freeflybella

Any chance Palin will hold her own during the debate?

Anyone that thinks Sarah Palin could run this nation is out of their mind.

She was paraded out for the family values, female vote.

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/postglobal/fareed_zakaria/2008/09/palin_is_ready_please.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

The republican ticket is a joke.

The vice presidential Republician candidate has more experience than the "neighborhood organizer" who is running for president and she was not groomed by a corrupt political machine. I think you should say what a joke both tickets are (excepting Sarah of course). God help us.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

She is currently being groomed by the corrupt political machine in AZ.

She has no grasp of anything not Alaskan.

Even the media conservatives realize she is a pathetic, pandering choice for VP.

But once again Obama is proven right..."people get disheartened and vote their religion and guns"

But here is the really scary thing. Her lack of foreign policy knowledge is terrifying because...McCain's foreign policy advisors are the same idiots that brought us the Iraq war. google Robert Kagan.
If McCain goes down the "advisors" will have us in Iran in minutes because the hockey mom doesn't have a clue.

God has been helping us for a long time, now it's time for some real intervention...

They've had her muzzled for weeks now, and the few times they do let her open her mouth, she demonstrates an absolutely mind-numbing ignorance of the issues and an even worse contempt for the average American's intelligence. She'll get many of the same people Bush got, who vote more for a smirk, wink, and "elitist" insult than an expectation of success, but I still have a couple remaining shreds of confidence that enough of my countrymen will see through the shroud and find nothing more than a beauty queen underneath. Biden's got his work cut out for him walking this tightrope, but I think he'll do OK. I'd still rather it be Colin Powell going up against her.

Here's another take on her

NEW YORK (CNN) -- In a column appearing in Newsweek, world affairs expert and author Fareed Zakaria said he thinks it would be best for Republican presidential hopeful John McCain, if Gov. Sarah Palin bowed out as his vice presidential running mate.

Zakaria says McCain did not put the country first in making his V.P. choice, and he says Palin is not qualified to lead the United States.

CNN spoke to him about his commentary titled, "Palin is ready? Please."

CNN: What did you initially think when Sarah Palin was announced as the Republican vice presidential nominee?

Zakaria: I was a bit surprised -- as I think most people were. But I was willing to give her a chance. And I thought her speech at the convention was clever and funny. But once she began answering questions about economics and foreign policy, it became clear that she has simply never thought about these subjects before and is dangerously ignorant and unprepared for the job of vice president, let alone president. Watch Zakaria slam Sarah Palin »

CNN: You don't think she is qualified?

Zakaria: No. Gov. Palin has been given a set of talking points by campaign advisers, simple ideological mantras that she repeats and repeats as long as she can. But if forced off those rehearsed lines, what she has to say is often, quite frankly -- nonsense. Just listen to her response to Katie Couric's question about the bailout. It's gibberish -- an emptying out of catchphrases about economics that have nothing to do with the question or the topic. It's scary to think that this person could be running the country.

Here is their exchange:

Katie Couric: Why isn't it better, Gov. Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

Gov. Sarah Palin: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

CNN: But Dan Quayle wasn't very qualified and that didn't seem to matter, did it?

Zakaria: This is way beyond Dan Quayle. Quayle was a lightweight who was prone to scramble his words, or say things that sounded weird, but you almost always knew what he meant. One of his most famous miscues was to the United Negro College Fund when he said, "What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all." Now he was trying to play off a famous ad that the group used to run, "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste." And he screwed it up in a funny way. But read Gov. Palin's answers and it does appear that she doesn't have any understanding about the topic under discussion.

CNN: But she has a lot of supporters.

Zakaria: Look, I'm not saying that she is not a feisty, charismatic politician who has done some good things in Alaska. It is just we are talking about a person who should be ready to lead the United States at a moment's notice. She has never spent a day thinking about any important national or international issue, and this is a hell of a time to start.

CNN: Does it make you concerned about Sen. McCain as a president?

