DFWAJG

I'm thinking of packing a piece.

IT's a good point, but you're talking about some pretty advanced stuff, there.

Agreed. After talking to a guy who knew alot about this type of stuff, it persuaded me from ever wanting to carry.

IMO - if you haven't stopped the threat by the time they're within arm's reach, you're already in pretty big trouble.

Absolutely. Don't let them get close.
We are all engines of karma

there has been several people posting about caliber and 13+ 1 or 15+1 remember that their atterny is going to paint the picture that you were a loose cannon running around with thousands of rounds and a menance to socity.

If you call your local PD, you can usually find out what their officers are issued (just explain why you want to know, so they don't think you're a nut). If you purchase that exact weapon, it's going to be very difficult for an attorney to argue excessive force. Same (and more) if you purchase any weapon with less capacity and/or less muzzle energy.

In my town, the cops mostly carry Glock 22's (15 rounds of .40 S&W). I'd doubt anyone here would consider it excessive force to carry one, or anything with less than 15 rounds of anything "smaller" than .40. That leaves open most of the weapons on the market. Then again, in my town, open carry is legal and the other day I saw a guy carry a .357 magnum revolver into a bank. Around here, if you shoot someone in self defense, you're most likely to get a handshake and a thank you from the cops.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Has anyone ever been burned by an empty casing? I had a crappy S & W brand .40 FMJ come out of the breach and land on my right forarm standing straight up. I sent another round down range until I noticed the burning feeling and shrugged it off. Got a kind a cool mark from it.

And to the guy who had the glock spitting rounds in your face. you get that with a lot of guns every great once in a while its usually the cheap range rounds because the casings are made thinner and want to expand after fired and stick in the chamber longer so they tend to exit rearward.

Has anyone ever been burned by an empty casing?

I shoot rifles in prone position matches. You can always tell the new guys because they're wearing shorts. It's fun to watch them lay down next to an AR shooter on their left, and then see what happens when the hot cases spit out of the AR right onto his bare legs.

At subsequent matches, they're seen wearing long pants.

And whatever you do, don't wear loose-fitting shorts in the sitting position. A hot case can pop into the leg opening and slide downhill all the way to your balls.

And whatever you do, don't wear loose-fitting shorts in the sitting position. A hot case can pop into the leg opening and slide downhill all the way to your balls.

That's not the only reason....:D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Has anyone ever been burned by an empty casing?

I shoot rifles in prone position matches. You can always tell the new guys because they're wearing shorts. It's fun to watch them lay down next to an AR shooter on their left, and then see what happens when the hot cases spit out of the AR right onto his bare legs.

At subsequent matches, they're seen wearing long pants.

Do you realize that you have thrown off the natural order of things?

Now, if I ever go to such a match, forewarned by you, I won't make the mistake of wearing shorts. I won't look like a newbie even though I am a newbie. Isn't that some sort of abomination? Aren't newbies supposed to be identifiable as such, instead of stealthily looking like ...oldbies?
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

So, last year, I had a former patient stalking me on here. When I realized who the mystery dz.commer was, I unfortunately had already given out information about where I worked and lived, I began to carry mace. I've since moved, and let my guard down a little. And because of a recent post, I realized, that person is back. Same writing style, same gramatical errors, same threatening law suits and liable and perjury, etc. How far is this person willing to go? Should I give up the mace and pack a piece just in case? It's amazing that I can walk into a level 4 prison to work and never feel threatened, but always have to keep a watchful eye out when I leave the prison for a stalker. Interestingly, I can generally feel this person's presence, so my gut can give me the head's up if the stalker comes near. But, you never know.

Buy one of these>http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx Then buy a big cooler. Fill it w/ lots of good bourbon and beer and sit back and wait.;)Edit to add: Find the high ground preferably ,say, 1000 yrds. or so.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

So, last year, I had a former patient stalking me on here. When I realized who the mystery dz.commer was, I unfortunately had already given out information about where I worked and lived, I began to carry mace. I've since moved, and let my guard down a little. And because of a recent post, I realized, that person is back. Same writing style, same gramatical errors, same threatening law suits and liable and perjury, etc. How far is this person willing to go? Should I give up the mace and pack a piece just in case? It's amazing that I can walk into a level 4 prison to work and never feel threatened, but always have to keep a watchful eye out when I leave the prison for a stalker. Interestingly, I can generally feel this person's presence, so my gut can give me the head's up if the stalker comes near. But, you never know.

