quade

Obama at Berlin

Did you listen to his speech? It was entirely about world unity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, what, in your opinion, is that? (world unity)

That's when India sends work back here for us to do, and when we sneak south of the border to get a job, picking hot peppers.:D
:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Did you listen to his speech? It was entirely about world unity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, what, in your opinion, is that? (world unity)

That's when India sends work back here for us to do, and when we sneak south of the border to get a job, picking hot peppers.:D

And you donate half of your oil reserves to needy African countries.:P

Opps!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=Obama%27s+Trip+Backfires&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images
Abraham Lincoln

I was pretty sure I read reports about him expecting his trip to cost him some placing in the polls, for the short term.

I'm not thinking there are too many surprises there.

I think we'll see both candidates continue to gain, and lose, in the polls. Ultimately I suspect this will be a very close race.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I was pretty sure I read reports about him expecting his trip to cost him some placing in the polls, for the short term.

I'm not thinking there are too many surprises there.

I think we'll see both candidates continue to gain, and lose, in the polls. Ultimately I suspect this will be a very close race.

Ian

I heard there was a fear that might happen , not that it was expected.

Either way in the end? Yes, it will be a nail biter. Also in the end I think it will get a little ugly.
Abraham Lincoln

I think most Brits think of the US as a cheap place to go on holiday (so long as you don't mind being treated like a criminal on arrival), a pain in the arse for fucking the economy with shonky loans or a danger to world peace. That is those who give a damn one way or another (So I guess I'm talking about the minority)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You may have already but I didn't see it. Do you mind linking the poll which you are referrencing? That may help me understand why it is you think we haven't sullied our good name with the rest of the world.

Sorry, I dont understand what you are asking me?

I have been talking about votes in Germany and France (I said Britian instead of France by mistake) I do not know about any poll.
Abraham Lincoln

Poll, votes, whatever. The information which you are basing your opinion on.

I think he's trying to say that the Europeans love us because they voted against the candidate who criticized Bush the most. After all, voters in other countries have absolutely nothing other to consider than US policy right? They secretly love our imperial policies. They vote "pro-Bush" and then just pretend to burn US flags and protest all of Bush's visits.:ph34r:

Germany and France both just elected leaders of thier countries that ran on a pro USA pro Bush platforms.
Abraham Lincoln

Germany and France both just elected leaders of thier countries that ran on a pro USA pro Bush platforms.

So you think they voted for those guys because they were pro bush/usa? It couldn't possibly be a 'lesser of two evils' situation?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

So you think they voted for those guys because they were pro bush/usa? It couldn't possibly be a 'lesser of two evils' situation?

Let's make a small correction here: They did not "vote" for any of your guys.

It's just an international way of politeness towards the chief of a country shown on official platforms. Do you think the bush bro's beforhand voted for Saddam Hussein when shaking hands?? :ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Am I the only one that doesn't know what it is to experience an Obamagasm? I'm feeling left out.

um, let me see. By 'show of hands' please how many others have NOT experienced an Obamagasm?
1...2...3....any others? No?
No, there are 3 others, GeeDub'ya, Dick Cheney and Con-Rice...a possible 4th, but we couldn't get McCain to stop making googly-eyes at Obama, long enough to get him to understand the question & vote. :D:P

Could you imagine Gee'dubya performing a speech that long without cocking it up?

:o:S:D:D:D ? I can't imagine him getting through the phrase 'We the people' without cocking it up. :D
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

That is always possible. And I cant realy debate one way or the other for sure because I do not pay alot of attention of overseas politics.

I am skeptical when people say that the US is hated because of Bush. There have been a couple of polls but I know that the way questions are put out and then the way the data is looked at can make a poll very easy to manipulate.

So I could ask the same question. Who hates the US and what do you base that on? Then I get the obligatory “well everyone can see that” type of line. I personally think the hate the US stance is more media driven than reality, but I know that is my opinion
Abraham Lincoln

Who hates the US and what do you base that on?

I based that conclusion on the huge protests every time Bush stepped foot in a different country (I have a pic of a brazillion Brazilians protesting if you'd like it) and then did some internet searches on world public opinion.
Here's one addressing Bush.
But fortunately things are starting to improve

It's not so much a hatred of the US as it is of our imperialistic policies, for which #43 is the poster child. Most opinions that I've seen indicate that people like the US and its people but they don't care for us imposing our policies on them. They'd prefer that we be present and work WITH them to solve problems.

But as a side note regarding Bush's popularity, even here in the US I don't recall ever having a President that required you to sign a loyalty oath to get into a venue where he was speaking.

Who hates the US and what do you base that on?

I based that conclusion on the huge protests every time Bush stepped foot in a different country (I have a pic of a brazillion Brazilians protesting if you'd like it) and then did some internet searches on world public opinion.
Here's one addressing Bush.
But fortunately things are starting to improve

It's not so much a hatred of the US as it is of our imperialistic policies, for which #43 is the poster child. Most opinions that I've seen indicate that people like the US and its people but they don't care for us imposing our policies on them. They'd prefer that we be present and work WITH them to solve problems.

But as a side note regarding Bush's popularity, even here in the US I don't recall ever having a President that required you to sign a loyalty oath to get into a venue where he was speaking.

As for the loyalty oath the dems have required that for years to vote in a primary in many states. You may want to look into that. It does not mean anythig either way as I feel it is just a tool to intimidate.

As for the US hatred and US whatever, well whatever. I feel many base there opinions on what they read from those who flood media outlets first and the most. No fact (on either side) just subjective observations
Abraham Lincoln

as you are such a ferociuos poster with "no interest in other countries politics" let me put it this way:

the way your government acted in the years since it's run by shrub does not get the u.s. (m)any sympathies from european folks. the way your government has acted came across as "if you are not with us you are against us". and that by itself brought up many very bad memories from our own history. similar schools of thought were run by communist or fascist leaders. I'm not saying you put people who do not share your governments point of view to a gulag. Your country is to civilized for that - but from a euro perspective, you are not far from it.

so far we are just fed up with "war on terror" or some other axis of evil. over here we try to handle things a bit different - if we are successfull or not is another question, but warstriken as our continent was in the past, we do not want to go this way. if you think that qualifies us as pussies - so be it. i can take that quite easy. and if we think the american government acts like a bunch of pre-teens with shitloads of guns exporting their problems overseas and who want everybody to live their life according to their rules - well that's how most of it comes across.

as for the obama speech: i read the transcript. bottom line is - he want's to handle foreign politics defintely in another way (smarter) than bush. and that by itself will get - if he's elected in fall - the u.s. a tremendous amount of sympathy.

and before you ask: no, i do not hate the usa as a nation. i think your nation has a lot of things to be proud of and a lot of things you should be ashamed of likewise (that applies to any nation in the world). you should just stop being arrogant and treating every other country as if they were stupid fukkers
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

I dont care and, we dont.

If you would look to sources for news other than where must oviously get them, your attitude toward the US would be somewhat more tempered.

As to your attitude? I blame the US media and the dems
Abraham Lincoln