JohnDeere

The colder it gets, the warmer it gets?

Fact - Global warming/climate change is real. It is caused by human activity. No reputable scientist denies this. Al Gore was able to bring this issue to the masses in a way that was understandable.

The half wits that can't tell fact from fiction bash those that are much smarter than they are. The half wits parrot whatever they are told by their leaders.

Case, in point!

Have you seen the Drudge headlines, today?....Time to eat some humble pie, and wipe the egg off your face.

Well I be damned

Global warming really did NOT stop in 1998!!

Did you see that billvon?:)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Fact - Global warming/climate change is real. It is caused by human activity. No reputable scientist denies this. Al Gore was able to bring this issue to the masses in a way that was understandable.

The half wits that can't tell fact from fiction bash those that are much smarter than they are. The half wits parrot whatever they are told by their leaders.

Case, in point!

Have you seen the Drudge headlines, today?....Time to eat some humble pie, and wipe the egg off your face.

Drudge Reports is not a factual news site. I don't waste time reading a load of right wing bullshit on a regular basis.
I like reality based news sources that do fact checking and publish corrections when the fact checking is shown to have been in error.

Case, in point!

Drudge Reports is not a factual news site. I don't waste time reading a load of right wing bullshit on a regular basis.
I like reality based news sources that do fact checking and publish corrections when the fact checking is shown to have been in error.

Thats HOT:$:$:$

You are so funny

From Drudge my dear:D:D
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html

Someone will get you a towel for the egg:ph34r:

Abraham Lincoln

Might as well be the National Enquirer. The Mail is where JR gets all his push-poll fodder.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Might as well be the National Enquirer. The Mail is where JR gets all his push-poll fodder.;)

Yet another content-less reply

Considering the IPCC hero admits so many things I would think you may do better

Maybe next time
Abraham Lincoln

I guess you get your facts from Daily Kos, and HuffPo...Amazingly linked in Drudge.

I am thinking if you EVER read anything.... that was not right whine tripe..... that your head would spin around while spewing green pea soup looking stuff.:S:S:S

I am thinking if you EVER read anything.... that was not right whine tripe..... that your head would spin around while spewing green pea soup looking stuff.:S:S:S

Like this?

Like this?

I had no idea that was you and Amazon in those glass globes

Go figure
Abraham Lincoln

So do you then allege that the good professor across the pond did not statw what the rag accuses him of stating?

if he did in fact make those statements then, yes, Mann's hockey stick is conjecture. It's been pointed out by many that the hockey stick omits the medievel warm period. The good professor is nice enough to state that we don't know whether it was global or local.

The effect is that the hockey stick is itself conjecture for the past. Mann assumes it didn't exist because there is a lack of evidence (except for the northern hemispheric recoreds) to suggest that it did. In other words, the evidence we have suggests it, but since we want more we will assume that it didn't happen.

I think it's pretty important...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahha. It seems to be totally lost on you that calling someone a smug, know it all punk. Is really the realm of a punk know it all suffering from a delusion mixture of smugness and hubris. A trait normally associated with children and the insane.

So do you then allege that the good professor across the pond did not statw what the rag accuses him of stating?

i.

Not according to the Kansas City Star

voices.kansascity.com/node/7593

What did climate scientist Phil Jones say to get the global warming deniers all, well, hot and bothered?

The Daily Mail has a story with this erroneous headline getting a lot of attention: "Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995."

Uh, no, that's not what he said.

So I guess it all depends on whether you consider the KCS more credible than the Daily Mail.

Of course, you could ALWAYS go to the source and see what he REALLY told the BBC:o.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8511670.stm

from which I cherry pick one Q&A:

BBC - How confident are you that warming has taken place and that humans are mainly responsible?

Jones - I'm 100% confident that the climate has warmed. As to the second question, I would go along with IPCC Chapter 9 - there's evidence that most of the warming since the 1950s is due to human activity.

It appears that, as usual, the Daily Mail is full of shit. I expect there were no UFO sightings this week.

A trait normally associated with children and the insane.