Buy one of these>http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx Then buy a big cooler. Fill it w/ lots of good bourbon and beer and sit back and wait.;)Edit to add: Find the high ground preferably ,say, 1000 yrds. or so.

Barrett's are only accurate if your target is as large as a truck;)

Try an M-96 Windrunner by EDM Arms http://www.edmarms.com/products/m96.htm

Do you realize that you have thrown off the natural order of things? Now, if I ever go to such a match, forewarned by you, I won't make the mistake of wearing shorts. I won't look like a newbie even though I am a newbie. Isn't that some sort of abomination? Aren't newbies supposed to be identifiable as such, instead of stealthily looking like ...oldbies?

Ha! Well, you can tell a newbie in skydiving, even if they have that brand new fancy gear, just from the way they behave. And shooting is no different. Even if you wear the long pants, we can still tell, just from the way they behave. Nothing wrong with that, it's just interesting how little cues like that can reveal so much about someone.

obviously a gun is a different type of effective.

i can reload my taser weapon quickly, i have modified my holster to hold more canisters and will automatically reload if i snap it in unloaded...

for the sake of thinking about laws an all.. the taser is point and shoot and if you know what your doing then your good..

you can legally conceal a taser gun in 40+ states..

and by the time john rich is done determining whether he can use his handgun to spank me, i could and would have put 1 round on 30 seconds into his ass, then i would take his gun while he is shaking uncontrollably, empty the ammo (im gonna guess john rich is packing a 357)

oh he stopped shaking, he thinks he's super texan again..
pop...5-30 seconds more, or i can do it as PTT, push to taser..

its ok...obama told me why you cling to your guns... (JK)

but taser rounds are the future of personal security.. give it 10 years or less, the glock will have taser ammo i bet..

sure if i lived with bulls around me i would have a gun too.. wouldn't want one of them THERE BUGGERS after me..

sorry but im talking about a diff kind of threat then lonestar rich overhere.. he's prepared for war with the mexican drug cartels and im ready to protect my asshole in the middle of the night from some wankface wuffo who expects an easy take down.

like i said while your waiting for the oppurtunity to use your gun on someone legally, i'm just kinda pointing and shooting and playing target practice with potential threats, patiently waiting to pull out a HI-capa 3.5 and paint the walls with the attackers brains

obviously a gun is a different type of effective.

i can reload my taser weapon quickly, i have modified my holster to hold more canisters and will automatically reload if i snap it in unloaded...

for the sake of thinking about laws an all.. the taser is point and shoot and if you know what your doing then your good..

you can legally conceal a taser gun in 40+ states..

and by the time john rich is done determining whether he can use his handgun to spank me, i could and would have put 1 round on 30 seconds into his ass, then i would take his gun while he is shaking uncontrollably, empty the ammo (im gonna guess john rich is packing a 357)

oh he stopped shaking, he thinks he's super texan again..
pop...5-30 seconds more, or i can do it as PTT, push to taser..

its ok...obama told me why you cling to your guns... (JK)

but taser rounds are the future of personal security.. give it 10 years or less, the glock will have taser ammo i bet..

There's that whole pesky 30 foot range thing, not to mention the problem of heavy coats ... and a pistol is equally point and shoot.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

get close to your enemy, let him know how much you appreciate him. then really shock him with your moves!

they already have a prototype cartridge for the m249 saw for crowd control.

it depends if your looking for a reason to remove the threat by killing it, or remove the threat my intimidating it.

if you think im trying to jusitfy saying that a taser gun is a more effective weapon then a pistol, i am not.. i would take a five seven any day over the x26.

im saying for the potential risk/void felt for this guy, and the limitations of our laws for carry and concealment.. well thats why i have an x26c.. i dont have to tell anyone i have it, i conceal it all i want, its 100% legal to conceal and keep..

so if you read what i was saying wrong.. sorry..

i don't have enough exp with handguns, but i know i don't need to blast hollow point's at someone for a misdemeanor..but rather teach them a lesson..

i personally see it as a shoot now, think later weapon.. i would be much quicker to respond to a threat then someone with a gun (depending on the threat obviously) just cause of the sheer fact of equal force laws..

al;though im quite soft and majority of my time is spent in the corner of a dark room shooting virtual haji's and jumping off of virtual bridges day after day,

im saying for the potential risk/void felt for this guy, and the limitations of our laws for carry and concealment.. well thats why i have an x26c.. i dont have to tell anyone i have it, i conceal it all i want, its 100% legal to conceal and keep..

