skydivingbob

Serves the stupid fuckers right.

um, TWO of the victims were attacked 300 yards away from the enclosure. do you really beleive that these other two dangled their legs in & then were able to get 3 football field away from the tiger before being attacked?

it seems to me that only the first victim was the one acting like a fucktard (if the report is true)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

um, TWO of the victims were attacked 300 yards away from the enclosure. do you really beleive that these other two dangled their legs in & then were able to get 3 football field away from the tiger before being attacked?

it seems to me that only the first victim was the one acting like a fucktard (if the report is true)

Guilty by association I guess.

Something isnt right, the report does say the other two were 300 yards away. So apparently there was no one else in that 300 yards for the tiger to attack? It just happened to get the guilty parties friends that were 300 yards away and nobody in between? Thats one hell of a coincidence.

You fuck with the bull you get the horns. Tiger shouldnt be behind bars to begin with, now because of these jackasses it's dead. It really is a shame the tiger didnt kill all 3 of them before they killed the tiger.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/27/tiger.attack/index.html

I agree. He and the person awhile back get the darwin award. And I agree they shouldn't be caged. But it hasn't been determined how the cat got out. Now if they are being caged for survival of the species and education and not just entertainment I can go along w/ a few being caged. Sad tho. A magnificent animal
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Something isnt right, the report does say the other two were 300 yards away. So apparently there was no one else in that 300 yards for the tiger to attack? It just happened to get the guilty parties friends that were 300 yards away and nobody in between? Thats one hell of a coincidence.

If you saw a Siberian Tiger excaping its enclosure and ripping someone to shreds would you not make it your number one priority to get the fuck outta there?

After the first victim was dead I'm not at all surprised that the Tiger's next targets were 300 yards away!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Somewhere I read that the zoo was closing and there were only around 20 people left in the zoo. I also read that the second and third victims were in or near a cafe. If those two things are true, it's not surprising that a) there weren't people between the first and subsequent victims and b) the smells of the cafe may have drawn the tiger to the vicinity of victims 2 & 3.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If you saw a Siberian Tiger excaping its enclosure and ripping someone to shreds would you not make it your number one priority to get the fuck outta there?

After the first victim was dead I'm not at all surprised that the Tiger's next targets were 300 yards away!

This is a common misconception based on ignorance of the predatory habits of Tigers. The best course of action would be to find something like a trash can and create as much noise as you can. Unbridled panic and fear followed by an attempt to outrun a Tiger will only cause the Tiger to chase you down and eat you like a fleeing Yak.

Where did you read that the second two victoms that survived were friends with the one that died??

Found it nevermind:)

This is a common misconception based on ignorance of the predatory habits of Tigers. The best course of action would be to find something like a trash can and create as much noise as you can. Unbridled panic and fear followed by an attempt to outrun a Tiger will only cause the Tiger to chase you down and eat you like a fleeing Yak.

I'm saying what I think people would do, not what they should do:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The 'facts' coming out are worse than our skydiving accidents.

It does appear true that all 3 were friends. Theories are that perhaps the one that died may have provoked it. True or not, the tiger got to him and mauled him. Then attacked one or both of these others, one or both of who then went towards the cafe, perhaps leaving a blood trail (which would be an obvious attractant to the tiger).

With the obvious liability issues, this one may never get fully disclosed.

This is a common misconception based on ignorance of the predatory habits of Tigers. The best course of action would be to find something like a trash can and create as much noise as you can.

I'd try to get inside that trash can!

The UW response to a shark is to pull out a camera, but may not work so well on a tiger.

Why is it so shocking when an animal like a tiger kills someone, especially one that might have been taunting it? Killing is what they do best. Animals like these are not to be messed with. Go read "Death in the Long Grass" to know why animals like tigers are so scary.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

This is a common misconception based on ignorance of the predatory habits of Tigers. The best course of action would be to find something like a trash can and create as much noise as you can.

I'd try to get inside that trash can!

The UW response to a shark is to pull out a camera, but may not work so well on a tiger.

Pulling out a camera on a shark won't likely provoke him as much as freaking out and flailing away like an injured Seal. Or in this case a panicked Yak to a Siberian Tiger.

Tigers don't normally like noise and confrontation, especially if they aren't hungry. I don't know if we will ever fully understand why this Tiger attacked. Reminds me of the Sigfried/Roy attack.

When people are at the zoo, they tend to TRUST that the enclosures are adequate. People shouldn't dangle their feet inside the fence, but even so the enclosure should have met the appropriate standard. The teenager didn't deserve to die, for heaven's sake.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

>. . . stupid fuckers. . . It really is a shame the tiger didnt kill all 3 of them . . .

The Christmas spirit is alive and well here in Speaker's Corner.

Xmas is over. Didn't you get the memo?;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

You fuck with the bull you get the horns. Tiger shouldnt be behind bars to begin with, now because of these jackasses it's dead. It really is a shame the tiger didnt kill all 3 of them before they killed the tiger.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/27/tiger.attack/index.html

I wouldn't wish this on anyone. The shame is that one died, two are injured and a beautiful animal is now dead also. What a shame.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

The teenager didn't deserve to die, for heaven's sake.

actually he did.. actions have consequences, something that has been greatly lost by people who view predatory animals as 'pets' and entertainment.

I mourn the loss of another great cat.. 1 less human asshole who learned 'the hard way' that predators are not play toys doesn't bother me much at all...

Go read "Death in the Long Grass" to know why animals like tigers are so scary.

great great book.....

can't remember the name of the Author, but he is/was a former guide for big game hunters.
the chapters of his book are broken down by "animal'. and he writes very descriptively about the 8 or 9 big animals which can and WILL kill you, if given the chance......

further reinforces MY belief that Man, is Not the highest order of animal on the planet... we may be the 'smartest', by OUR interpretation, but that's just an arrogant position to take...

good read....fast paced, helps to grow the readers' respect for Hippos, cape buffalos, elephants, lions, etc...

the S F zoo incident IS a sad one, for all parties involved...

jmy

Tigers don't normally like noise and confrontation, especially if they aren't hungry. I don't know if we will ever fully understand why this Tiger attacked. Reminds me of the Sigfried/Roy attack.

I think that in the Sigfried incident, the tiger was just tired of thinking,'This is just sooo gay.'

I like to wait until all the facts are out before passing judgement.

I'll contribute to the water-cooler talk, however, and add what I just heard reported on the news this morning--and I'm paraphrasing:

"The two surviving victims recovering in the hospital are reportedly being very uncooperative with police. In an earlier incident involving the two this year, they were said to also have been extremely belligerent with authorities."

My main question at this particular moment when we don't know much at all, is why were there no surveillance cameras? We have surveillance cameras in cupcake bakeries but hey, who needs 'em around a wild animal enclosure?:S

It's important to note, I've been busy this week & haven't been reading, researching or watching the news as much so my information on this particular case thus far is limited to my local news & the Today show.:$:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.