quade

Obama at Berlin

As for Obama vs. McCain - I forgot that it's common practice for all three of the network anchors to follow the candidates abroad on their trips. How could I have forgotten the sight of Kouric, Williams and Gibson, kevlar in hand, slavishly following McCain around the Middle East and Europe earlier this year and singing hosannas in his name? Maybe because it never happened?

Or maybe it's because the only thing McCain inspires people to do is to go shop for mortuary plans, Unless something drastic occurs, such as Obama being arrested for being a serial killer or pedophile on the eve of the election, McCain has a snowball's chance in hell of being elected.

They don't refute that Obama drawing a crowd in Berlin is more newsworthy than McCain stumping at a grocery store, and neither do I. They are saying (and I agree) that Obama is being reported on as the heir presumptive (so to speak).

See above about snowball's chance in Hell.

You can't run a successful campaign without news coverage, and boy, is he getting it (and in an overwhelmingly good light, as well).

Please, point out all his screw-ups.

Dude - you have Jon Stewart saying "Of course, after a quick meet-and-greet with King Abdullah, Obama was off to Israel, where he made a quick stop at the manger in Bethlehem where he was born". That *should* be a clue, right there.

Yeah, because Jon Stewart never exaggerates anything. :S
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Too bad there's not any - unbiased media, that is.

That would be the expected perception from an extreme right winger like yourself, who actually claims to be centrist. :S

Please, DO annotate all those EXTREME right views I espouse....please.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No. Compare the two trips to the Middle East to each other, not to what the other candidate was doing at the time.

Dude, no objective comparison can be made without considering the context of what else was in the news at the time. It was those other stories with which the coverage competed for air time, not the coverage of the other candidates trip.

unless you can show me where the main anchors of the big 3 agencies accompanied McCain on his trip

When McCain went abroad the news channels still had an incredibly close fought primary campaign to report on at home, when Obama went abroad they had... what?

As pointed out, the news was the Democratic primary race. Would the Democrats field the first female major party candidate, or would the Democrats field the first black major party candidate?

That would be when Chris Matthews was getting the 'tingle up his leg' and the news anchors were referring to Obama as a 'superstar', yes? Thanks for proving my point.

Did you hear the speech? It sounded awfully, well, Presidential. America hasn't seen that for a long time.

That would be the expected perception from an extreme right winger like yourself, who actually claims to be centrist. :S

Just do a search for your posts and make it easy.

Par for the course - "I can't provide any proof other than my opinion, so I'll just say something snide about the poster"
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Par for the course - "I can't provide any proof other than my opinion, so I'll just say something snide about the poster"

I didn't say anything snide about you. I said to search for your posts. That's not snide, that implies that most of your posts are closer to the extreme right than the center.

I'm sure that since I don't spend all my time bashing the current administration...that *obviously* { :S } I'm a "far right conservative" to some on here.

But let's see some of my positions, shall we?

Smaller government? libertarian
Personal responsibility vs. nanny state? libertarian
Less taxes? libertarian
Private charity vs. government sponsored welfare? libertarian
lifestyle diversity? libertarian
free market / business? libertarian

Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's more of a lifetime achievement award.

Do you really see yourself as anywhere NEAR the middle ...really? seriously?!?!?!? WOW!
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I'm sure that since I don't spend all my time bashing the current administration...that *obviously* { :S } I'm a "far right conservative" to some on here.

But you do like to bash Clinton, so that would demonstrate an obvious conservative bias.

But let's see some of my positions, shall we?

Less taxes? libertarian

Psst … Mike! Libertarians aren't centrist!

Do you really see yourself as anywhere NEAR the middle ...really? seriously?!?!?!? WOW!

So prove it.

I've never tried to pawn myself off as a centrist - as I've said over and over, my views most closely match the libertarians. Of course, seeing some of the hardcore leftists on this sight that consider themselves centrist, I'm not surprised that you're confused.

Of the two "main" parties, the libertarian views mesh better with the Republicans than with the Democrats.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Funny, that, coming from you. :D

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So prove it.

I've never tried to pawn myself off as a centrist - as I've said over and over, my views most closely match the libertarians. Of course, seeing some of the hardcore leftists on this sight that consider themselves centrist, I'm not surprised that you're confused.

