quade

Obama at Berlin

Ok, I just watched it live.

A few points;

1) Genius speech writing. Seriously. Forget all the left right babble you're about to hear from supporters and detractors in the next few posts, but holy crap whoever is writing the speeches needs to be given some serious props for being able to tie all that stuff together. The gist was; we were at war with germany, we bombed the crap out of them, we rebuilt the city when it was being blocked off by the Soviets, now we can do that again in Iraq.

2) First time in past 6 or so years I've seen an American get that kind of positive response. I swear that if Obama wanted to he could probably run for President of the EU. I'm not saying he'd win, but at least he wouldn't be burned in effigy.

When was the last time YOU saw foreigners waving American flags rather than burning them?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

When was the last time YOU saw foreigners waving American flags rather than burning them?

The week following 9/11/2001.

They are thinking 100,000 showed up for him....and cheered him.

Hopefully this stuff doesn't go to Obama's head.

Hmm... I'm certain they did when Clinton visited Copenhagen.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

I watched a speech that was similar in its context, and was much shorter given over there some time back. It was recieved much the same as this one should be.

I believe it was given by Natalie Maines
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

So he didn't declare to the world that he is a domut like JFK did:D

Hey!>:(
JFK was our jelly donut, and we were proud of him, (as opposed to the rotten vegetable we have now).[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'll see your wikipaedia and raise you an Eddy Izzard....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mu02xUgE4k

Actually I hadm't heard this story until it was told to me by a German ex girlfiend who lives in Berlin.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'll see your wikipaedia and raise you an Eddy Izzard....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mu02xUgE4k

Actually I hadm't heard this story until it was told to me by a German ex girlfiend who lives in Berlin.

Well , it's good to hear you divested yourself of a moron girlfriend. At least ya got that goin' for ya.
quade -

Maybe for the same reason(s) you veiw Obama as a qualified canidate for Pres??
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I found Obama's speech bordering on patronising and long winded. That said he did deliver it well, one might almost think that he wrote it himself.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

video directly from MSNBC.

Brilliantly written and delivered.

The interview that follows in the next video is worth watching as well. Here's a man who thinks logically and thoroughly, without going overboard in either sound or bite.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yep an excellant speech and superbly delivered. He really does have leadership qualities this country hasn't seen since Reagan.

Reciting a well rehersed speech equals good leadership qualities? Hmm, not sure about that. Am I the only one that doesn't know what it is to experience an Obamagasm? I'm feeling left out.

Yep an excellant speech and superbly delivered. He really does have leadership qualities this country hasn't seen since Reagan.

Reciting a well rehersed speech equals good leadership qualities? Hmm, not sure about that. Am I the only one that doesn't know what it is to experience an Obamagasm? I'm feeling left out.

Worked great with Reagan.

I imagine he does minor tinkering of the speeches, but he doesn't have the time to be writing them. Must have a writer that he works extremely well with. I don't think it's enough just to be able to read well - the writer should be on a similar wavelength to write it in a way that you can deliver best.

Worked great with Reagan.

I imagine he does minor tinkering of the speeches, but he doesn't have the time to be writing them. Must have a writer that he works extremely well with. I don't think it's enough just to be able to read well - the writer should be on a similar wavelength to write it in a way that you can deliver best.

Well written speech and well delivered. Now if we only know what's really going on in his head. Politician = liar. Never did see a telepromptor or he's really good.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Never did see a telepromptor or he's really good.

There are two TelePrompTers, one to the left and one to the right, both about 45 degrees off center. They are pieces of clear plexiglass that reflect an image of a screen near the bases. The plexiglass is held up by a thin, black adjustable stand (like a microphone stand) and depending on the angle, the entire thing just kind of blends into the background image of the crowd. However, normally the camera placement is such that they try to minimize them as much as possible.

The attached shot shows what I'm talking about.

Even though the speeches are well rehearsed, it would be virtually impossible to expect anyone to memorize something like that; especially with the numerous changes that usually take place at the last minute. Working well with a TelePrompTer doesn't qualify a person as a great leader, but using one poorly or ignoring them altogether and going "off script" has had horrible results for those that have tried in the past (or recent if you still wanna count some given by GWB).
quade -

I just saw parts on the news i thought the parts i saw where pretty good...For me though... the best part was afterwards...when an Englishman was asked what he thought of Obama, to which he gushed, He was fantastic,He's my new Messiah!!!!

Those crazy english:D:D:D

.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!