lewmonst

NO on Prop 8 (California)

I am suprised and curious as to why you state this? Rape and sexual child abuse are not interactions that include only consenting adults, and thus the two aren't really connected with homosexual sex. The only common link I can see between the 3 would be deviation from the sexual norm. In which case we can lump them with pre-marital sex and pregnancy. Kind of silly, huh?

Silly and common. I've asked many times of people who make statements like that why they don't think allowing a man to marry a woman is a hair's breadth from allowing a man to molest a young girl, but somehow allowing a man to marry a man is a hair's breadth from permitting men to molest young boys. :S
Owned by Remi #?

>we think we can redefine what is good and what is bad, when moral
>absolutes DO exist. Mad Just because you think it's okay, doesn't make
>it okay.

Nope - but because WE think it's OK, it's OK. We used to think it was immoral to allow women and blacks to vote. Now it's OK, and it should be. It used to be illegal to allow blacks to marry whites. Now it's OK, and it should be.

Our history is (fortunately) a long saga of people gradually gaining more and more rights, even if those rights are disgusting to some people.

>. What once used to shock people has become the norm, what once
>was called evil is now called good.Frown It's sad, really.

Do you really think it is sad that blacks are now allowed to marry whites?

The problem is that there aren't really absolute morals, Sarah.

I tend to believe there are. ;)

I am suprised and curious as to why you state this? Rape and sexual child abuse are not interactions that include only consenting adults, and thus the two aren't really connected with homosexual sex. The only common link I can see between the 3 would be deviation from the sexual norm.

The reason why I brought it up was because do you think homosexuality was completely acceptable here 50 years? My point is things become more and more acceptable and I believe we will see an increase in all things evil in the days to come: rape, murder, anger, etc. The Bible speaks of how the love of most people will grow cold. Where there is an absence of love, evil abounds.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

My point is things become more and more acceptable and I believe we will see an increase in all things evil in the days to come: rape, murder, anger, etc.

Evil? EVIL? Yes, rape and murder are evil. WTF does that have to do with homesexuality? I'm not a perfect person by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm inclined to accept that some people view homosexuality as immoral and that's their right....but EVIL? Oh fuck no.

EVIL? I'm so fucking steamed right now and yeah, I know you couldn't care less but WT FUCK. EVIL?

No dear, I'm not evil. I do not do evil things. Sometimes I do stupid things. I love and care. I try to help people because in the end that's good for us all. I do it even though I don't believe I will burn in hell if I don't. I encourage the children in my life to do the same.

I fuck up and I regret it sometimes. I try to make amends. I do that because I think it's right and not because I'm afraid I won't get to spend eternity with jesus if I don't.

EVIL? WTF? Evil. Sigh.
Owned by Remi #?

>I have absolutely no problem with blacks marrying whites.

Then back in the 1960's you'd be described by the "moral majority" the same way you describe others above - someone with no moral values, who thinks we can redefine what is good and what is bad, who thinks rape and incest should be legal, who just lets our world get darker and more evil every day without saying anything about it.

From the courts back then:

"The purity of public morals, the moral and physical development of both races, require that they should be kept distinct and separate . . .that connections and alliances so unnatural that God and nature seem to forbid them, should be prohibited by positive law, and be subject to no evasion."

Sounds familiar.

shouldn't you be in your institution

We have cookies, scotch, and Internet access here. Turns out I love the place.

Edit to add... and the kitchen... it's to die for. You should see the rows and rows of ovens in there. I can't wait for dinner.
Owned by Remi #?

I tend to believe there are.

List off a couple for me. I'm interested to learn. :)

The Bible speaks of how the love of most people will grow cold. Where there is an absence of love, evil abounds.

I am confused as to why you would talk about love, and describe evil's rise in the absence of love. Isn't love the (excuse the pun) the heart of marriage? How could the acceptance and recognition of homosexual marriages not promote love?

Just trying to understand.

