skydivingbob

Serves the stupid fuckers right.

However, as I mentioned his actions, no matter what they were (killing numerous people, or taunting a tiger) would justify him being labeled stupid, reckless, incompentent, etc. no matter what my thoughts were of him or his actions.

So, your brother would not deserve to die for doing something stupid, such as taunting a caged animal but, everyone does?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

However, as I mentioned his actions, no matter what they were (killing numerous people, or taunting a tiger) would justify him being labeled stupid, reckless, incompentent, etc. no matter what my thoughts were of him or his actions.

So, your brother would not deserve to die for doing something stupid, such as taunting a caged animal but, everyone does?

He would deserve to die just as much as the next idiot that commited the same stupid act. I may not be as vocal if it was my brother, but that wouldnt change the fact that he got what he deserved.

But then again, my brother would never do something so fucking stupid, so I have nothing to worry about.

You think the tiger believes that the boy sticking his foot through is in need of eating more than the rest of the people standing around pointing at him?

Only if the boy sticking his foot through is wearing socks with his sandals. That totally warrants an eating.

Yeah....well, in that case I think you're right. But those granola heads would prob'ly be far too crunchy for the critter to enjoy. It'd be kind of a waste really.

So if I put on socks & sandals when I get home, I'll get eaten? Sweet! :)
As for this incident, it doesn't really affect me. It sounds like the boy was being a boy (albeit a foolish one), and the tiger was being a tiger. Such is life.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>yet amazingly how many millions of visitors managed to see this
>tiger without getting mauled?

Yep. And millions of people used that faulty bridge in Mississippi before it collapsed, indicating they made good judgments about how safe the bridge was. One has to wonder how clueless the people were who drove over a defective bridge just before it collapsed, and how much they deserved their deaths.

My opinion, they did deserve it.

Must be nice to be so perfect. I guess you have always been a model of perfection from a young age. However for most of us mortals, we made mistakes when we were young and some of us were lucky enough to have learned from them. Of course the deceased will not be making anymore mistakes and you seem to think that this is good. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I don't believe taunting a caged animal is defense that warrants death.

Are you telling me that you never hope the matador gets a horn up his ass?

I've been to the bullfights in Mexico City and never did I hope to see any of the matadors be gored. After watching the bullfight, I will never go to see another one. It's disgusting that an animal should be put on display for the enjoyment of watching it be prodded, taunted, spiked and then ran through with a sword. I have no problem with cattle raised for feeding the people nor, do I have a problem with hunting to eat. Putting their death up as a form of entertainment is wrong.
I shot the attached photos in 1994. They are of two different matadors. Although, I understand the cultural difference between our countries and that the bullfight is centuries old, it's not for me. The agonizing death of the bull is not what I care to ever watch again.
It should be noted that the meat of the bull is donated to those in need.
Neil Young

Have you ever been in an open field with nothing between you and a large bull that is pawing the ground? I have (by accident!) and let me tell you, it's scary as shit.

But yeah, bullfighting is stupid.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Have you ever been in an open field with nothing between you and a large bull that is pawing the ground? I have (by accident!) and let me tell you, it's scary as shit.

But yeah, bullfighting is stupid.

LOL I did years ago when I was about 10 or 11yo. We saw a bullfight in a movie and thought we would try it in the field across the road. My dad whopped our stupid asses. You're right, it was pretty scary when the bull lowered his head and pawed the ground staring at us.
Neil Young

do you really beleive that these other two dangled their legs in & then were able to get 3 football field away from the tiger before being attacked?

That's exactly what one of them is claiming.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

How exactly do you TEASE a tiger? Explain.

You climb a fence, or wall and dangle your foot inside the animals enclosure. Thus attracting the animals attention to this foreign object that has now invaded its space. Perhaps taunt is a better word to use?

Does that answer your question?

The police said that there is no evidence that anyone dangled anything inside the tiger enclosure or teased/taunted the animals. The tiger enclosure was below the reccomended min height - it was only 12.5 feet high, not the advised 16 feet. Lastly, there are reports that the one who died may have died saving the lives of his friends.

That's the latest version of reality from the SFPD. Early on there was talk that there were pinecones and other foreign items in the enclosure. (Throwing objects at a tiger, if true, would qualify as provocation)

Any of you would latch on to one version of the reality to promote either viewpoint (dumb fucks got what they had coming or dumb fucks can't run a zoo) need to STFU and wait a week or twenty. You lack the facts to make any determination yet.

And 4' short or not, the enclosure was signed off on by the certifying bodies. Maybe they're bond raters who rubber stamp zoos on the weekends.

And 4' short or not, the enclosure was signed off on by the certifying bodies. Maybe they're bond raters who rubber stamp zoos on the weekends.

Dude, zoos are like totally regulated like really well & stuff.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

If you are going to kill an animal, do it outright, or you are a coward.

Not directed at you in particular, but I find it ironic when it comes to lions & tigers & bears (oh my!) people feel one way, yet pay so little attention to what likely happens to a chicken before it finally dies.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I agree, animal cruelty is just that, no matter who does it.

We don't often agree but, I fully agree that cruelty is just that, cruel.
We were there as guest of the Ferrocarriles Nacionales de Mexico so, I was able to get down behind the red wall (we were also permitted in where the matadores were but, photos were not allowed). I admit that I was very excited about it. I never thought all that much about a bullfight but, after watching one firsthand and to hear the bulls cry of agony, I left with so much disrespect for it.
Neil Young

>yet amazingly how many millions of visitors managed to see this
>tiger without getting mauled?

Yep. And millions of people used that faulty bridge in Mississippi before it collapsed, indicating they made good judgments about how safe the bridge was. One has to wonder how clueless the people were who drove over a defective bridge just before it collapsed, and how much they deserved their deaths.

ah yes the BV nonsequitors i've missed so much..

so what part of "is worthy of" did you miss..

IS:
driving over a bridge (an action) worthy of death? no.

taunting a predator (an action) worthy of death? yes.

If you are going to kill an animal, do it outright, or you are a coward.

Not directed at you in particular, but I find it ironic when it comes to lions & tigers & bears (oh my!) people feel one way, yet pay so little attention to what likely happens to a chicken before it finally dies.

BRAVO!! MOST WORTHWHILE POST IN THE THREAD!!