quade

Obama at Berlin

Not one person here can answer the question. You can not either. Because you dont have one.

His speech was a touchy feely rock and roll star I love you media event that said absolutly nothing.

Tear dowm walls (what wall and how? I seem to remember two countries across the pond electing very pro america pro Bush leaders that campained they were pro bush pro usa. No walls there)

Build a bridge... to what and why? Tell me please.

Many have posted I am blinded. sheesh what are you pro BHO groupies......:S

and I dont like McCain either lest you forget...

Maybe tear down the walls that stand between america and the majority of the world....

Your leader is a complete moron!....and if you cannot see the damage that has been done by him... and why now you may have to resolve issues because of it...in my mind you are a moron as well.....

Or maybe just american.... its hard to tell these days:S
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Simple really. The world is fucked off with Prez Bush/Cheney/Rumsfield, etc policies, because they can see them for what they are.

The media says this yet the peoples votes dont hold it up.

You and those like you are pissed so you seem to extend that to the world with nothing solid to back it up....

I understand your point (which I cant agree with) and I thank you for a reply

So you understand the point that the rest of the world is fucked off with bush/cheney... ect

but cant agree with it.....

OPEN your EYES!

everyday i meet people from all over the world (for the last 15 years)
...the thousands of people i have met have pretty all had the same image of america...which is the country you roll your eyes at... FACT!

IMO you are delusional about how the rest of the world see you... if you came over here spouting your shit you would be a VERY VERY lonely man!.....FACT!

and from what ive read from your other posts you just want to pick a fight...........

how american......

Chill out Kiwi mate. I think Ian summed it all up pretty well when he said this:

"Sitting here reading your posts it's pretty clear it doesn't matter what anyone says, you'll find a way to dismiss it or ask another set of questions until you get the response you want.

The problem seems to be that instead of taking the opportunity to understand why someone believes something, even if you don't agree with their motives yourself, you'd rather take it as an opportunity to tell them why they shouldn't believe it.

Personally, I don't have any issue with you doing that, but I wouldn't expect the conversation to really go anywhere.

Anyway, back to the regular speakers corner programming..... "

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

No worries. Don't we all?:$:D

edit: At least he's engaging in a forum where people can explain the reality. Of course it's frustrating when an individual can't quite see the obvious reality, but what about the millions who don't even have sensible people trying to show them that reality?

Fuck!B|

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Simple really. The world is fucked off with Prez Bush/Cheney/Rumsfield, etc policies, because they can see them for what they are.

You and those like you are pissed so you seem to extend that to the world with nothing solid to back it up....

So you understand the point that the rest of the world is fucked off with bush/cheney... ect

OPEN your EYES!

...the thousands of people i have met have pretty all had the same image of america...which is the country you roll your eyes at... FACT!

IMO you are delusional about how the rest of the world see you... if you came over here spouting your shit you would be a VERY VERY lonely man!.....FACT!

and from what ive read from your other posts you just want to pick a fight...........

how american......

Just cause you are pissed doent mean the "world" is.

I refer yet again to recent votes in Germany and Britian.

Your eyes are open but you cant see. Cause you are controled by your emotions, not the facts.

I awaint you calling me a moron yet again
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

No worries. Don't we all?:$:D

edit: At least he's engaging in a forum where people can explain the reality. Of course it's frustrating when an individual can't quite see the obvious reality, but what about the millions who don't even have sensible people trying to show them that reality?

Fuck!B|

I have no hope for you seeing the "reality" of which you speak:S
Abraham Lincoln

Considering what's been said, how on earth could you?

Ya, am a really surprised you would admit it:o;)
Abraham Lincoln

I'm with Marc on this 100%... This is typical of a lot of the problems in the West - Celebrity, hero Worship nothingness. Our society (both side of the pond) have become so shallow that we grasp at anything, even though there is no substance - sad, how ever did we come to this?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Awww, shropshrop, stop whining ... :S It's a hot summer, people love to be entertained in the streets - let them listen and enjoy! Berlin folks are close-knit to US presidents .... He's a looker, did a good job.

