weather condition is the direct result of "global warming". Hot weather, cold weather, snow, no snow, earthquakes, floods, droughts, hurricanes, wind, rainbows, etc... are all products of "global warming".
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

It's been an average winter so far here in Calgary. A couple of months ago we were dealing with arctic -30 or colder temperatures for a few weeks with tons of snow and then it warmed up. Then it got cold again and even more snow fell and then it warmed up. This is what we get in Calgary. Snowy icy cold nasty weather mixed with the occasional chinook warm spell. Same old same old. I would be a fool think that we will not be getting more cold snowy weather in the weeks or months to come since we are only 11 days into February and it is not uncommon for us to have snow in May or June. But I will fess up and say I welcome as much warm weather as we can get, dealing with arctic temperatures is not fun.

There is nothing wrong with people trying to control their consumption, control their waste, reduce, reuse recycle and use different forms of energy. But the last time I checked Mother Nature was much more powerful that we humans ever were and no amount of increased taxation or carbon trading scheme will ever control what Mother Nature throws at us.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

We had a year of more than usual hurricanes and they said it was from global warming , then last year we had a less then usual year of hurricanes and i suppose that also means that was from global warming . Its damn if you do and damn if you don't from these global warming idiots . all they want is to tax from the people who have and let the U.N. give that money to the people who have not .[:/]
That is why they are trying to B.S. everyone, they want to socialize the world.

they want to socialize the world.

The United Nations Agenda 21 ...

Global Communism ...

They want to tell you where you will live, where you will work, what you will do at work, how you will get to and from your assigned job and if you try to venture out of your assigned zone, well you will never be heard from again. They want to do this all in the name of:

"Economic Sustainability in order to manage Climate Change".

It's being taught in University to the older students and taught in elementary school to all the young ones. I am sure a professor will be happy to tell you all about the blissful benefits of adopting their global commune.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>They want to tell you where you will live, where you will work, what you will
>do at work, how you will get to and from your assigned job and if you try to
>venture out of your assigned zone, well you will never be heard from again.
>They want to do this all in the name of:

>"Economic Sustainability in order to manage Climate Change".

Yep. People have tried that angle in the US for decades. I heard similar things said about CARB, about the EPA, and about CAFE. Catalytic converters would cause Ford to shut down. Chrysler said the fuel-economy requirements of the 1970's would result in no full-size vehicles on the roads. Ford said CAFE requirements would mean we'd all be driving sub-Pinto sized cars. Imposing SOx cap-and-trade would end the coal industry in America. Ethanol requirements will starve America's poor by making corn too expensive.

And all those things happened - and yet today we burn more coal than ever, drive bigger cars than ever, and use more power than ever. Today some of our biggest problems as a country are that we eat too much, have jobs that are too cushy and we spend too much at Wal-Mart. Our kids are obese because they eat too many corn chips and drink too much high fructose corn syrup. This is the horrible, limited world that all those clowns predicted?

Eventually people realize that those politicians and industrial leaders aren't always honest. And the next time someone tells them that reducing CO2 emissions will mean the end of the world as they know it, or that it will mean living under communist rule, they're going to realize they're being lied to yet again. You can only lie to people for so long, even in the US.

>Hot weather, cold weather, snow, no snow, earthquakes, floods, droughts,
>hurricanes, wind, rainbows, etc... are all products of "global warming".

I thought they were all Odumbo's fault. Hard to keep up with who to blame lately.

NPR recently reported it was primarily elevated methane discharges in protected wetlands that are to blame for global warming.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

>NPR recently reported it was primarily elevated methane discharges
>in protected wetlands that are to blame for global warming.

I like it! It's the wetlands, stupid. (Although switching from type 1 to type 2 so quickly may be suboptimal from a sales perspective.)

I thought they were all Odumbo's fault. Hard to keep up with who to blame lately.

NPR recently reported it was primarily elevated methane discharges in protected wetlands that are to blame for global warming.

There's a problem we know how to fix!

The DNR here in Iowa is grabbing up land at a fast rate. They are to pay property taxes on the land IF they have any money left at the end of the budget year by law. They never have any money left and so there are a few counties in the NW part of the state that are having major budget issues because of the practice. There are groups who are trying to get laws passed (well more laws actually) that will stop land owners from repairing or replacing bad tile so forcing them away from farming operations.

Starting to get a little ugly in some cases
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yes we must protect the wetlands esp the inhabitants like the precious manatee, which is being threatened by climate change. Nearly 100 of these gentle creatures have been killed due to climate change. I spent more than a hour talking to a WWF rep trying to find out how I can help the manatees from climate change. I was told to check out their website. I told them that I had, but the only climate change threat on their website was global warming. I wanted to find out how to stop global cooling climate change. (to save the peace loving manatees) the rep had to put me on hold several times before she recomended that I make a contribution to the WWF general fund. Please help save the manatee.

>>>Forcing them away from farming operations...

Farming provides neither the high sales tax revenue now property tax revue that industrial and commercial land use provides.

Governments don't like agriculture because the tax base is so low. Of course they want to force out agriculture.

My wife is hotter than your wife.