freeflybella

Any chance Palin will hold her own during the debate?

The only thing good about Palin and the debate will be watching Tina Fey's interpretation of it the next Saturday Night Live.

It's Biden's to lose. All he has to do is not lose his cool and let her look as intelligent as she really is.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The only thing good about Palin and the debate will be watching Tina Fey's interpretation of it the next Saturday Night Live.

It's Biden's to lose. All he has to do is not lose his cool and let her look as intelligent as she really is.

I take it you like your VP gaff machine.

Palin will do fine but, I will agree, it is Bidens to screw up
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I think she will do OK, actually. You know she's got the best trainers money can buy going over every possible question, and there's a Biden stand-in that has been going over Biden's positions, mannerisms and questions for years. She will come across as a little weak on the details, but as chummy and down-to-earth.

I take it you like your VP gaff machine.

Palin will do fine but, I will agree, it is Bidens to screw up

I don't particularly "like" Biden, but if there's somebody I want a heartbeat away from the Oval, I'd much rather have Biden than Palin any day.
quade -

I don't particularly "like" Biden, but if there's somebody I want a heartbeat aneurysm away from the Oval, I'd much rather have Biden than Palin any day.

there you go...;)

To be honest, either one has a pretty good chance of dying in office; McCain via old age and Obama via assassination.
quade -

Seriously, do you think an assassination is actually possible these days?
That disturbs me on so many levels, whether I like Obama or not.[:/]

Absolutely.

Understand it is nearly impossible to stop a determined person that doesn't mind dying himself in the process.

Fortunately for the President, the Secret Service does the nearly impossible every day, but there's still always going to be a possibility.
quade -

Seriously, do you think an assassination is actually possible these days?
That disturbs me on so many levels...[:/]

Me too. Unbelievably. Like no hope for the future-how can we go on pretending to be civilized-the world might as well come to an end-disturbed.

But if Bush has survived, I can't see how Obama wouldn't.

On topic, I know they're getting "trained" for the debate - do the moderators 'try' to phrase questions in ways that are unexpected? Will Gwen Ifill? Or is there concern that "the media" (moderators) might appear biased?

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

I think she'll probably do OK.

Sarah Palin brought something more effective than facts and figures to an agriculture debate in the Alaska governor's race. She packed an engaging disposition.

One of her opponents, Andrew Halcro, had memorized the complexities of the subject beforehand. He was super prepared. He might as well have stared out the window during the proceedings, for all it mattered.

"She did such a great job with just the glittering generalities and filling the room with her presence that people didn't care what she said about agriculture," Halcro says now. "Palin's a master at spending 45 seconds telling you what color the sky is," he adds, "and people will say, 'That's the greatest thing I ever heard.'"

(From this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080929/ap_on_el_pr/the_veep_debaters_1, which is also about Biden and some of his goofs.)

Ain't that the truth!:P

This thread is proof that she will for the same ereason Dubya held his own in his debates with Gore. Dubya kept fairly even with Gore, which meant that he wiped the floor with the expectations people had of him.

I'll put it this way - only if Palin merely gets her ass kicked, she will come out as the perceived winner. Rocky was a beloved screen character after the first Rocky. He lost the fight!!! But he went the distance.

And pointing out how smart and experienced Biden is and how much of a dolt Palin is means that anything short of perfectiojn and genius from Biden will spell problems for him and Obama. Then they'll have to say, "she was very well prepared by her 'handlers.'". To which it becomes, "she learned more in a couple of weeks than Biden did in 35 years."

The McCain camp is playing it smart. Their take? "Just watch."

Perhaps the left will learn someday to respect the other side. Play up Palin. "She has obviously gpt brains and allure and she presents a tremendous challenge for Biden.". Play up expectations of her that she can't meet no matter how well she is prepared. Versus playing up her lousy ability. (Name me one fucking guy who successfully debated a woman and didn't pay for it in thw long run)

And let her implode. No. They predict implosion, which is highly probable not to happen. And now they all look wrong about her. Thus they can't be trusted about other things.

By the way - is this the way an Obama presidency will handle a Foreign leader? "You are Pakistan's new leader? What do you have? A week on the job? Ha! I'll own you, idiot."

If so it seems a dangerous tactic.

P.s. McCain has done it, too, but has at least toned down the bs rhetoric somewhat.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

They've been setting her up to underperform and be the underdog since day one. Even today you had a McCain rep asking for the debate moderator to take it easy on her. It's a political rope a dope and like you said, it worked for Bush.

It will also be the first time she will have talked live without a teleprompter in front of her, so the audience will be paying attention to her.

No, she has to be the village idiot to walk away from this debate as the outright loser.

This thread is proof that she will for the same ereason Dubya held his own in his debates with Gore. Dubya kept fairly even with Gore, which meant that he wiped the floor with the expectations people had of him.

I'll put it this way - only if Palin merely gets her ass kicked, she will come out as the perceived winner. Rocky was a beloved screen character after the first Rocky. He lost the fight!!! But he went the distance.

And pointing out how smart and experienced Biden is and how much of a dolt Palin is means that anything short of perfectiojn and genius from Biden will spell problems for him and Obama. Then they'll have to say, "she was very well prepared by her 'handlers.'". To which it becomes, "she learned more in a couple of weeks than Biden did in 35 years."

The McCain camp is playing it smart. Their take? "Just watch."

Perhaps the left will learn someday to respect the other side. Play up Palin. "She has obviously gpt brains and allure and she presents a tremendous challenge for Biden.". Play up expectations of her that she can't meet no matter how well she is prepared. Versus playing up her lousy ability. (Name me one fucking guy who successfully debated a woman and didn't pay for it in thw long run)

And let her implode. No. They predict implosion, which is highly probable not to happen. And now they all look wrong about her. Thus they can't be trusted about other things.

By the way - is this the way an Obama presidency will handle a Foreign leader? "You are Pakistan's new leader? What do you have? A week on the job? Ha! I'll own you, idiot."

If so it seems a dangerous tactic.

P.s. McCain has done it, too, but has at least toned down the bs rhetoric somewhat.

What? I thought Sarah Palin was being interviewed? You mean those were Obama supporters impersonating her?

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

They've been setting her up to underperform and be the underdog since day one. Even today you had a McCain rep asking for the debate moderator to take it easy on her. It's a political rope a dope and like you said, it worked for Bush.

It will also be the first time she will have talked live without a teleprompter in front of her, so the audience will be paying attention to her.

No, she has to be the village idiot to walk away from this debate as the outright loser.

Fans from both parties know she's not a lawyer (no insult intended) nor a professional politician. All this sweetheart has to do is pretend its high school career day as a politician and remember her lines.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Fans from both parties know she's not a lawyer ... nor a professional politician...

That is the MAIN reason I like her.:)
So many newcomers get corrupted by the system. Hope we have a winner here.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Fans from both parties know she's not a lawyer (no insult intended) nor a professional politician. .

WHAT? The GOP has been promoting her extensive experience as a city mayor and governor of the largest state in the USA. Were they lying (again).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.