Of the two "main" parties, the libertarian views mesh better with the Republicans than with the Democrats.

"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion!
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
And ev'n devotion!"

Whatever gets you through the night, man.
-----------------------

How's that mirror work with only a left profile, jen? Doesn't that make it a bit difficult to do the makeup? :P

I'm supposing that whatever perceptual adaptation you employ to view yourself somewhere near the middle of political thought, allows you to view yourself as ...witty and amusng?

Handy device, that.
-----------------------

:o I said to search for your posts. That's not snide, that implies that most of your posts are closer to the extreme right than the center.

:o:o I have to say in mike's defense, I strongly disagree. I've read many of his posts and exhanged many comments & views with him. IMHO, that's just not true, and this is coming from someone, who is somewhere around 90 ° of 180° left of center. :|:)
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

Your statements 1 and 2 would be correct relative to rushmc's opinion.
Your statement #3 does not logically follow, but does in practice. For instance you could also not care what he thinks, but I do believe you've demonstrated otherwise.
Your additional conclusion makes no sense whatsoever. I see no need to "guess" on your part whether or not you have a headache. In fact, I believe that without fairly sophisticated instrumentation ONLY you would really be able to determine that, but no "guess" would ever be involved. ;)

B| ouch. :ph34r::D:D:D:D:D
ROFLMFAO!!!!!! Are you taking
'Smack/Keep-Down®™' lessons from
skymama
or
does she take lessons from
You ?

This is far more entertaing than ANYTHING I've seen at the IMAX lately! :D:DB|B|
Now if I only had some overpriced stale popcorn & a big paper cup of flat Sprite™ :ph34r:

It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

I only picked out the Brazilian protest because I could allude to the Bush "Brazillion" joke;)
President Bush is meeting with his advisors concerning the war and its effect on our allies. One advisor picks up a sheet of paper and grimly reads, "Three Brazilian soldiers were killed outside Bagdad this morning.
Bush cries out, "Oh, no!" and buries his head in his arms, all to the shock of those present. They had no idea he cared so deeply for the Brazilian presence.
Suddenly Bush raises his head, and in a sheepish voice asks, "Wait. How many is a brazillion?"

:o Oh, Shit!
Bwaaahaahaahaaahaaaa! :D:D:D:D:D
Ya know NBC late night, could really use some new joke writers, desperately! B|B|

No. Compare the two trips to the Middle East to each other, not to what the other candidate was doing at the time.

Dude, the two trips did not occur in hermetically sealed conditions with no connection to the outside world. Ignoring what else was going on in the outside world as each candidate made his trip and then bitching about which got more coverage is moronic.

That would be when Chris Matthews was getting the 'tingle up his leg' and the news anchors were referring to Obama as a 'superstar', yes? Thanks for proving my point.

That's not even connected to what I just said:S

so I guess that reporting on the Democratic candidate's campaigns WAS much more important than reporting on the Republican candidate's campaign.

Obama in the middle east and Europe, meeting various world leaders, playing to Pope sized crowds. McCain meets a retired cyclist and goes shopping. Hmmm, which one to cover....
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Less taxes? libertarian

VOTE? rePUBICan in any local, state, national election.

Less taxes? libertarian

VOTE? rePUBICan in any local, state, national election.

Seeing as how all the above is contrary to DemoCRAP platforms, what other choice is there?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Seeing as how all the above is contrary to DemoCRAP platforms, what other choice is there?

You are joking right????

http://www.politics1.com/parties.htm

Seems to me you forgot there are other alternatives.. ESPECIALLY since you CLAIM to hold "libertarian" views:S:S:S:S

Yeah, and you CLAIM to hold 'moderate' views - what's your point?

I've already said that I didn't vote for GW in 00 or 04. I've already said that I won't vote for a Dem due to their party planks. So, why don't you tell me who I voted for, Jeanne?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've already said that I didn't vote for GW in 00 or 04. I've already said that I won't vote for a Dem due to their party planks. So, why don't you tell me who I voted for, Jeanne?

Gee is your conscience bothering you Mike??

All this supposed distancing????

Did you actually READ the Libertarian platforms???