masterblaster72

Seven shot dead at US army base in Texas

from here

Seven people have been killed and 20 others injured in a shooting at the Fort Hood military base in Texas, the US Army has confirmed.

One person has been arrested and at least one more is reportedly on the loose. The base has been locked down.

If only there were someone armed at the scene of the crime, this would never have happened. And if it happened in Texas, the culprit would have been shot dead before he could get his finger on the trigger...

Oh wait, d'oh.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

from here

Seven people have been killed and 20 others injured in a shooting at the Fort Hood military base in Texas, the US Army has confirmed.

One person has been arrested and at least one more is reportedly on the loose. The base has been locked down.

If only there were someone armed at the scene of the crime, this would never have happened. And if it happened in Texas, the culprit would have been shot dead before he could get his finger on the trigger...

Oh wait, d'oh.

Troops aren't generally under arms in garrison, and regs require personal arms to be stored at the armory.

Back to you for your NEXT idiotic statement.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You need to be banned

Why that?

You propagandize the freedom to carry weapons wherever you like (or so ...) right?

Don't be unfair, OK?

:|

Odd how you only seem to grant this leeway to people posting AGAINST guns.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You need to be banned

Why that?

You propagandize the freedom to carry weapons wherever you like (or so ...) right?

Don't be unfair, OK?

Against?

No, I did not. I do not care who held the weapons. It's *your* job to find out. Give guns to everybody you like but, do not complain if they're used against *yourself*. That's a normal result.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Troops aren't generally under arms in garrison, and regs require personal arms to be stored at the armory.

Waiting for confirmation of terrorist activity or PTSD related retaliation.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You need to be banned

Why that?

Don't be unfair, OK?

Against?

No, I did not. I do not care who held the weapons. It's *your* job to find out. Give guns to everybody you like but, do not complain if they're used against *yourself*. That's a normal result.

You're avoiding the question. Re-read what I said, not what you THINK I meant - there's no hidden meaning there.

Given your long history of telling JohnRich, myself and others what we should/should not post in gun control threads, your posting in this thread is even more hypocritical than usual.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Given your long history of telling JohnRich, myself and others what we should/should not post in gun control threads, your posting in this thread is even more hypocritical than usual.

Jeez, Mike, that history is mutual ....

Use your (free) guns against everybody you like; if it's not against me or my country fellowmen - I couldn't care less.

This time it seems, within your own "rows" there is a rotten apple. One of many running around fully armed killing thier own country fellowmen.

If it's OK for you - it's OK. :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

You need to be banned

Tasteless? Sure.
Crude and offensive at this moment? Absolutely.

Ban-able? Not really.

Legitimate topic at some point? Maybe. It certainly is in line with comments, reactions and even the timing of the flip side of the argument I've seen posted here.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I just watched President Obama address the incident live. Just before, it was resported 12 dead, 31 injured.

Why did the president begin his statement with what looked like a dim smile on his face while he gave a "shout out"?

I would not have thought twice if he thanked the man for being there, without the smile.

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I would not have thought twice if he thanked the man for being there, without the smile.

And the classy comments just keep on rolling in.

Come on guys . . . don't politicize this yet. That's uncalled for.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

So far we've had people use this sad incident to support gun control, to oppose gun control, and to bash Obama.

I have to assume you consider my surprise at hearing a "shout out" in the beginning of his address as bashing Obama.

:S

I give shout outs. I like the president gives them here and there.

It was inappropriate in this scenario and made the president seem irreverent "during a tragedy like this one".
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.