Andy_Copland

Anti Whale Terrorist Boat Gets Rammed

The only meat Homo Sapien could have digested raw would have been fish; CAN YOU REFUTE THAT OR JUST MORE UNSUBSTANTIATED RHETORIC?

I had a rare steak the other night that was really rare. (by definition, a cool red center) And I didn't think about this thread at all. I enjoyed my meal. It didn't prove anything to anyone except me (that I still love a nice cut of meat, and that cow is yummy).

Amen to that..I had a VERYnice thick rib eye last night.

If Lucky wants to graze thru a field...more power to him....go enjoy. I guess that is how he has been looking into the eyes of so many other food animals.:ph34r:

If you want to turn compassion for those w/o a voice into a sexually perverted remark, cool. I did think I could get thru to your compassionate conscience, I've seen you have one.

I know this is a subject you seem to be a FANATIC about.. please do not expect others to follow suit. I will be the first to admit I am a speciesist, and some species are known as FOOD.. deal with it.

At least you admit that you are a speciesist, most pseudo-carnivores don't ackonowldge that. Yes, some species are known as food and some as prey, it's just unnatural when those designed not to predate on food animals do so. Esp weird when they do so in a factory farming process.

I understand you feel bad when an animal gives its life so you can have a certain taste, your desire to eat unnaturally outlasts your feelings for these animals by way of ignoring and pretending these animals aren't strung up by the hooves for sometimes hours before their throats are slit. Ultimately, it is you who must deal with it, I have delt with mine and made choices accordingly.

It only has to be dealt with as long as it take the grill to heat up

From a guy who thinks it's great that HMO CEO's get paid tens of millions while 40 million US citizens go w/o coverage, thinking that the same would think once about a defenseless animal being hung by its hoof for hours until its throat is cut isn't even in the menu.

Why thank you

(even though your post is a misleading pile of crap as usual)

I grew up chopping the heads off chickens. Taking animals to meat lockers that were treated as pets by me.

Get of your high horse, the fall might get you hurt....

Taking animals to meat lockers that were treated as pets by me.

Dahmer would be proud :D

They tasted good

Life on the farm

No, life and nature in gerneral.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Andy's assertion that they are terrorists is correct, although I guess you could call them vigilantees just as easily.

read up on paul watson and the sea shepards. they are eco-terrorists. they've been on a show on animal planet not for 2 seasons called "whale wars". its a great show, and surely this ramming will be the climax of season three. at the end of last season, they rammed a japanese boat. paul watson is an idiot and a danger to the lives of his crew and the lives of the japanese whaling fleet, but like most people of his ilk, human life is far less important to him than animal life.

Commercial whaling has been banned by international treaty for a long time. Japan and Norway are signatories to the treaty, as in, they agree to abide by the terms of the treaty. Due to their lobbying efforts when the treaty has been negotiated, and re-negotiated, and exemption for "research" whaling has been present in the treaty.

You can buy canned whale meat off the shelf in Japan. New cans, recently produced. The meat is popular with older citizens. If the whale take was for research, why does the Japanese government allow the meat to be sold commercially? Any rational person should come to the reasonable conclusion that the "research" whaling is actually commercial whaling, for profit.

There has been no physical challenge to the commercial whaling by the Japanese by any of the signatories to the treaty. Quiet complaints that fall on deaf ears have been the miniscule response. Nothing of any real substance has been done to stop the illegal whale harvest, except by the Sea Sheperd organization. Fouling the decks and trying to disable the whaling ships by fouling the propulsion systems are reasonable tactics to take against criminals.

The Sea Sheperd organization is shining the glare of publicity on this illegal commerce. The signatories to the treaty aren't doing any real enforcement of the treaty. Enforcement of the terms can, and should, be taken up by private organizations. That is what Sea Sheperd is doing.

There is a very simple step that could be taken by the Japanese government. That step would be to ban the sale of whale meat. All whale meat. Their commercial whaling industry would disappear, as it was supposed to happen under the treaty. It is a FACT that they have not done this. That makes makes crystal clear that their whaling activities are a commercial operation that is a flagrant and "in your face" violatition of the treaty.

It is clear that the criminals in this matter are the Japanese. The Sea Sheperd organization are the good guys. The Japanese are the bad guys. The Sea Sheperd people need to keep up the good work of shining the glaring spotlight of publicity on the Japanese government's disdain for international treaties. The Japanese will come around when they are shamed into compliance.

While you are all arguing whether we are meat eaters or not the point is getting missed. The Japanese have been breaking international law since the 1986 moratorium of the International Whaling Comission. Perhaps these "terrorists" will help raise awareness to an issue people otherwise wouldn't be aware of. As for Watson endangering his crew, well, I'm sure they know what they had signed up for...

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

The only meat Homo Sapien could have digested raw would have been fish; CAN YOU REFUTE THAT OR JUST MORE UNSUBSTANTIATED RHETORIC?

