lewmonst

NO on Prop 8 (California)

Play word games if you want. I think they should have the same exact legal standing. It just would not be marriage.

If that is what you call equal but seperate? then yes.

How is that any different than saying blacks that the same schools and bathrooms they are just separate from the whites? Or, saying that blacks can marry blacks and whites can marry whites, see they have the same rights.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

>If that is what you call equal but seperate? then yes.

From Wikipedia:

"Separate but equal is a set phrase that systems of segregation giving different 'colored only' facilities or services with the declaration that the quality of each group's public facilities remain equal."

So now we're back to the "separate but equal" theories that kept blacks in different schools, in the backs of buses, using different bathrooms and using different water fountains than whites. (Hey - if they have to sit in the back of the bus, they have the SAME rights as everyone else! They still get to ride the bus.)

> All of the religioins that I know of do not say marriage between same sex partners.

The Unitarian Universalists, the United Church Of Christ, the Anglican Church of Canada, the Metropolitan Community Church and the United Church of Canada all allow same-sex marriages. The Reform and Reconstructionist movements within Judaism allow same sex marriage; the Conservative faction allows rabbis to choose for themselves whether to marry gays.

As I stated before in this thread, I know there are church's that now "allow" but, in most cases (if not all) they are going against the book they use.

Its like many of the programs we have here in the US. We do them, but they are not allowed if the Constitution were followed
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

> I know there are church's that now "allow" but, in most cases (if not all) they
>are going against the book they use.

The Bible has no prohibition against them.

>Its like many of the programs we have here in the US. We do them, but they are
>not allowed if the Constitution were followed.

Then they are struck down by the US Supreme Court. Simple.

> I know there are church's that now "allow" but, in most cases (if not all) they
>are going against the book they use.

The Bible has no prohibition against them.and no definition for them

>Its like many of the programs we have here in the US. We do them, but they are
>not allowed if the Constitution were followed.

Then they are struck down by the US Supreme Court. Simple.

Ya, like that is happening:S
Abraham Lincoln

I feel for you, you seem having a hard time adapting to this.

It's going to happen, with or without you.

Question is, what side of history will you be on? Will it be on the side that wanted to continue the oppression of homosexuals, or the side that helped affect a righteous civil rights change?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

>If that is what you call equal but seperate? then yes.

From Wikipedia:

"Separate but equal is a set phrase that systems of segregation giving different 'colored only' facilities or services with the declaration that the quality of each group's public facilities remain equal."

So now we're back to the "separate but equal" theories that kept blacks in different schools, in the backs of buses, using different bathrooms and using different water fountains than whites. (Hey - if they have to sit in the back of the bus, they have the SAME rights as everyone else! They still get to ride the bus.)

throw your goffy examples all you like. Dont change nothing. They dont fit.......
Abraham Lincoln

>The Bible has no prohibition against them.and no definition for them

Correct! Which means that no religions are 'going against the book they use.'

>Ya, like that is happening

It happened in Loving vs Virginia.

The Bible HAS a definition. It does not include yours
Abraham Lincoln

I feel for you, you seem having a hard time adapting to this.

It's going to happen, with or without you.

Question is, what side of history will you be on? Will it be on the side that wanted to continue the oppression of homosexuals, or the side that helped affect a righteous civil rights change?

I dont care how you feel. It has nothing to do with adapting as you say.
And you are probably right, it will happen.

And I dont have to feel good about something i think is wrong or an attack on an institution just cause someone feels the need to attack it.

And I am oppressing no one
Abraham Lincoln

>throw your goffy examples all you like. Dont change nothing.

Actually, they DID change something - they allowed blacks to marry who they chose to.

>The Bible HAS a definition.

Billvon: The Bible has no prohibition against them.
RushMC: and no definition for them

You're contradicting yourself again.

If this is how you define the situation,... then sign me up for the oppression side. I will proudly stand and tell my kids/grandkids in the future that it wasn't my fault, I stood for what was right.

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

If this is how you define the situation,... then sign me up for the oppression side. I will proudly stand and tell my kids/grandkids in the future that it wasn't my fault, I stood for what was right.

This is how I define the situation.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

(start of oppression)

Yes there is something wrong with it, we have been telling ourselves for too long that there is nothing wrong with it. Well there is,.... flat out being gay is wrong. There is right and wrong. No grey area here gay falls under wrong. Homosexuals need to feel like they are doing something wrong, cause they are. Drive em back into the closets, and lock em up in institutions when they come out.

I am a greek midget

(start of oppression)

Yes there is something wrong with it, we have been telling ourselves for too long that there is nothing wrong with it. Well there is,.... flat out being gay is wrong. There is right and wrong. No grey area here gay falls under wrong. Homosexuals need to feel like they are doing something wrong, cause they are. Drive em back into the closets, and lock em up in institutions when they come out.

So, homosexuality is a matter of concious and personal choice? There's no biology involved?

(start of oppression)

(pinching your(face)cheeks)..."You're such a good christian boy...." Lol....
I know we can joke about it, Chad....

correct they can choose to be normal or choose to be locked up

Fuck yeah! Just like Hitler did!

Oh crap!! Does Godwins Law apply here?;)

If you are asking me, first I don't have sex with a man anal or otherwise, if the question is in general terms then the difference would be one is a man the other is a woman. pretty obvious really, kinda surprised you couldn't figure it out.

I am a greek midget