skydivingbob

Serves the stupid fuckers right.

~humans are animals.

You and I are not speaking the same language if you think the concept of responsibility applies to any non cognizant (ie non human until we meet another) "animal"

Well, you're talking about the animal as if it understands the concept of "teasing" and "taunting." I still don't get where some of y'all think a tiger preferentially attacks the person who is "teasing" it over those who are gawking respectfully.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

~humans are animals.

You and I are not speaking the same language if you think the concept of responsibility applies to any non cognizant (ie non human until we meet another) "animal"

Well, you're talking about the animal as if it understands the concept of "teasing" and "taunting." I still don't get where some of y'all think a tiger preferentially attacks the person who is "teasing" it over those who are gawking respectfully.

i'm guessing you have no experience with wild animals.. they can be provoked, different species have different triggers. Zoo's do a great deal to subvert the basic instincts, but they are still wild animals.

for example I will not be surprised at all when one day an orca (who perhaps missed a planned meal to keep it tame and docile) decides to take the kid leaning over the platform to pet it as a snack.. its the exact same behavior it would do with a seal if it werent fed regularly as a pacifier.

there is no shame in being unsurprised when a wild animal acts according to its basic instinct, nor in lacking sympathy for those who fail to understand how fragile the illusion of control humans have over them really is... only the distance modern man lives from basic nature makes this a surprise to anyone at all. Perhaps this instance will help more remove their blinders about mankind's 'control'

This thread makes me want to weep.
And it has nothing to do with the incident.

Fucking Boo Hoo. Oh the humanity. Need a fucking kleenex to assist with your WEEPING? How about a shoulder to cry on?

This thread makes me want to throw up, hows that? The fact that some are making excuses for a jackass that chose to taunt a fucking tiger is amazing.

Thats the problem with this world nowadays, people make excuse after excuse for peoples actions.

Dont want to die? Dont do anything stupid. Natural selection at work, thank god.

i'm guessing you have no experience with wild animals.. they can be provoked, different species have different triggers.

Somehow I bet that in the wild, standing 50 feet from the critter with your finger up your nose will get you eaten as quickly as dangling your foot over a wall will. My bet is that the tiger's triggers didn't evolve in the zoo. People expect barriers to be *real* in the zoo. *Teasing* an animal certainly does nothing to the animal that's any worse than what's been done to him by confining him.

It's unfortunate that a teenager and a tiger are both dead because the animal's enclosure wasn't up to par.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I'm thinking, you are a troll. No info in your profile. You recently registered. Your only postings are you making fun of a death. Maybe you should troll the death and gore websites. I'm sure you'll be welcomed amongst those sick people.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

How exactly do you TEASE a tiger? Explain.

You climb a fence, or wall and dangle your foot inside the animals enclosure. Thus attracting the animals attention to this foreign object that has now invaded its space. Perhaps taunt is a better word to use?

Does that answer your question?

The police said that there is no evidence that anyone dangled anything inside the tiger enclosure or teased/taunted the animals. The tiger enclosure was below the reccomended min height - it was only 12.5 feet high, not the advised 16 feet. Lastly, there are reports that the one who died may have died saving the lives of his friends.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I'm thinking, you are a troll. No info in your profile. You recently registered. Your only postings are you making fun of a death. Maybe you should troll the death and gore websites. I'm sure you'll be welcomed amongst those sick people.

Show me one post where I made fun of a death??? What I am saying is a particular action deserved the reaction.

Am I the only one here that thinks this guy got what he deserved? No, others have also agreed.

Oh and BTW - The troll accusation, please. Grow up.

It's unfortunate that a teenager and a tiger are both dead because the animal's enclosure wasn't up to par.

The real question here as I see it is: With so few tigers left in this world, but plenty of asshats, which is the greater loss?

:ph34r:
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Show me one post where I made fun of a death??? What I am saying is a particular action deserved the reaction.

Am I the only one here that thinks this guy got what he deserved? No, others have also agreed.

Saying a person deserves to die for "maybe taunting" an animal in a cage is very much making lite of their death. The others who also think a person deserves death should also find some compassion within themselves. Wishing death is deplorable and degrades you as a human.
Troll accusation? I'm only calling it as I see it.
Grow up? I'm 47. I am an adult. I behave as an adult. I don't believe taunting a caged animal is defense that warrants death. You do. I'm glad we are not friends. I would distance myself from any person who believes as you do.
Neil Young

Saying a person deserves to die for "maybe taunting" an animal in a cage is very much making lite of their death. The others who also think a person deserves death should also find some compassion within themselves. Wishing death is deplorable and degrades you as a human.
Troll accusation? I'm only calling it as I see it.
Grow up? I'm 47. I am an adult. I behave as an adult. I don't believe taunting a caged animal is defense that warrants death. You do. I'm glad we are not friends. I would distance myself from any person who believes as you do.

Its called respect. Something this world is lacking. Perhaps others will learn from events such as this. Ever want to bitch slap that little hoodlum at the mall because he purposely slammed into you when he walked by? That is called lack of respect, something that is running way to rampant in this world. I bet if you beat the living shit out of that little hoodlum in front of 50 of his friends, those 50 friends would think twice about their behavior. Perhaps people will now think twice before climbing a tigers enclosure.

You say taunting a caged animal is not an offense that warrants death. Well guess what, the tiger disagrees with you. The tiger did what comes naturally, he doesnt know any different. A 17 year old does.

