lewmonst

NO on Prop 8 (California)

>Maybe YOU should look into why divorce is so high today.

Well, one thing we could do about it is allow same sex marriages. Divorce rates in states that allow it are consistently lower than in red states. Maybe tolerance works.

From Bruce Wilson:

=================
Among those US states that have no laws on the books specifically prohibiting same sex marriage or civil unions — WY, NM, NY, MA, RI, CT, NJ, MD, VT — the average divorce rate drop ( unadjusted for population changes ) was -8.74%. No states in this group had divorce rate increases in 2004 and 2005.

Among those US states that are most opposed to same sex marriage which have also provided divorce data for the time period —AK, AR, KS, KY, MI, MS, MO, NE, NV, ND, OH, OK, OR, UT, TX — the average divorce rate ( unadjusted for population changes ) for 2004 and the first 11 months of 2005 increased 1.75%. This group contains 4 of the 5 states with the highest divorce rate increases in the US during 2004 and the first 11 months of 2005.
=================

my WAG on divorce rate is that in the bible belt states (and for that matter, California if you go 50 miles east), people still tend to marry very early - right out of high school or college. On the west coast and other urban areas, people are marrying much much later.

So even if these 30some year olds have evil morality issues, they have a much better idea what they want out of a relationship than the kids who got drunk, fucked, and got pregnant, and then married to appease their god.

I didn't say you were evil so calm down. I just don't believe homosexuality is the way God intended for things to be. Just as I am sure there are things you would think are wrong that other people don't, doesn't mean you wouldn't care about them.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Just as I am sure there are things you would think are wrong that other people don't, doesn't mean you wouldn't care about them.

Thing is.... you go flinging words around like "evil" and "gods will" as though you were instructing others. You aren't tolerant and understanding. You're condescending.

I concede your right to your life and beliefs. You concede my "right" to be "wrong"
Owned by Remi #?

Like I have repeatedly stated, over and over again:

I will drink a beer with anyone, anytime, anywhere.

You are all great. Every one of you.

Be tolerant, understanding, and love each other. That's what it's all about.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.

NIV... I CORINTHIANS 13: 4-13"
"Get these balls!"

You are all great. Every one of you.

Meh. Years ago a guy in this forum offered to come to AerOhio and kick my ass because I accused him of being a homophobe. I told him to bring it and I wasn't suggesting he bring a cup for beer.

Most people here are awesome in my opinion. Some will never be my friend. All of the above are entitled to their lives and loves and beliefs.

No one deserves hatred because of their convictions but no.... some people will never be friends and will not share bread and board as such.
Owned by Remi #?

I just don't believe homosexuality is the way God intended for things to be.

Show me god, and I'll show you Disneyland. Of course "god" has a higher dollar amount in ticket sales, but at least most of us have actually seen a 7 foot mouse.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

No one deserves hatred because of their convictions

Just spoke to a friend of mine in California who is admittedly a conservative and voted yes on Prop 8. What's interesting is that he went to church, and protesters were standing outside the church throwing eggs at the cars. They squirted some blood-colored goo on his wife, and while everyone was in church, they broke a few windshields in the parking lot. He said it wasn't reported on the news there.

I support gay marriage. But there's no excuse for assaulting people because you think they may have voted against you. In fact, anyone engaging in violence over this issue is just setting back how long it will take to eventually be overturned.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going! I stepped out as soon as chadkal proved himself to be a hypocrite in this very thread.

Sitting on his high horse about no sex outside of marriage, yet he was fucking before he got married - twice!

Not much else to say really. :S

No one deserves hatred because of their convictions

Just spoke to a friend of mine in California who is admittedly a conservative and voted yes on Prop 8. What's interesting is that he went to church, and protesters were standing outside the church throwing eggs at the cars. They squirted some blood-colored goo on his wife, and while everyone was in church, they broke a few windshields in the parking lot. He said it wasn't reported on the news there.

I support gay marriage. But there's no excuse for assaulting people because you think they may have voted against you. In fact, anyone engaging in violence over this issue is just setting back how long it will take to eventually be overturned.