Zakaria: Yes, and I say this with sadness because I greatly admire John McCain, a man of intelligence, honor and enormous personal and political courage. However, for him to choose Sara Palin to be his running mate is fundamentally irresponsible. He did not put the country first with this decision. Whether it is appropriate or not, considering Sen. McCain's age most people expected to have a vice presidential candidate who would be ready to step in at a moment's notice. The actuarial odds of that happening are significant, something like a one-in-five chance.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The vice presidential Republician candidate has more experience than the "neighborhood organizer" who is running for president

I disagree. She merely has "different" experience that the "neighborhood organizer" and "career senator" on the other side.

and she was not groomed by a corrupt political machine.

Actually, she was put in by a corrupt political machine before she was groomed. Then she turned the bastards in.

Good on her.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Odd...I recall a bipartisan vote regarding Iraq and Afghanistan...or were you referring to something else? Or because Senator Kerry voted for the war before he voted against it...or was it vice versa...did that absolve the left of any responsibility? Ahhhh...I see...don't want to look at those facts...only the ones that you WANT to see.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

You don't think she is qualified?

Yep. There's the question again. And the response about it being how she hasn't been groomed.

I'm gonna be elitist here, and suggest that people should cut the shit with the "qualified" moniker. Obama is qualified. Palin is qualified. They are ALL qualified.

Now, let us turn to substance. He apparently thinks she doesn't understand what is going on . Okay. Say it. "I don't think she understands xxx because when asked about it, her response was extremely vague. Either she doesn't understand, or lacks the ability to clearly enunciate her thoughts, and I think that neither is a good thing."

The American people, the congress and our allies were DUPED into a war based on lies.
Bush was just a puppet for the Cheney, Rumsfeld, Perle, Jackson, Kagan, Kristol et al bunch.

I was against the Iraq war from day one. I was all for getting the Taliban, Bin Laden and others.

I only hope someone has the balls to take all of the scum to task for the murder of innocent human beings when their term is over.

I see all of the facts. That's why I'm voting to put the Democrats back in power. We have suffered through 8 years of ineptness and the fleecing of our great nation. I'm sick of the arrogance and trouncing of our Constitution.

John Kerry would have been a very good president. Maybe you can put some blame on Bill Clinton in this thread too.

The next administration will be the most important in our lifetime. They will have to get a ton of GWB dog poo off of our shoes.

I guess I must have missed that part about presidential qualifications.

So Ted Nugent would be a better choice? He's toured the world lots of times.

Or what about Angelina Jolie? Actually, she DOES have more foreign policy experience than Palin and is WAY more MILFy to boot! Clearly knows how to hold a (prop) gun.

Ah crap . . . she's only 33 . . . too young.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ahhh...I see...the man who purportedly can't tie his shoes without help duped the oh so brilliant minds of all the Democrats in Congress, the Republicans in Congress, and many other organizations and people as part of a master scheme, eh?

Hmmm...and the Democratic congressmen who voted for the war are absolved of not reading all of the available intelligence whilst the Republican ones are not, I suppose? And just because they didn't read the intelligence doesn't mean they weren't doing their jobs, in your opinion, right?

I see...oh do I see...

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Vinnie . . . just curious . . . do you know what the PNAC is? Do you know the people involved?

How do you explain that what they wanted BEFORE GWB was elected came to pass, because I believe that's the exact point grimmie is trying to make.
quade -

THe New American Century folks? I've heard of them but not read much of what they wrote. Bunch of conservative fellows who did a brainstorming session about what they think should happen in the 21st century, right? Wolfowitz was among them I believe.

Shoot me a link or something. I'm going to bed.

Cheers,

:)

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

THe New American Century folks? I've heard of them but not read much of what they wrote. Bunch of conservative fellows who did a brainstorming session about what they think should happen in the 21st century, right? Wolfowitz was among them I believe.

Shoot me a link or something. I'm going to bed.