I did not read all comments in the western media but, one thing is for sure: They as well as most (of our) politicians do see BO's visit under a more different light! So do I.

Their analyses of his speech are anything else but not gushy.

Let's wait and see. :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

His post was

Maybe tear down the walls that stand between america and the majority of the world....

Your leader is a complete moron!....and if you cannot see the damage that has been done by him... and why now you may have to resolve issues because of it...in my mind you are a moron as well.....

Or maybe just american.... its hard to tell these days

My highlighting his words

Dam fucking clear to me. Not you?:S
Abraham Lincoln

I am not trying to be a smart ass but you know he is one in the Senate who co-autored a bill that would take .9% of the US GNP and give it to the UN to fight world proverty.

Marc,

Can you point to this specific bill?

More than once similar assertions that the S.2433 “Global Poverty Act of 2007,” bill does similar have been wholly discredited.
Those claims were completely false.

See Here and here.

Direct support of the Bill’s actual goals -- i.e., interagency coordination on *currently funded programs* in support of & endorsing President Bush’s Millennium Challenge Goals, here by SecState Condoleezza Rice.

Please, please don’t believe me. Please don’t take my word for it. Please go look at the text of the bill yourself. The primary data is readily available … & your tax dollars go to making it available through resources like www.thomas.gov: “In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, legislative information from the Library of Congress” and Government Printing Office (GPO) Access, which “contains all published versions of bills from the 103rd (1993-1994) Congress forward.”

VR/Marg

A newsletter opinion I just recieved

"The Global Poverty Act of 2007 (S.2433) is coming up for a Senate vote... according the office of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. Once Harry Reid and the Democrat leadership put it on the calendar, we could have as little as a week to prepare for the vote." - Lee Cary, The American Thinker

If Cary is right, Senator Barack Hussein Obama's only major legislative accomplishment as a United States Senator -- which according to some conservative leaders is potentially an $845 billion United Nations give away of your hard-earned tax dollars -- could be coming up for a stealth vote any day now!

Again, spin or fact I do not yet know
Abraham Lincoln

A newsletter opinion I just recieved

"The Global Poverty Act of 2007 (S.2433) is coming up for a Senate vote... according the office of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. Once Harry Reid and the Democrat leadership put it on the calendar, we could have as little as a week to prepare for the vote." - Lee Cary, The American Thinker

If Cary is right, Senator Barack Hussein Obama's only major legislative accomplishment as a United States Senator -- which according to some conservative leaders is potentially an $845 billion United Nations give away of your hard-earned tax dollars -- could be coming up for a stealth vote any day now!

Again, spin or fact I do not yet know

Please go look at the actual text of the bipartisan bill. There are sections on “Policy,” “Strategy,” “Definitions,” “Findings” & “Required Reports.” There’s nothing on funds.

It is not an appropriations bill. In order to appropriate money, an appropriations bill is needed.

I don’t know how to write it diplomatically and not be explicitly clear. The quote can be called “spin,” intentionally misleading, creative interpretation; in the end, it's just incorrect.

The Blog quote is also less than correct w/r/t Sen Obama's record: here's a partial list of the 152 bills that he has co-sponsored, (again all citations back to the primary data, available through thomas.gov) such as
  • S.1180: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to reauthorize various programs servicing the needs of homeless veterans for fiscal years 2007 through 2011, and for other purposes,
  • S.1194: A bill to direct the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to establish guidelines and procedures for tracking, controlling, and accounting for individual spent fuel rods and segments,
  • S.2261: A bill to provide transparency and integrity in the earmark process,
  • S.2446: A bill to promote the national security and stability of the economy of the United States by reducing the dependence of the United States on oil through the use of alternative fuels and new technology, and for other purposes,
  • S.3475: A bill to provide housing assistance for very low-income veterans,
  • S.AMDT.390 To provide meal and telephone benefits for members of the Armed Forces who are recuperating from injuries incurred on active duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom,
  • S.AMDT.2965 to S.2349 To ban employment negotiations to become lobbyists by Members of Congress and required recusal for senior congressional staff while in office,
  • S.AMDT.3144 to S.CON.RES.83 To provide a $40 million increase in FY 2007 for the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program and to improve job services for hard-to-place veterans,
  • S.AMDT.3695 to H.R.4939 To improve financial transparency in hurricane recovery by requiring the Director of the Office of Management and Budget to make information about Federal contracts publicly available, and
  • S.AMDT.4224 to S.2766 To include assessments of Traumatic Brain Injury in the post-deployment health assessments of member of the Armed Forces returning from deployment in support of a contingency operation.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
    Tibetan Buddhist saying

His post was

Or maybe just american.... its hard to tell these days

My highlighting his words

Dam fucking clear to me. Not you?:S

Moron is probably incorrect.

"Moron was originally a scientific term, coined around 1912 by psychologist Henry Goddard from a Greek word meaning "dull" or "foolish", and used on the English version of the "Binet Scale" of human intelligence. The Binet Scale was developed in the early 1900's by Alfred Binet, a French psychologist and inventor of the first usable intelligence test, the basis of today's IQ test. The Binet Scale went approximately as follows:

Normal ----- IQ 85-115
    Deficient ---- IQ 71-84
    Moron ------ IQ 51-70
    Imbecile ---- IQ 26-50
    Idiot -------- IQ 0-25"

In reading your posts, I think Deficient would more likely be the appropriate classification, which groups you with roughly 45 million (15%) other Americans ...or as the neocon leaders refer to it "our base". ;)

People in this classification are well suited for tasks such as Laborers; Gardeners; Upholsterers; Farmhands; Miners; Factory Packers and Sorters.

One would normally expect people in this classification to be quite literal in interpretation of simple data, ignoring items which conflict with their original conclusion.
    -----------------------
    "O brave new world that has such people in it".

OPEN your EYES!

how american......

Your eyes are open but you cant see. Cause you are controled by your emotions, not the facts.

Once again.... All i have done all day every day for the last 15 years is meet and talk to people from all over the world!..

In the last year i have talked to Thousands.....so my eyes are very much open to what people of the world think of America .....

But from what you are saying bush has not done anything damage to the image of the states and you are still thought of as the white knight here to save the world from tyranny...people from all over the world have nothing bad to say about you....

How many English have you actually spoken to that still live in England and think AMERICA ROCKS??...and im not talking about what you have read....

I would like to change my moron rating and downgrade you to Imbecile:P

And right now i have 6 people from the uk reading your post.....all of them seem to disagree with you as well...but they probably didn't take part in your vote or poll or whatever you are using as a reference...

but to be fair you do get a 10 out of 10 for pure entertainment value:)

OPEN your EYES!

how american......

Once again.... All i have done all day every day for the last 15 years is meet and talk to people from all over the world!..

In the last year i have talked to Thousands.....so my eyes are very much open to what people of the world think of America .....

But from what you are saying bush has not done anything damage to the image of the states and you are still thought of as the white knight here to save the world from tyranny...people from all over the world have nothing bad to say about you....

How many English have you actually spoken to that still live in England and think AMERICA ROCKS??...and im not talking about what you have read....

I would like to change my moron rating and downgrade you to Imbecile:P

And right now i have 6 people from the uk reading your post.....all of them seem to disagree with you as well...but they probably didn't take part in your vote or poll or whatever you are using as a reference...

but to be fair you do get a 10 out of 10 for pure entertainment value:)

Great part about all of this is I can ignore you and your circle jerk group of buddies. I really dont give a dam what you and your "circle" think.

If the US pays attention to the dim witts of the planet then we will have more SC judges referencing other countries laws instead of the US consititution.

So keep enjoying my posts and keep slinging the PA's if that makes you feel better.

I dont buy your shit despite what you hear from the one to the left or right of you

Marc
    Abraham Lincoln

Did you listen to his speech? It was entirely about world unity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, what, in your opinion, is that? (world unity)

That's when India sends work back here for us to do, and when we sneak south of the border to get a job, picking hot peppers.:D