Would you feel the same way if it were your brother or any other person close to you? I have the feeling that you would. "Mom, he was taunting a tiger in a cage!" "Serves the stupid fucker right!"
Still, nothing in your profile. Not that it would mean anything as you most likely would just fill it with bullshit.

Did a google search for you. Something more to your speed.
http://www.deathndementia.com/category/death.html
Don't bust a nut, now.
Neil Young

My position thus far is this:

We don't know the facts. If it turns out to be true the 17-year-old "taunted" or "teased" the tiger in some way which provoked the tiger to attack, the teenager's actions played a part in his own death.

While he certainly did not "deserve" to die for his actions, he should not be absolved of or excused from them.

I hope there will be much learned from this unfortunate event.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

i'm guessing you have no experience with wild animals.. they can be provoked, different species have different triggers.

Somehow I bet that in the wild, standing 50 feet from the critter with your finger up your nose will get you eaten as quickly as dangling your foot over a wall will. My bet is that the tiger's triggers didn't evolve in the zoo.

if you know anything about the territorial instincts of tigers you'd be well aware that at 50 feet you would be long past the line you should be worrying, however in confined enclosures zoos take often excessive measures to try to inhibit those instincts to a much smaller locale.

If you know what you are doing you can be VERY close to even a completely wild tiger and not trigger it, but there is ALWAYS a risk with ANY wild animal, one the professionals understand and accept. This idiot trusted the illusion of safety provided the Zoo and then did something even more stupid in provoking it.

Go find a single professional trainer who believes 'teasing' any wild animal is a good idea or a way to remain health when inside its territorial boundaries.

Would you feel the same way if it were your brother or any other person close to you? I have the feeling that you would. "Mom, he was taunting a tiger in a cage!" "Serves the stupid fucker right!"
Still, nothing in your profile. Not that it would mean anything as you most likely would just fill it with bullshit.

Don't bust a nut, now.

Your defense makes no sense. If my brother turned out to be a deranged serial killer, of course I would do everything in my power not to smear his name simply because he is my brother, because he is family. However, his actions would speak for itself, and thus his labelings would be justified and deserved.

It is what it is.

"I think the tiger could have grabbed onto something, maybe a ledge," Mollinedo said. "She had to jump. How she was able to jump so high is amazing to me, but she's an exotic animal."

What a retard. they let this guy run a Zoo????

OMG
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm not bob (you can have the mods check my IP if you doubt) but yes, I'd be angry at them for doing something so completely and colossally foolish as to toy with a wild animal, much less one of the largest predators on the planet.

The blame still falls squarely on the individual, and the outcome is inline with the level of stupidity illustrated.. its not like he was teasing a feral cat.. this was a 350lb Tiger...

the often used quote applies.. "you mess with the bull sometimes you get the horns", the key difference is BULLS ARE NOT NATURAL KILLERS.

Go find a single professional trainer who believes 'teasing' any wild animal is a good idea or a way to remain health when inside its territorial boundaries.

Good thing that zoos generally do a good job in creating enclosures that are meant to protect both the animals and the general public....and that they don't assume the general public to have the same knowledge of animal behavior as professional animal trainers do.
--

Good thing that zoos generally do a good job in creating enclosures that are meant to protect both the animals and the general public....and that they don't assume the general public to have the same knowledge of animal behavior as professional animal trainers do.

yet amazingly how many millions of visitors managed to see this tiger without getting mauled?

not provoking a predator was once an instinct that everyone shared... apparently its been bred out of some humans and in this case it came back to haunt one.

Well...I just don't agree with ya'. It doesn't sound like anything that far out of the ordinary took place. The tiger shouldn't be able to jump out of its enclosure. The animal ran to the snack bar, for heaven's sake. Shouldn't be able to do that. Even disrespectful kids should be safe from being attacked by a tiger at the zoo.
--

yet amazingly how many millions of visitors managed to see this tiger without getting mauled?

And of those millions this was the first kid to tease the animal? Please.

And as yet NO EVIDENCE of teasing or taunting.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Don't bust a nut, now.

Your defense makes no sense. If my brother turned out to be a deranged serial killer, of course I would do everything in my power not to smear his name simply because he is my brother, because he is family. However, his actions would speak for itself, and thus his labelings would be justified and deserved.

It is what it is.

Who said anything about serial killers? The question is "Would you feel the same way if it were your brother or any other person close to you?". Would you go about saying "My brother deserved to die, because is is a stupid fucker"? Is that to much of a question for you to grasp? Please note, it has nothing to do with serial killers.
Neil Young

And of those millions this was the first kid to tease the animal? Please.

And as yet NO EVIDENCE of teasing or taunting.

but a shoeprint was found on the railing of the fence surrounding the enclosure, and police are checking it against the shoes of the three victims.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Don't bust a nut, now.

It is what it is.

Who said anything about serial killers? The question is "Would you feel the same way if it were your brother or any other person close to you?". Would you go about saying "My brother deserved to die, because is is a stupid fucker"? Is that to much of a question for you to grasp? Please note, it has nothing to do with serial killers.

My point, and I will spell it out for you is if my brother did anything stupid, I by nature of the fact that I am his brother would do my best to not disparage his name, or in laymans terms call him stupid or say he deserved it. My opinion would be biased because I am his brother. However, as I mentioned his actions, no matter what they were (killing numerous people, or taunting a tiger) would justify him being labeled stupid, reckless, incompentent, etc. no matter what my thoughts were of him or his actions.

Make sense now?