Depends on where you are - just like handguns, some places they're illegal for civilians. Taser is less-lethal, but not non-lethal.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

get close to your enemy, let him know how much you appreciate him. then really shock him with your moves!

they already have a prototype cartridge for the m249 saw for crowd control.

it depends if your looking for a reason to remove the threat by killing it, or remove the threat my intimidating it.

if you think im trying to jusitfy saying that a taser gun is a more effective weapon then a pistol, i am not.. i would take a five seven any day over the x26.

so if you read what i was saying wrong.. sorry..

i don't have enough exp with handguns, but i know i don't need to blast hollow point's at someone for a misdemeanor..but rather teach them a lesson..

i personally see it as a shoot now, think later weapon.. i would be much quicker to respond to a threat then someone with a gun (depending on the threat obviously) just cause of the sheer fact of equal force laws..

al;though im quite soft and majority of my time is spent in the corner of a dark room shooting virtual haji's and jumping off of virtual bridges day after day,

You are one scary motherfucker. Just don't point anything at me.;)

The best gun for you is going to be a revolver. You don't have to worry about trying to remember if one is in the chamber or not when it comes time to use it. You don't need something huge but you don't want to go to small. a .45 acp would be way to large on the flip side a 9mm wont always bring someone down with the first shot. A .38 spl (9x31mmR) would probobly be a great fit for someone with limited gun experience and a stalking problem.

If you had more experience I would say go for a .45acp with a hollow point in the 200gr area.

If you are not experienced with guns DO NOT buy something like a glock or a 1911. These guns have more moving parts and more things to potentially have to think about in a frightening situation.

If it were me I would go for a USP Tactical .45acp with the nastiest round I could find.

Oh and the guy who made the comment about the barrett, forget it the 50 tends to destabilize after 800 yards when it goes subsonic. You want a cheytac .408, Its a beast and holds the world record for shot groupings at distance. It put 3 rounds in 16-5/8in at 2321 yards.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

The best gun for you is going to be a revolver. You don't have to worry about trying to remember if one is in the chamber or not when it comes time to use it. You don't need something huge but you don't want to go to small. a .45 acp would be way to large on the flip side a 9mm wont always bring someone down with the first shot. A .38 spl (9x31mmR) would probobly be a great fit for someone with limited gun experience and a stalking problem.

If you had more experience I would say go for a .45acp with a hollow point in the 200gr area.

If you are not experienced with guns DO NOT buy something like a glock or a 1911. These guns have more moving parts and more things to potentially have to think about in a frightening situation.

If it were me I would go for a USP Tactical .45acp with the nastiest round I could find.

Oh and the guy who made the comment about the barrett, forget it the 50 tends to destabilize after 800 yards when it goes subsonic. You want a cheytac .408, Its a beast and holds the world record for shot groupings at distance. It put 3 rounds in 16-5/8in at 2321 yards.

>416 not the .50. I'm studying which rifle to buy right now. Thanks for the info.;)

i'm just kinda pointing and shooting and playing target practice with potential threats, patiently waiting to pull out a HI-capa 3.5 and paint the walls with the attackers brains...

i know i don't need to blast hollow point's at someone for a misdemeanor..but rather teach them a lesson...

i personally see it as a shoot now, think later weapon...

majority of my time is spent in the corner of a dark room shooting virtual haji's...

And some people think that "gun nuts" are crazy...

With your attitude, I'm glad that you don't have a gun.

You think that you'd be entitled, legally, to use a taser on someone just to "teach them a lesson"? In a scenario where using a gun would not have been permissible?

I hope that when you are arrested and thrown in jail for tasering someone without just cause, you'll be allowed to post to DZ.com and alert us to the development. It is almost sure to occur; I just want to be alerted when it does.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

The difference is when you are done there will be 2 sides of the story. When i am done there will only be 1 side, guess who is write!????;)B|:D

That's reassuring...lol. :S

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

These guns have more moving parts and more things to potentially have to think about in a frightening situation.

I disagree. I challenge you to find many revolvers with LESS moving parts than a Glock. Also, Glocks do not have safety levers. Once your chambered (which is how I carry) all you have to do is draw, aim and sqeeze.
Muff #5048