I had a rare steak the other night that was really rare. (by definition, a cool red center) And I didn't think about this thread at all. I enjoyed my meal. It didn't prove anything to anyone except me (that I still love a nice cut of meat, and that cow is yummy).

Amen to that..I had a VERYnice thick rib eye last night.

If Lucky wants to graze thru a field...more power to him....go enjoy. I guess that is how he has been looking into the eyes of so many other food animals.:ph34r:

If you want to turn compassion for those w/o a voice into a sexually perverted remark, cool. I did think I could get thru to your compassionate conscience, I've seen you have one.

I know this is a subject you seem to be a FANATIC about.. please do not expect others to follow suit. I will be the first to admit I am a speciesist, and some species are known as FOOD.. deal with it.

At least you admit that you are a speciesist, most pseudo-carnivores don't ackonowldge that. Yes, some species are known as food and some as prey, it's just unnatural when those designed not to predate on food animals do so. Esp weird when they do so in a factory farming process.

I understand you feel bad when an animal gives its life so you can have a certain taste, your desire to eat unnaturally outlasts your feelings for these animals by way of ignoring and pretending these animals aren't strung up by the hooves for sometimes hours before their throats are slit. Ultimately, it is you who must deal with it, I have delt with mine and made choices accordingly.

It only has to be dealt with as long as it take the grill to heat up

From a guy who thinks it's great that HMO CEO's get paid tens of millions while 40 million US citizens go w/o coverage, thinking that the same would think once about a defenseless animal being hung by its hoof for hours until its throat is cut isn't even in the menu.

Why thank you

(even though your post is a misleading pile of crap as usual)

I grew up chopping the heads off chickens. Taking animals to meat lockers that were treated as pets by me.

Get of your high horse, the fall might get you hurt....

Taking animals to meat lockers that were treated as pets by me.

Dahmer would be proud :D

They tasted good

Life on the farm

No, life and nature in gerneral.

Is that alliteration? Otherwise, it makes no sense.

My comments weren't designed to appeal to your conscience.

from what I can tell you don't design your comments to appeal to anything.

Love all the examples..... usual/usual.

like anyone here could change your mind on this topic? It was bait. Thanks for biting. Had hoped it might have been more enthusiastic, but I didn't want to get too aggressive with my baiting. Didn't want you to whine "PA!!".
--
Rob

like anyone here could change your mind on this topic? It was bait. Thanks for biting. Had hoped it might have been more enthusiastic, but I didn't want to get too aggressive with my baiting. Didn't want you to whine "PA!!".

Bait? I'm asking for examples of your lame assertion. I guess there will be none.

I saw the whale wars shows. It was so much crap that they think throwing bottles of stinky chemicals was OK, but when the other crew would throw large nuts at them, that was outrageous.

They would be so much more successful, I think, if they would spend their money on a very visible PR campaign. The Japanese claim they're killing the whales for research, so they aren't restrained by the treaty, which is of course bullshit. Much more effective to have them called out for what they're doing in the press than how they are doing it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>The only meat Homo Sapien could have digested raw would have been
>fish; CAN YOU REFUTE THAT OR JUST MORE UNSUBSTANTIATED
>RHETORIC?

I don't quite get that approach. We can't eat cows; we have to kill them and cook them first. But then we _can_ eat them - even if it's not natural.

I mean, you wear clothing, right? That's not natural, and we weren't designed to have clothes. Why do you do things you're not designed to do?

Bait? I'm asking for examples of your lame assertion. I guess there will be none.

wow... lighten up.
--
Rob

If Homo Sapien was designed to eat meat, it would be fish at most, red meat, pork and foul certainly not.

Humans were not "designed". We evolved. Part of that evolution was enabled by the ingestion of protein in the form of raw meat. Primates, including humans, have been eating raw meat of all kinds for millions of years and still do. You would be surprised by what some of our ancestors as recently as 50-100 years ago consumed on a regular basis and not only lived but thrived. Even today you can go into any convenience store and buy the same type of meat that humans have ingested for millions of years....jerky! It now has flavoring and spices added, but the base product is still just dried meat.
I'd like to see you go back 300,000 generations and tell our ancestors they can't eat meat. They would most likely find you to be very tasty. :D
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

...Those adaptations are not natural but purely artifical considering we have to prepare the meat.

Two words: Steak Tartare:P

...show me structural designs that bode well for meat eating, esp red meat/pork.

http://mypenmypaper.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fork-small.jpg
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

>The only meat Homo Sapien could have digested raw would have been
>fish; CAN YOU REFUTE THAT OR JUST MORE UNSUBSTANTIATED
>RHETORIC?

I don't quite get that approach. We can't eat cows; we have to kill them and cook them first.

I've personally digested raw beef, buffalo, and venison. The cooking is optional provided that the meat is fresh.

For steak tartare you grind up raw beef. Mix in a raw egg. Serve with crostini. Garnish with scallions, red onions, capers, and diced hard-boiled egg.

