freeflybella

Any chance Palin will hold her own during the debate?

Hahahahaha!

So think tank members in your opinion should be excluded from positions in government?

:S

I really do believe you are intentionally missing the point. Perhaps it is your devotion to your beliefs that don't allow you to see what is possibly the truth to what has gone on for the last 10 or so years.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

God forbid our leaders actually have AND listen to advisors...Vinny what are you thinking?
Don't you realize it's ALWAYS the leader that takes the fall for the advice given and actions taken by a GROUP of advisors from various areas of government?
:D:D:D
Good luck trying to get people in here to actually understand this...apparently they won't see that.
:S

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7643879.stm

from the article:
------------------
If anyone knows the challenge that lies ahead for Senator Joe Biden, it is Andrew Halcro, 44, who took part in a handful of debates with Mrs Palin during Alaska's 2006 gubernatorial race.

"The one thing I found during the [2006] debates was no matter how knowledgeable her opponents were on the issues, it didn't matter," Mr Halcro told BBC News.

"She has an amazing ability to turn a 45 second answer into a folksy story... she's never been forced to know the issues."

---------------
My comments:

It sounds like this is another example of BSing the populace rather than intelligence & capability. (oh wait, that's how most politics is, isn't it?)

I think Biden has a tough challenge ahead here.

Being intelligent & experienced & capable is not worth as much as being a folksy, charming dumbass.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I'll put it this way - only if Palin merely gets her ass kicked, she will come out as the perceived winner. Rocky was a beloved screen character after the first Rocky. He lost the fight!!! But he went the distance.

Agree with the latter, not the former.

If she "merely gets her ass kicked", we'll say she lost. And then everyone will vote for McCain/Palin.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'm not a republican but I support her because she has integrity. Her ignorance on policy is disappointing but that can be fixed unlike dishonesty and self-service.

Admirable is Thailand who constantly oust their political leaders through protest once they find out they're corrupt.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

I kinda wish Palin would just come out and say that "yes, I realize that my foreign policy experience is very limited, but I'm studying like a banshee and will be working advisors regularly and taking every trip I can."

However people can throw around experience this and experience that. Palin obviously has less experience than Biden, I don't think anybody is arguing that. However, what good does the most experienced person in the world do, if their policies are crap and destructive to our society. (not saying Biden's are all crap either)
Republicans are supporting Palin because she has shown she can lead and can reform for the good. I'm curious how many governors out there have an 80% approval rating. Yes, experience is important but its not everything if someone can prove that they can change things for the better. I'd rather have someone who's less experienced and will fight corruption in the system because he/she hasn't become corrupted yet, than someone who's been in politics since before she was born, but has enough dirt on em to make anyone blush. Dig all you want, but she's got less dirt on her by far than anyone else in the running.

Also to add, any president or vice-president can have all the foreign policy experience in the world, but they are not going to be making these decisions without more input from advisors than they'll probably want.

Edited again to add... What Palin may lack in experience to Obama or Biden in foreign policy, she also makes up in executive experience which neither have. No matter what, if you've made your mind up that you're voting for Obama, you're naturally going to hate the thought of Palin in office. Those that have made their mind up to vote for McCain, dread the thought of Obama/Biden's ideas change if they take power.

Your entire post is just an evidence of incapacity. Just in case McCain will not survive his first weeks in Oval Office:

The World Power No. 1 will be ruled by a political apprentice?

The World Power No. 1 will be represented by an infant wild boar?

After "electing" an old idiot twice, now you guys choose something else: Another old one, admittedly a hero, and a beginner. That's really all???

Basically, it's a joke what The World Power No. 1 actually has to offer as a future president / VP.

(IknowIknow, it's not the president making decisions but, ...)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I kinda wish Palin would just come out and say that "yes, I realize that my foreign policy experience is very limited, but I'm studying like a banshee and will be working advisors regularly and taking every trip I can."

However people can throw around experience this and experience that. Palin obviously has less experience than Biden, I don't think anybody is arguing that. However, what good does the most experienced person in the world do, if their policies are crap and destructive to our society. (not saying Biden's are all crap either)
Republicans are supporting Palin because she has shown she can lead and can reform for the good. I'm curious how many governors out there have an 80% approval rating. Yes, experience is important but its not everything if someone can prove that they can change things for the better. I'd rather have someone who's less experienced and will fight corruption in the system because he/she hasn't become corrupted yet, than someone who's been in politics since before she was born, but has enough dirt on em to make anyone blush. Dig all you want, but she's got less dirt on her by far than anyone else in the running.

Also to add, any president or vice-president can have all the foreign policy experience in the world, but they are not going to be making these decisions without more input from advisors than they'll probably want.

Edited again to add... What Palin may lack in experience to Obama or Biden in foreign policy, she also makes up in executive experience which neither have. No matter what, if you've made your mind up that you're voting for Obama, you're naturally going to hate the thought of Palin in office. Those that have made their mind up to vote for McCain, dread the thought of Obama/Biden's ideas change if they take power.

