masterblaster72

Seven shot dead at US army base in Texas

from here

Seven people have been killed and 20 others injured in a shooting at the Fort Hood military base in Texas, the US Army has confirmed.

One person has been arrested and at least one more is reportedly on the loose. The base has been locked down.

If only there were someone armed at the scene of the crime, this would never have happened. .

There was, and apparently he killed 12 people.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Many people I have met have shown themselves to be less than desirable as a friend,

Know the feeling bro.

And i know your not like that, i am just saying its the way peoples mind works.

Not everyone but most will act diffrently and have some sort of prethought.
At times i even do. I don;t do any thing about it but my mind will send a fuck up thought to my head. I have to stop my self and say to my self don't be an ass.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Just to make the point.

This is a quote from the other thread.

Prior to retirement, I was required to work with all levels of social strata. I always had that extra sense of danger awareness when in the company of known gangbangers and muslims.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Your post shows you know nothing about the military.

If only there were someone armed at the scene of the crime, this would never have happened.

Troops not deployed or not at a range are not armed. The weapons are kept locked away in a room sized safe at each company. So your comment still holds true, if you notice an ARMED person stopped the attack... It juts took more time and bodies for that armed person to arrive.

And if it happened in Texas, the culprit would have been shot dead before he could get his finger on the trigger..

Even with a CHL, you are not allowed to carry on a military base....

Again, you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Tell me... How many shooting sprees have happened at a gun show or police station?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Tell me... How many shooting sprees have happened at a gun show or police station?

The bigger questions is, if the military doesn't trust its well trained members to carry fire arms, why should we trust university students to carry on campus?

Well, in fairness, while any college campus could be a crime or terrorism target, a military base is a national security target. Moreover, large quantities of sophisticated weapons, communications technology and command and control personnel are not routinely located on college campuses, while they routinely are on military bases; and people could use personally-carried weapons (on military bases) to gain access to and/or attack them.

from here

Seven people have been killed and 20 others injured in a shooting at the Fort Hood military base in Texas, the US Army has confirmed.

One person has been arrested and at least one more is reportedly on the loose. The base has been locked down.

If only there were someone armed at the scene of the crime, this would never have happened. .

There was, and apparently he killed 12 people.

And now 13 [:/]

Well, in fairness, while any college campus could be a crime or terrorism target, a military base is a national security target. Moreover, large quantities of sophisticated weapons, communications technology and command and control personnel are not routinely located on college campuses, while they routinely are on military bases; and people could use personally-carried weapons (on military bases) to gain access to and/or attack them.

Except that the theory provides that if everybody is armed, a shooter would not be able to do too much damage. One would think that if you believed in that theory, having many highly trained armed people around, would make a base even more secure.

Warped, if a gun gets in the way of a soldier's job, how does it not get in the way of any civilian's job?

The bigger questions is, if the military doesn't trust its well trained members to carry fire arms, why should we trust university students to carry on campus?

The difference is that the men and women of the armed forced signed up and agreed to give up many of their most important rights to serve the nation. They agreed to limits on their speech, their right to arms, their right to go where they please when they please, and many others. They do this to serve the rest of us.

However, college kids and all other non-sworn non-military citizens have made no such agreement.

You are looking at things exactly backwards. Do you really trust the government more than you do the everyday citizen?

For the record I am not a fan of victim disarmament zones, a.k.a. "gun free zones." They're only gun free until someone feels like breaking the law.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

They do this to serve the rest of us.

What a nice glorification. The most of "them" do this to have a job, to get paid even w/o having a chance on employment market. They're recruited to the army by professionals ... you know better than me.

:|

Wow. You managed to piss on those serving and ignore the argument all in one. That's something even for you.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

What a nice glorification. The most of "them" do this to have a job, to get paid even w/o having a chance on employment market. They're recruited to the army by professionals ... you know better than me.

When you personally go and serve feel free to lecture the rest of us.

I know for a fact that given that premise you would not.

Wow. You managed to piss on those serving and ignore the argument all in one. That's something even for you.

.. You have to overlook her misguided ideas. She can't separate the US Army from the Kaiser's or the Fuhrer's. Now they just export cool weapons they can't have. The first thing my German friends in Houston bought were guns. One ended up staying because he and his wife liked American freedom.

Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

When you personally go and serve feel free to lecture the rest of us.

I know for a fact that given that premise you would not.

You know a BS. As you seem to know nothing about Europe.

We do not live on an alien planet. We're served with 24hrs/day information. One of that is the methods of recruiting young (and mostly) uneducated boys/men for the army. Don't tell me it's a lie. Most of them are not more than just "canon fodder". Recruited under false promises, they're going to risk limb and life.

BUT: Coming back home horizontally in a fine decorated coffin while the last blues is blown - that's what nobody told them before.

So I just propose to stop the glorification. Those poor little boys do NOT enter the army to safe your sorry a**es from alien attacks. They just don't know what's coming ahead.

That's just bad Hollywood movie.

Message to rickjump1: I'd have problems to think back about the Kaiser or the Fuehrer. Beeing born a considerable time later, I only could refer to what I learned in school. Cannot tell you anything what acutally happend those times. Sorry.

Just use good old Google, the little helper for the helpless. :P

Cheers.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Message to rickjump1: I'd have problems to think back about the Kaiser or the Fuehrer. Beeing born a considerable time later, I only could refer to what I learned in school. Cannot tell you anything what acutally happend those times. Sorry.

Just use good old Google, the little helper for the helpless. :P

Cheers.

"Cannot tell you anything what actually happened those times". Sure, and we don't know anything about Europe.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Yet you understood what it was that you were doing, your reasons in the beginning are not the same ones you realized later on.

Christel has no idea of what she is talking about, she can not.

If I were to try and speak about what it is like to be a German who is always trying to devalue anything an American or British Soldier contributes I would have no idea.

There are things in life you cannot understand unless you have lived it.

Your opinion is one shared by many, however you must admit you always knew you were doing more than what you had intended.

BTW nice PA you used, I know whose ass is sorry and it is not mine.;)

I watched little kids who were taught by older Germans that it was a good idea to throw rocks at US Servicemen.

We would go through a town and our vehicles would suffer damaged windshields and dents.

Another unit had a man hit in the face with a rock thrown by a kid who was 12 years old, when that kid was caught by the Polizei he told them exactly who put him up to it, a 22 year old sibling attending a university.

I was there when a crowd of worthless fuckheads like that decided to have a demonstration that turned quite violent and they also thought we would not defend our post.

That smacks of stupidity.

So the next time YOU have to defend someone elses country let me know.

We were hated for keeping you from being overrun, how nice.

A bunch of worthless ingrates were the problem in that country and they still are a problem.

It was amazing that the older people and those whose parents remembered what the Russians were like were very grateful for us being there.

I guess having lived through something taught them an important lesson.

Hey I joined because I had nowhere else to go.

I realized after wards what it was that I was doing, and unlike what someone who has no fucking clue what they are talking about none of us were cannon fodder.

I guess if someone can only imagine that soldiers have no skills or tactics, then they might believe they are right.