Cheers,

:)

Read this as a backgrounder;
PNAC on Wikipedia

Read this to see their original stated goals and to see who they themselves claim as their founders;
PNAC "Statement of Principles" 1997 from their web site

Read this to see what they wanted to do before President Bush even took office;
Letter to President Clinton on Iraq, January 26, 1998

Here is the letter they wrote to President Bush NINE DAYS after 9/11.
Letter to President Bush on the War on Terrorism, September 20, 2001

After all of that, how is it even conceivable to not believe that certain parts of our recent history have not been manipulated for the benefit of the founders? Is this tin-foil-hat material? Not really. I don't think any reasonable person thinks these people CAUSED 9/11, but I am completely convinced just by reading their own documents which they freely continue to keep in the open that they certainly did take advantage of the situation once it occurred.
quade -

>I think you should say what a joke both tickets are (excepting Sarah of course.)

The funny thing is - I think you're serious!

Why of course I'm serious. Democrats elected a peanut farmer/governor. Why not a hunter-gather/governor from Alaska?

She is currently being groomed by the corrupt political machine in AZ.

< She will be briefed not unlike other VP candiates.

She has no grasp of anything not Alaskan.

< You mean something like Chicago politics?

Even the media conservatives realize she is a pathetic, pandering choice for VP.

< Not everyone liked Bush's choice.

But once again Obama is proven right..."people get disheartened and vote their religion and guns"

< Yes, a lot of us do when a presidential candiate has the potential of taking away both.

But here is the really scary thing. Her lack of foreign policy knowledge is terrifying because...McCain's foreign policy advisors are the same idiots that brought us the Iraq war. google Robert Kagan.
If McCain goes down the "advisors" will have us in Iran in minutes because the hockey mom doesn't have a clue.

God has been helping us for a long time, now it's time for some real intervention.. .

I guess I must have missed that part about presidential qualifications.

So Ted Nugent would be a better choice? He's toured the world lots of times.

Or what about Angelina Jolie? Actually, she DOES have more foreign policy experience than Palin and is WAY more MILFy to boot! Clearly knows how to hold a (prop) gun.

Ah crap . . . she's only 33 . . . too young.

Gee, Paul. Here you hit on an example of "unqualified.". Exactly what I mean.

So what? Let me get this straight. A member of a think tank becomes a Secretary in the Bush White House, things go the way the think tank recommended, and you're surprised? Dear Jesus.

I don't buy that conspiracy bullshit.

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

So what? Let me get this straight. A member of a think tank becomes a Secretary in the Bush White House, things go the way the think tank recommended, and you're surprised? Dear Jesus.

I don't buy that conspiracy bullshit.

You might wanna check the list of who's-who there a couple of times. It's WAY more than just "A member."
quade -

So more than ONE member of a think tank takes posts in an Administration and the administration follows the path laid out by the same said think tank and you're surprised??

Dear God!

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

So more than ONE member of a think tank takes posts in an Administration and the administration follows the path laid out by the same said think tank and you're surprised??

Dear God!

Well, for starters, if ever there was a war crimes trial, which actually is a possibility, more than one member makes it an actual conspiracy and more than simply a conspiracy theory.
quade -

I kinda wish Palin would just come out and say that "yes, I realize that my foreign policy experience is very limited, but I'm studying like a banshee and will be working advisors regularly and taking every trip I can."

However people can throw around experience this and experience that. Palin obviously has less experience than Biden, I don't think anybody is arguing that. However, what good does the most experienced person in the world do, if their policies are crap and destructive to our society. (not saying Biden's are all crap either)
Republicans are supporting Palin because she has shown she can lead and can reform for the good. I'm curious how many governors out there have an 80% approval rating. Yes, experience is important but its not everything if someone can prove that they can change things for the better. I'd rather have someone who's less experienced and will fight corruption in the system because he/she hasn't become corrupted yet, than someone who's been in politics since before she was born, but has enough dirt on em to make anyone blush. Dig all you want, but she's got less dirt on her by far than anyone else in the running.

Also to add, any president or vice-president can have all the foreign policy experience in the world, but they are not going to be making these decisions without more input from advisors than they'll probably want.

Edited again to add... What Palin may lack in experience to Obama or Biden in foreign policy, she also makes up in executive experience which neither have. No matter what, if you've made your mind up that you're voting for Obama, you're naturally going to hate the thought of Palin in office. Those that have made their mind up to vote for McCain, dread the thought of Obama/Biden's ideas change if they take power.