My car was egged four times for my "No on Prop 8: Equality for All" sign in my rear windshield. I had a bumper sticker, but it was ripped off my car twice, so I gave up and put the sign inside my car instead. Around here, I saw a lot more problems coming from the pro-prop 8 side, ripping down anti-signs and such, but that may be because I was more attuned to it, since some of it was directed at me, and also because this is Orange County and there were a lot more pro than anti folks here.

I am not a hypocrite, you have made assumptions about me because I said I did not want to discuss my private life.

LOL. You preach to everyone here that gay is wrong and sex outside of marriage is wrong - yet you refuse to answer a simple question about whether you were a virgin before you got married. Your argument doesn't hold much water if you don't practice what you preach.

I have done no more preaching than you,...I have only voiced my opinion. Once again, there are some things that I will not discuss, I believe that it is between a man and his wife. But because I won't discuss it you make assumptions about me.

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

So even if these 30some year olds have evil morality issues, they have a much better idea what they want out of a relationship than the kids who got drunk, fucked, and got pregnant, and then married to appease their god try to do the right thing by the child.

Fixed that for you.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

My car was egged four times for my "No on Prop 8: Equality for All" sign in my rear windshield. I had a bumper sticker, but it was ripped off my car twice, so I gave up and put the sign inside my car instead. Around here, I saw a lot more problems coming from the pro-prop 8 side, ripping down anti-signs and such, but that may be because I was more attuned to it, since some of it was directed at me, and also because this is Orange County and there were a lot more pro than anti folks here.

not surprising you saw more conflict from the group you were in conflict with :S - in fact I bet you got hardly any flak from the side that you were supporting :S (and I don't know if a 'no' vote is a pro or anti gay position - I won't go read the proposal) -

I'm sure there's sufficient representation of the violent/angry jerks on the topic from both sides

left wing issues, right wing issues,.....

there are just a whole lot more people of that bent (prone to violence and unwilling to acknowledge any opposing viewpoint) across the spectrum and that's what really scary about society lately - just on these forums you can see it coming from all directions - it's most of the posts

I'm right and those that disagree with me are horrible and dispicable and completely evil and should be exterminated - on what topic? any topic at all of course, the more subjective the better

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Yes there is something wrong with it, we have been telling ourselves for too
>long that there is nothing wrong with it. Well there is,.... flat out being gay is wrong.
>There is right and wrong. No grey area here gay falls under wrong.

That is exactly the attitude people took against interracial marriage. Fortunately, we didn't put up with that sort of racism.

And this is exactly what's wrong with our world today; we think we can redefine what is good and what is bad, when moral absolutes DO exist. >:( Just because you think it's okay, doesn't make it okay.

Our world grows darker and more evil everyday, but of course nobody notices it. If you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water, he will quickly jump out. However, if you put the frog in and slowly heat up the water, you can cook him to death before he even notices any change. That is what is happening to our world unfortunately. What once used to shock people has become the norm, what once was called evil is now called good.:( It's sad, really.

]

I do not see how people can say that the world over-all is becoming more evil than it was in the past.

Unless they see the past through rose-colored glasses.

The fact is that in earlier times there were a great many evils being openly committed that would not be tolerated today.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I have done no more preaching than you,...I have only voiced my opinion. Once again, there are some things that I will not discuss, I believe that it is between a man and his wife. But because I won't discuss it you make assumptions about me.

If you don't want people assuming things about you, you might want to try giving some information - like, answering a simple yes or no question. You're making excuses about answering it because (I believe) you weren't a virgin, which goes against things you've said in this thread. At this point even answering 'yes' to the question wouldn't matter. You've avoided it so much I wouldn't believe you. Not that it really matters though. I just think it's funny when people tell other people they are wrong for doing something, when they've done the same thing.

I hope you don't plan on arguing that divorce is wrong too.

I do not see how people can say that the world over-all is becoming more evil than it was in the past.

Matthew 24: 12 "Because of the increase in wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved."

I merely believe what Jesus said in His word. Don't you?

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...