And those who believe in AGW so strongly that they'll make up facts to match their conclusions....

and those who will believe the admitted scam artists.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

>And those who believe in AGW so strongly that they'll make up facts to
>match their conclusions....

Yep. Just as there are people who want so badly to support their denier ideology that they'll abandon science and cling to the same tired political arguments. Heck, they'll even believe spokesmen paid by oil companies!

What did climate scientist Phil Jones say to get the global warming deniers all, well, hot and bothered?

The Daily Mail has a story with this erroneous headline getting a lot of attention: "Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995."

Uh, no, that's not what he said.

So I guess it all depends on whether you consider the KCS more credible than the Daily Mail.

Hmmm. I read the Daily Mail. Here's what

t said:

***He further admitted that in the last 15 years there had been no ‘statistically significant’ warming, although he argued this was a blip rather than the long-term trend.

In other words, any warming is statistically nominal but that 15 years isn't enough time.

It appears that the Daily Mail actually agrees with you. Some other spinmeisters may have taken what the Daily Mail wrote and spun it. Good thing I read the source.

BBC - How confident are you that warming has taken place and that humans are mainly responsible?

Jones - I'm 100% confident that the climate has warmed. As to the second question, I would go along with IPCC Chapter 9 - there's evidence that most of the warming since the 1950s is due to human activity.

Said the Daily Mail Article:

He also agreed that there had been two periods which experienced similar warming, from 1910 to 1940 and from 1975 to 1998, but said these could be explained by natural phenomena whereas more recent warming could not.

Hmm. So it says that Jones believes that recent warming cannot be explained by anything other than human activity. THe unfairness of the Daily Mail is shocking, I tell you.

Point out what the Daily Mail wrote that was factually incorrect. Your comment does not pass peer review.

By the way - I checked out a favorite source (I read it often) - realclimate. Their responses were interesting, to say the least.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>And those who believe in AGW so strongly that they'll make up facts to
>match their conclusions....

Yep. Just as there are people who want so badly to support their denier ideology that they'll abandon science and cling to the same tired political arguments. Heck, they'll even believe spokesmen paid by oil companies!

And then the third group, the ones who are undecided, that can't get a straight answer either way. Then one side admits to fabricating data. Makes it easy to sway one way...

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

>And then the third group, the ones who are undecided, that can't get
>a straight answer either way.

There's a fourth group that doesn't really care for all the politics, but is interested in the science aspects of it - atmospheric chemistry, radiative transfer, carbon cycles etc. Not many people care about such things though; not much money to be made there.

> Then one side admits to fabricating data. Makes it easy to sway one way...

Yep. Then you notice the other side is lying too, and you realize that it's politics as usual.

Heck, they'll even believe spokesmen paid by oil companies!

Would that be the same spokesman that was lead author for a chapter in the IPCC Third assessment as well as contributing author in the IPCC Second Assessment, or a different one?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>So, which one are YOU talking about, then?

Well, let's see. There was Frederick Seitz, who was paid by Exxon to publish a misleading "National Academy of Sciences" article; this article was then used to drum up support for a petition drive. It was so blatant that the NAS issued a news release to make it clear they had nothing to do with it:

"The petition project was a deliberate attempt to mislead scientists and to rally them in an attempt to undermine support for the Kyoto Protocol. The petition was not based on a review of the science of global climate change, nor were its signers experts in the field of climate science."

Then there's Fred Singer. Some background on him - "In April 1998 a dozen people from the denial machine — including the Marshall Institute, Fred Singer's group and Exxon — met at the American Petroleum Institute's Washington headquarters. They proposed a $5 million campaign, according to a leaked eight-page memo, to convince the public that the science of global warming is riddled with controversy and uncertainty."

Then there's Steve Milloy, a FOX News columnist who receives funding from Exxon and Philip-Morris (via the 'The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition', of which he was the executive director.) Not surprisingly he used his website junkscience.com to 'prove' that secondhand smoke wasn't bad for you and that climate change wasn't happening.

Take your pick.