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Homosexuals need to feel like they are doing something wrong, cause they are. Drive em back into the closets, and lock em up in institutions when they come out.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... maybe I don't sort my laundry very well and I did forget to pay my cable bill this month, but otherwise I don't feel there's anything "wrong" about my life.

Can I have a cookie before I go to the institute?

Just for clarification, Labrys...
You responded to me, but the homophobic quote above was actually from my friend, Chadkal's post. He and I have very different opinions on the matter.;)
I'm just sayin', ya know... I don't want to go down on the wrong side of history on this thing.B|
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Just for clarification, Labrys...
You responded to me, but the homophobic quote above was actually from my friend, Chadkal's post. He and I have very different opinions on the matter.
I'm just sayin', ya know... I don't want to go down on the wrong side of history on this thing.

Ah, sorry. I meant to reply to chadkal.
Owned by Remi #?

You should see the rows and rows of ovens in there

And here I thought they got rid of all those back in the late 1940's.

Those guys didn't care much for gay people either. Why do I get the impression there are still some of those with that mindset around[:/]

And anyone, yes ALL of you, can sit down at my table, anytime, to eat.

Sorry, I can't agree with that. I have my standards, they may be low, but I have them. There are some people here that are disgusting excuses for human beings. Skydivers or not they are racists and bigots. Hearing what they say turns my stomach. There is no way that I would want to have a beer with them. They would not be welcome in my home. I pretty much wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. People here often say that they disagree but would buy each other a beer if they met. There are plenty of people that I disagree with regarding politics and political views and I enjoy drinking and debating with them. There are others that consider themselves to be moral and good and they are downright evil and horrible human beings.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

If this is how you define the situation,... then sign me up for the oppression side. I will proudly stand and tell my kids/grandkids in the future that it wasn't my fault, I stood for what was right.

And your grandkids will be standing there, slack jawed, dumbfounded and embarrassed, horrified at your bigoted intolerance, and wishing that their friends hadn't really heard you say what you said.

The deal with the folks that are gay is that it is hardwired into their brains. It is a genetic characteristic that happens. No amount of wishing that it is a learned behaviour is going to change that fact.

This issue comes down to fundamental fairness. If two adults want to get married, let them. WTF is the problem? What does society gain by preventing these unions?
Stability, fidelity, and commitment. A normal life... Why should gay folks not have the same things most people want?

If you were serious about "preserving the sanctity of marriage", you would put your efforts towards making it more difficult to get divorced. Maybe a 15% tax on all assets of divorcing couples? That might preserve marriages, and the sanctity thereof. Anyone else have any good ideas on "preserving the sanctity of marriage"?

If you were serious about "preserving the sanctity of marriage", you would put your efforts towards making it more difficult to get divorced. Maybe a 15% tax on all assets of divorcing couples? That might preserve marriages, and the sanctity thereof. Anyone else have any good ideas on "preserving the sanctity of marriage"?

Maybe YOU should look into why divorce is so high today. Then maybe I could serious about your positions.

btw, it is the same mind set (attitudes) that has marriage being attacked and divorce numbers being what they are.

THINK on that one awhile........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

So enlighten us as to why divorce is so high today. Here's an intersting report for you.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

You guys preach all these 'family values', yet this report paints a different picture. The highest divorce rates were found in the Bible Belt, roughly 50% above the national average. How do you explain that? The same people that are screaming on preserving the sanctity of marriage and how gay marriage will destroy that institution so vital to our survival are getting divorced more than any others. :S

So enlighten us as to why divorce is so high today. Here's an intersting report for you.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

You guys preach all these 'family values', yet this report paints a different picture. The highest divorce rates were found in the Bible Belt, roughly 50% above the national average. How do you explain that? The same people that are screaming on preserving the sanctity of marriage and how gay marriage will destroy that institution so vital to our survival are getting divorced more than any others. :S

Who's "you guys" or are you just stereotyping?

Thats not supposed to happen you know. (stereotyping) YOU GUYS preach that all the time to everyone everywhere every chance you get
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln