steveorino

Honest questions for God

Hahahaha.......

Man...people would pay good money to have the delusions you're having. You should extract the chemicals from your head and sell them in pill form. You'd make a killing in college campuses everywhere.

Or better yet, teach a course in advanced mathematical theory, which is the absolute basis of logic and everything. You seem to know a lot more about logic than my professors did.

I'm here to amuse you. You're welcome. B|

Fixed ....

although I do think "kick ass for the Lord" sounds better .... it's also a reference to a scene in n early Peter Jackson film....

Here's another one you might like, I didn't make this one up, but heard it a little over a year ago,

Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on Jesus.
We die only once, but for such a very long time.

I'll believe in ghosts when I catch one in my teeth.

Now I remember why I do not venture into the Speakers Corner...

Scared?..... Say scared... :P

I'm scared.
Between "God electing George Bush" and being aware that at least 40% of America believes in similar nonsense to what you're preaching...I'm scared for the future.
Is half of America truly so ill informed and lazy?

Did you know that Chuck Norris is an outspoken Christian? I just thought you'd find that interesting. Such a tough dude--- self-sufficient, empowered, man's man, etc. B|

But can he skydive?????!!!!
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

Did you know that Chuck Norris is an outspoken Christian? I just thought you'd find that interesting. Such a tough dude--- self-sufficient, empowered, man's man, etc.

Who care's if he can skydive, Chuck Norris has counted to infinity, TWICE!!

and because he's the man, when God was creating the universe he wanted to take ten days, Chuck gave him seven:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Did I say we have infinite time? I think I said just the opposite. Infinite regression requires infinite time. I say that is illogical.

You implied that by saying god has always existed. You can't have always existed (requiring infinite time) without the possibility of infinite regression (requiring infinite time).

There had to be something which brought everything into existence. I'm also saying that the universe (matter, energy, the forces that govern them, space, time) could not have brought itself into existence. Goes back to "there must have been an uncaused cause (God)." The Creator is above his creation. He's not part of or controlled by it.

Your argument is basically "Everything except god must have a cause" because that's the only way you can get round your infinite regression problem. If this argument is valid then it must also be valid to say "Everything except the Universe must have a cause".

Anyway "cause" is a temporal concept that requires time. All human concepts of a caused beginning necessarily have something before that beginning (including the cause); this is not true of time itself. So the universe (which includes time) does not even need a cause.

Your argument is basically "Everything except god must have a cause" because that's the only way you can get round your infinite regression problem. If this argument is valid then it must also be valid to say "Everything except the Universe must have a cause".

Anyway "cause" is a temporal concept that requires time. All human concepts of a caused beginning necessarily have something before that beginning (including the cause); this is not true of time itself. So the universe (which includes time) does not even need a cause.

If you're saying that God must be timeless, then you are on the right track.

If there is a creation, there must be a creator, which has a creator, which has a creator, and on and on.:S

There is a huge mess on my desk. I was the creator of that mess. As much, for the sake of laziness, I would like to buy into your theory that everything came into existance on its own, out of nothing, and put itself into a perfect working order, the top of my desk proves otherwise.

Did you know that Chuck Norris is an outspoken Christian? I just thought you'd find that interesting. Such a tough dude--- self-sufficient, empowered, man's man, etc. B|

Yeah, I knew that he was a big christian, don't really care though, not real interested in him anyways, the jokes are funny because of how corny he is, especially on Walker Texas Ranger. Oh, and Chuck Norris invented skydiving, duh.
We die only once, but for such a very long time.

I'll believe in ghosts when I catch one in my teeth.

you know, i don't come here much anymore... and long drawn out threads like this are partly why...

but here's my thing...

if i get to heaven, i won't have a question for God... i'm just going to stare into His Face and say "Thank You!"

peace everybody.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

If there is a creation, there must be a creator, which has a creator, which has a creator, and on and on.

There is a huge mess on my desk. I was the creator of that mess. As much, for the sake of laziness, I would like to buy into your theory that everything came into existance on its own, out of nothing, and put itself into a perfect working order, the top of my desk proves otherwise.

And much as I would like to believe that Royd popped into existence bereft of any human intervention, he did in fact have (2) creators.

So Royd, it's nice to see that you agree God would have needed a creator just as much as the universe.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

How can you be so bold as to say "God said this" and 'God said that' when he has never spoken to you.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16

You implied that by saying god has always existed. You can't have always existed (requiring infinite time) without the possibility of infinite regression (requiring infinite time).

God is above his creation.

We exist. Therefore, something had to cause it.

You said something very insightful: "All human concepts." ......very limited.

God is above his creation.

We exist. Therefore, something had to cause it.

You said something very insightful: "All human concepts." ......very limited.

You just go on and on giving names to things that defy logic.

You justify defying logic by making up new rules. Your entire system is based on a foundation of myth. No matter how many references you make to scripture, in the end it all just comes back to myth.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.