Your entire post is just an evidence of incapacity. Just in case McCain will not survive his first weeks in Oval Office:

After "electing" an old idiot twice, now you guys choose something else: Another old one, admittedly a hero, and a beginner. That's really all???

Basically, it's a joke what The World Power No. 1 actually has to offer as a future president / VP.

I am sure glad you are from germany. Makes it easy to not care what you think about our elections:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I am sure glad you are from germany. Makes it easy to not care what you think about our elections:)

Perhaps, do you not know: You and the US are not living on your own planet. Decisions made in your country have affects on us and the small rest of the world. We're not the only one watching you.

BTW: I'd love one day to see more than just a few Americans beeing interested in foreign policies, as it is absolutely normal for other countries. Seems to be an educational thing. [:/] (As well as Germany ..)

Hey, last but not least: This is a SD forum, open for you and me :P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Perhaps, do you not know: You and the US are not living on your own planet. Decisions made in your country have affects on us and the small rest of the world. We're not the only one watching you.

BTW: I'd love one day to see more than just a few Americans beeing interested in foreign policies, as it is absolutely normal for other countries. Seems to be an educational thing. [:/] (As well as Germany ..)

Sorry, can't see Germany from Alaska. You don't count.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes, it is open for you and that is good. Also, it is becoming increasingly clear the rest of the world cares more about our money than us.
However, I dont have to care what you think about our canidates.

Do I?
Abraham Lincoln

Hey I have a great idea, why don't you just send Obama some money?

Also you could consider voting for him.;)

Your idea is not great. Why should I?

Just grub in your own nest and find the best one. There is none.

If by there is none as for canidates, then you and I agree on something.

But I do like Palin:)
Abraham Lincoln

Oh man, now you've got me. You like her. That explains all.

She's is an eyecatcher, no doubt. No contradiction.

But, dear, what will that help in terms of international policy? Your wonderful country already is sitting in knee-deep sh*t, it needs a show of strength to get back into the saddle, to become the old world power again.

Look, I know women with glasses are sexy. Mine are black framed. I love them - I look good with them.

But that does not make me a chancellor of Germany. Dr. Merkel is better.

;):ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Oh man, now you've got me. You like her. That explains all.

She's is an eyecatcher, no doubt. No contradiction.

But, dear, what will that help in terms of international policy? Your wonderful country already is sitting in knee-deep sh*t, it needs a show of strength to get back into the saddle, to become the old world power again.

Look, I know women with glasses are sexy. Mine are black framed. I love them - I look good with them.

But that does not make me a chancellor of Germany. Dr. Merkel is better.

;):ph34r:

The ONLY thing it explains is where you like to get your info and news from.

Please, expand your gathering. She is not as evil as the left wants us all to believe[:/]

Unles you are totally against anything conservative
Abraham Lincoln

Ok, I can understand if you don't like Palin based on the fact she has no foreign policy experience. I also lived in Germany for a while and I've seen how different CNN based in England portrays things compared to CNN here, so I know they are probably ripping her apart over there, as they are here too.

Ok, George Bush, an idiot, I'll agree with ya there.

In all seriousness and respect, why do you think McCain is an idiot and Obama is somehow the savior of our country. Trust me there's plenty here that agree with you too, but I'm more curious as to what McCain's done or stands for that sours your country towards him. I understand Obama has visited your country and he's a very charismatic and likeable person, and I know that most of Europe views him as a rockstar. This is going to be one plus side to Obama getting elected is the restoration of our allies. However leaving Iraq out of it altogether, those of us that will vote for McCain see Obama's policies as destructive to the country and are also bothered by some signs of corruption. McCain is a hero in this country and has served this country since Obama was in diapers. Sure he's got his questionable history like everyone that's been in Washington that long as well. If you don't like him that's fine, but the word idiot seems a bit naive.

Now if the Iraq situation is why you hate him then ok, but he's no more to blame than all the other prominent democratic senators that voted yes right along with him including Clinton. Obama wasn't even in Washington, when the decision to overthrow Saddam was made, so he can say he opposed it all he wants, but there's no telling how he would've voted at the time. Just like all the democrats like Kerry and Clinton that say it was such a mistake, but yet they voted yes too.

In short I'm curious as to how much you know about the two candidates and how your country is portraying them in the media, and if that's where you're gathering your opinions. McCain and Bush have never been friends either and have fought on many of the issues you hate him for.

Do you guys even have a news channel over there that shows the other side of the story. I don't remember one from when I was there, but that explains a lot if all you ever here is bad bad McCain/Palin and glorious Obama.

Obama called the Iraq war what it was back then. A huge mistake.
McCain has the same exact ideals and advisors GWB has. Palin doesn't have a clue about anything not Alaska.
It amazes me why conservatives love the Republican party so much.