For carpaccio it gets thinly sliced or hammered flat. Condiments vary depending on where you are and can include mustard, olive oil, and lemon juice. I think just a little olive oil and slices of hard cheese like parmesan or romano work best.

Raw clams and oysters are tasty too. You just need to shuck them.

Raw shrimp has a nice sweet flavor but some people don't like the gummy texture.

Around 1823 Hugh Glass fed on a rotting buffalo carcass after he was attacked by a bear and abandoned by his trapping partners. Probably the toughest son-of-a-bitch that ever lived.
HAMMER:

>I've personally digested raw beef, buffalo, and venison.

I didn't say raw beef; I said a cow. Go up to a cow in a pasture and try to eat it. Bet you can't.

Now, add some tools into the equation (a knife, perhaps a cleaver) and you'd probably be successful. But in our natural state we can't eat cows without assistance that supplements our inadequate hands/mouth/teeth.

this makes me curious as to what point in our evolution we started using sharp rocks and knifes to cut flesh.

it also brings up the question of what evolutionary direction we're heading, towards being fully carnivorous or fully herbavrious.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

[Lame argument - go discuss it with the gnawed animal bones found in archeological digs.

You want to be a vegetarian, that's fine, but Homo Sap. is omnivorous, not herbivorous.

Lame argument? You just make that claim w/oany support, I've supported my claim. Usual/usual.

Homo Sapien was, at most, allowed by design to eat fish, eggs, dairy.

"Allowed by design"? Mother Nature whispering in your ear, or something?

Unsubstantiated rhetoric like your "designed to be a herbivore", you mean? Ever hear of steak tartare?

Sure, here's one - where ya getting your B12 from?

Here's another - form follows function. Herbivores have eyes on the sides of their head, to watch for predators. Predators have eyes in the front of their heads for binocular vision.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>this makes me curious as to what point in our evolution we started
>using sharp rocks and knifes to cut flesh.

Earliest tools we've found (rock knives using sharp rocks like obsidian) were about 2.6 million years ago. We were almost definitely using sticks to dig up roots before that, but sticks don't last and/or are hard to tell from regular sticks.

>it also brings up the question of what evolutionary direction
>we're heading, towards being fully carnivorous or fully herbavrious.

Well, that's the problem. We evolved for a purely vegetarian diet, then started to supplement that with meat once we learned to hunt. However, at that point we also started protecting our weakest members (i.e. society began) and thus evolution slowed way down.

Today we're basically herbivores with some adaptations that allow us to digest meat, and there aren't a lot of forces that will likely change that. All our problems with meat (athersclerosis, obesity etc) don't generally kill you until after childbearing years, so there's no evolutionary drive to change that.

>Here's another - form follows function. Herbivores have eyes on the
>sides of their head, to watch for predators. Predators have eyes in the
>front of their heads for binocular vision.

However, many monkeys (our closest relatives) are herbivores, and they all have their eyes in front.

What is another word for Vegetarian?

Prey.

What do you call a vegetarian with diarhea?

A salad shooter!

SLOW prey, to be exact. ;)

"Vegetarian": Ancient word meaning "poor hunter".
HAMMER:

The way I see it is simple, let me start off by stating that I am not a vegetarian and am actually quite a lover of meat (The taste, not the process of production).

But with that said, I think the process of eating meat or killing animals in general is far behind the evolution of current man. We're living in the past, still attached to selfish primitive actions.

The way I see it, man was originally only a plant eater and then with millions of years they became hunters and brought meat into their diet (let's not forget these humans were barbarians) and now millions of years later, with technology the way it is- there is no reason for the meat to keep our vitamin intake up.

I feel we have evolved past meat and onto dietary supplements. I know many people who are vegans (For those who are unaware: Vegan = No Meat, No Diary) There are no animal products in their diet whatsoever. Now these people are perfectly healthy when they combine the correct supplements.

I would ask a rhetorical question concerning the value of animal life versus the effort of taking vitamins but to be honest I feel that there are probably so many backwards thinking, ignorant and arrogant asses that the result would be something along the lines "It's only an animal, stop being such a hippie" (I hate hippies).

It was mentioned that man incorporated tools into their dietary habits and it's the same for supplements, they are the next tool in the evolutionary process for human diet. True that the time might not be right now, but I think it will happen as it's already becoming fairly common and makes perfect sense.

The way I see it, man was originally only a plant eater and then with millions of years they became hunters and brought meat into their diet (let's not forget these humans were barbarians) and now millions of years later, with technology the way it is- there is no reason for the meat to keep our vitamin intake up.

Actually, you're wrong about that. Our historical diet has included plants, animals, and insects. It's a physiological fact that we need a level of protein that cannot be obtained by a vegetarian diet. It must come from insects and animals. Eating insects went out of vogue for some reason and the steak became epically popular so we're left with factory farming.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher