Lindsey

the reason so many people LOVE America

Microbrews.

Microbrews are good, yeah. Made me think of my other favorite refreshing drink, SWEET TEA! Give me a big glass of sweet tea in the summer in the South on the porch swing. THAT is home.

Pickin' and grinnin' at a crawfish boil.

A day at a REAL swimmin' hole. Cut-off shorts or skinny dippin'. Either way is fun.

Miles and miles of dirt road through these piney woods. If you're "not from here" you're gonna get lost. Somebody'll point the way back to the (or a) main road eventually.

I'm kinda liking general aviation too.

Federal student loans. Anyone really can achieve whatever she wants to. She may have to work for it, however. :)

There's always SOMEONE worse off than you...lol.

Hafta add: We probably complain too much about Mexicans, but we can go to Mexico too! When we do, we're STILL in America. :)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Beach Boys said it best ...

Well East coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the Southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when I'm down there

The Mid-West farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

I wish they all could be California
I wish they all could be California
I wish they all could be California girls

The West coast has the sunshine
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a french bikini on Hawaii island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldn't wait to get back in the states
Back to the cutest girls in the world

steveOrino

Well, that's true in a whole lot of places. But in America, things work. You know that most employees in most places of business have an assigned purpose and execute it, and that standing in line and taking your turn will get your needs taken care of.

We trust our systems, and generally with good reason.

Wendy W.

all those things can be said of ANY developed western cutlure and most developed asian cultures
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well, that's true in a whole lot of places. But in America, things work. You know that most employees in most places of business have an assigned purpose and execute it, and that standing in line and taking your turn will get your needs taken care of.

Wendy W.

all those things can be said of ANY developed western cutlure and most developed asian cultures

The thread isn't about the things you love about America that are UNIQUE to America....now is it. Some things that I love about America can also be found in Australia....like friends. In America your friends are never too far away...lol....folks can take that however they want.

I KNOW you liked snow. Don't deny it silly squeaky boy. I THINK you also thought some of the people you found here were kinda special. Yes?

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

The thread isn't about the things you love about America that are UNIQUE to America....now is it. Some things that I love about America can also be found in Australia....like friends. In America your friends are never too far away...lol....folks can take that however they want.

I KNOW you liked snow. Don't deny it silly squeaky boy. I THINK you also thought some of the people you found here were kinda special. Yes?

linz

OK well yes the snow in Colorado was spectacularB|, and most of the people i met were really cool some even special. (Scarlet cooks an awesome steak :)
In fact everyone i met (except one person) was really nice,:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Guess my reasoner is defective this morning as I can't really come up with things to add to the list.:$

The sheer size and diversity of landscapes here still amazes me -- more than once I've seen how foreign visitors have been shocked by this. We take for granted that we can travel from town to town for many miles and sometimes see nothing but a lonely farm or ranch between them. Heck, there are even areas here in crowded Florida that are still that way.

The chance for ordinary Joes and Janes to go on national television and make utter and complete fools of themsleves or actually make it big is rather a good thing, I think. Not that it is unique to here(see Paul Potts and Japanese game shows, for example), but it IS a bit more pervasive I believe.

Ah yes, all the good things mentioned here plus Key West, the Great Lakes and the Tragic Kingdom, gotta love it.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Wendy W.

Which ones are those? Outside of England and America, who waits in lines? The Germans make a sport out of cutting line, and in China there is no line!

>Outside of England and America, who waits in lines?

Belgians, French, Thais, Japanese, Mexicans, Dutch and Nigerians (from what I've seen at least!)

>and in China there is no line!

And in the Matrix, there is no spoon.

>Outside of England and America, who waits in lines?

Belgians, French, Thais, Japanese, Mexicans, Dutch and Nigerians (from what I've seen at least!)

Australian Indonesia, India, vietnam, new zealand Japan .....
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Faygo Red Pop
Leaves changing color
Convenience stores (they are very convenient)
Being able to sit in and watch the Congress inaction - I meant in action
Being able to say those things
Mountains, Ocean, Desert, Forest, Lakes
Driving for hours with the radio blasting and going nowhere
(Usually) Not having to worry about getting sick from eating a salad at a restaurant
Drive thru fast food at 2AM
Comparatively fresh air
Indoor/Outdoor gun ranges
Estate auctions
Garage sales in the summer
Drive-in movie theatres
Carnivals in the summer
Amusement parks - huge rollercoasters
Good bar burgers
Double stuff Oreos

Why I love America

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts.

We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts.

"I've been kicked off better dropzones than this." – more than a few skydivers

B|:DB|
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I bet THIS list will end up much bigger and better

and I bet within 10 posts the usual crowd will start pissing all over it and it won't be any better than any other stereotype-filled bashfest.

How one could be wrong, isn't it? :P More than 10 posts, and even the ugly Germans do not start pissing all over your lovely country :D:D

Seriously: All Americans I met in person were great. All what I've seen personally in the US, i.e. landscapes, wonderful places .... was unforgettable beautiful (except the entry procedures baaaaahhh >:(>:()

As this thread only is about ".....love the US", gotta stop here ;)

PS: Same refers to other countries I've seen. But, that's not what it's about, yes?

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Seriously: All Americans I met in person were great.

Pretty much the same as I've found in my limited travels - you get the occasional asshole, but for the most part folks are just folks.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

More than 10 posts, and even the ugly Germans do not start pissing all over your lovely country :D:D

Seriously: All Americans I met in person were great. All what I've seen personally in the US, i.e. landscapes, wonderful places .... was unforgettable beautiful (except the entry procedures baaaaahhh >:(>:()

As this thread only is about ".....love the US", gotta stop here ;)

PS: Same refers to other countries I've seen. But, that's not what it's about, yes?

Christel

I don't think I've ever met "ugly Germans". . . . even when I was an exchange student over there. :)
And..... I know it's not the title of this thread.... but..... since this IS an International forum, I think anyone should be able to state why they love "their" country as well and us vocal Americans expressing our patriotism.

Why I love America

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Stripes, great film. B|
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You know what Im gonna do
Im gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
Hot pink, with whale skin hubcaps
And all leather cow interior
And big brown baby seal eyes for head lights (yeah)
And Im gonna drive in that baby at 115 miles per hour
Gettin' 1 mile per gallon,
Sucking down Quarter Pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds
In the old fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers
And when Im done sucking down those greeseball burgers
Im gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag
And then Im gonna toss the styrofoam containers right out the side
And there aint a goddamn thing anybody can do about it
You know why, because weve got the bombs, thats why
2 words, nuclear fucking weapons, OK?
Russia, Germany, Romania, they can have all the democracy they want
They can have a big democracy cakewalk
Right through the middle of Tiananmen Square
and it wont make a lick of difference
Because weve got the bombs, OK?
John Wayne's not dead, hes frozen, and as soon as we find a cure for cancer
Were gonna thaw out the duke and hes gonna be pretty pissed off
You know why,
Have you ever taken a cold shower, well multiply that by 15 million times
Thats how pissed off the dukes gonna be!
I'm gonna get the Duke, and John Cassavetes,
and Lee Marvin, and Sam Peckinpah, and a case of whiskey,
and drive down to Texas and say.....

- Dennis Leary :)

. . =(_8^(1)