quade

Obama at Berlin

I dont care and, we dont.

If you would look to sources for news other than where you must oviously get them, your attitude toward the US would be somewhat more tempered.

As to your attitude? I blame the US media and the dems

and exactly this attitude keeps a lot of us away from the greatest country on earth

as for my temper: i tried to be as calm as possible - you are the one shouting and argueing all the time.

note to self: never try to engage in a discussion with a [place p.a. here] inhabitant of s.c. ever again. it's useless
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

so, to sum up rushmc's posts:

1) There is no significant anti-Americanism around the world.

and
2) There is anti-Americanism, but
a) I don't care

and b) it's all the fault of the Democrats & American liberal media.

Does that about sum it all up?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I dont care and, we dont.

If you would look to sources for news other than where you must oviously get them, your attitude toward the US would be somewhat more tempered.

and exactly this attitude keeps a lot of us away from the greatest country on earth

as for my temper: i tried to be as calm as possible - you are the one shouting and argueing all the time.

note to self: never try to engage in a discussion with a [place p.a. here] inhabitant of s.c. ever again. it's useless

I do not shout but I am passionate about positions as I am sure you are. I do not think I can change your perspective but, I will not be so arogant as to think, I am so smart and my position so solid,I cant believe you dont understand what I am saying, change your mind and agree with me.

I suppose it would not be usless to you if every disscusion with a [what ever p.a. you were thinging of here] just agreed with you!

Hell yes, that would work:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

and
a) I don't care

Ask billvon, he knows what I really mean.
Abraham Lincoln

Ask billvon, he knows what I really mean.

hey billvon, what does rushmc really mean?

:D
Abraham Lincoln

I'm not billvon, but I think I can sum it up.

rushmc is essentially saying that;
1) He's right (both figuratively and literally).
2) You're wrong, and . . .
3) He doesn't care what you think about it.

Additionally, while he offers no proof whatsoever of his opinion, he's more than happy to ignore or discount completely out of hand any you may have to offer.

Lastly, it doesn't matter what the topic is; just remember the main three points and that is what rushmc "thinks".
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

i see...
if the following

is true i have to deduct for myself

1) i am wrong and left (does this make me a commie?)
2) he is right, and..
3) i do care what he's thinking about it :S

i guess i have a headache :P

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

If you would look to sources for news other than where must oviously get them, your attitude toward the US would be somewhat more tempered.

If you would travel to someplace OTHER than the heart of JesusLand... AND.... listen to other news sources than FAUX News and NewsMax....MAYBE your attitude MIGHT be different. I do travel internationally and I see the UGLY American syndrome as being alive and well and AVOID those who display it like the plague they are on the face of our planet. I keep in touch with people from other countries that I have met there. Our standing in the world has deteriorated immensely since 2002. America had the co-operation of MOST of the world.. now we do not.

As to your attitude? I blame Lush Rimjob and your skewed reality of the world... for the worlds attitude toward the US...gee who has been in power since Jan 2001.... YOU guys need to take some responsibility for ALL of that.

i see...
if the following

is true i have to deduct for myself

1) i am wrong and left (does this make me a commie?)
2) he is right, and..
3) i do care what he's thinking about it :S

i guess i have a headache :P

Your statements 1 and 2 would be correct relative to rushmc's opinion.
Your statement #3 does not logically follow, but does in practice. For instance you could also not care what he thinks, but I do believe you've demonstrated otherwise.

Your additional conclusion makes no sense whatsoever. I see no need to "guess" on your part whether or not you have a headache. In fact, I believe that without fairly sophisticated instrumentation ONLY you would really be able to determine that, but no "guess" would ever be involved. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

and
a) I don't care

Looks good to me:)
We learned in another thread just yesterday that illegal hiring practices in the Ashcroft/Gonzales Justice Dept. were also due to liberals.:D

It won't be long before someone tells us that liberals were behind the Iraq invasion, along with the record federal deficits of the Reagan/Bush years.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Who hates the US and what do you base that on?

I based that conclusion on the huge protests every time Bush stepped foot in a different country (I have a pic of a brazillion Brazilians protesting if you'd like it) and then did some internet searches on world public opinion.

That's not very conclusive proof - there are protests in the US wherever Bush goes, and people camped in front of his ranch for months. His approval rating is what - 35%?

If 100,000 members of the Brazilian equilivent to Move On protest, does that speak of the feelings of Brazil, or the feelings of antiwar inclined people of Brazil? Because SF had the same 100k people protesting.

Additionally, while he offers no proof whatsoever of his opinion, he's more than happy to ignore or discount completely out of hand any you may have to offer.

Rather like a bunch of other posters when talking about the US, no?

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's not very conclusive proof - there are protests in the US wherever Bush goes, and people camped in front of his ranch for months. His approval rating is what - 35%?

If 100,000 members of the Brazilian equilivent to Move On protest, does that speak of the feelings of Brazil, or the feelings of antiwar inclined people of Brazil? Because SF had the same 100k people protesting.

There are massive protests wherever he goes indeed. (Well there were, not so much any more. Lame duckedness has its advantages) And that was really my point. I only picked out the Brazilian protest because I could allude to the Bush "Brazillion" joke;)

President Bush is meeting with his advisors concerning the war and its effect on our allies. One advisor picks up a sheet of paper and grimly reads, "Three Brazilian soldiers were killed outside Bagdad this morning.

Bush cries out, "Oh, no!" and buries his head in his arms, all to the shock of those present. They had no idea he cared so deeply for the Brazilian presence.

Suddenly Bush raises his head, and in a sheepish voice asks, "Wait. How many is a brazillion?"

I just heard an interesting statistic on the radio:

9 out of 10 Obama campaign adds as 'positive' and focus on platform issues.

1 out of 3 McCain ads are 'Obama bashers'.

Personally I find this interesting, and sad, considering BOTH candidates made a pledge to keep this as clean a race as possible.

Is McCain just scared?

Ian
ps: Can anyone coroberate the stats presented on the radio?
Performance Designs Factory Team

I didn't find anything on comparison of ads, but I did find some stuff on comparison of media coverage:

Clicky

Clicky

Clicky

Wrapup: Dems in general and Obama in particular get more (and more positive) coverage in the news.

Edit: I did find a mention of McCain saying Obama should've visited the troops in Germany when he was there - don't know if that was an interview or an ad, though.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Personally I find this interesting, and sad, considering BOTH candidates made a pledge to keep this as clean a race as possible.

Is McCain just scared?

Ian

I too would be interested in where this comes from.

Thanks for asking.
Abraham Lincoln

Is McCain just scared?

Ian

I too would be interested in where this comes from.

Thanks for asking.

"The Advertising Project at the University of Wisconsin" according to NPR.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93083563

I didn't find anything on comparison of ads, but I did find some stuff on comparison of media coverage:

Skimmed through the first one - point seems to be that when Obama goes to Iraq and Berlin he gets more attention than McCain does when he goes to a grocery store and a sausage restaurant.

Is this supposed to be some sort of surprise? Surely what Obama's been doing in the last week or so is really just more interesting? (and not just from a european's point of view)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?