steveorino

Honest questions for God

God says differently. It is your fault. He didn't create a robot. He created something that he could have a personal relationship with in order to bring him and demonstrate his glory. You are in rebellion against the very thing that gives you your life's breath.

Is God a robot? Was Jesus a robot?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Uhhh..... free will? Not that it even applies, though. Nothing controls God.

Let me break it down real slow for you.

God and Jesus were perfectly moral right? Did God and Jesus have free will to do whatever they chose, or were they, in your words, Robots?

Now if you are following me so far, why would a human being designed by god to be capable of following the moral law have to be a robot if Jesus and God managed it even though they have free will?

Let me break it down real slow for you.

Well thank you very much.

God and Jesus were perfectly moral right? Did God and Jesus have free will to do whatever they chose, or were they, in your words, Robots?

Now if you are following me so far, why would a human being designed by god to be capable of following the moral law have to be a robot if Jesus and God managed it even though they have free will?

Jesus = God
God cannot sin.
You are not God.
You have free will and are imperfect.
You are not created with the capability to be perfect.
You are reliant on God whether you believe or not.

God cannot sin.
You are not God.
You have free will and are imperfect.
You are not created with the capability to be perfect.

But your original comment that we woud be 'robots' if we were created capable of following the moral law was false, unless you accept god and jesus to be robots. Therefore, it would still be gods design flaw that we are not capable of it.

But your original comment that we woud be 'robots' if we were created capable of following the moral law was false, unless you accept god and jesus to be robots. Therefore, it would still be gods design flaw that we are not capable of it.

My comment about robots had to do with your ability to accept or reject. You can chose to follow or not.

So, is it God can not sin or God does not sin?

Cannot. God can only do those things which are consistent with his nature. Sin is not part of his nature.

So God has no free will?

PS: So God who can not sin, created mankind who can sin, and then punished mankind for sinning with eternal pain and suffering. Nice God!
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

So, is it God can not sin or God does not sin?

Cannot. God can only do those things which are consistent with his nature. Sin is not part of his nature.

So God has no free will?

PS: So God who can not sin, created mankind who can sin, and then punished mankind for sinning with eternal pain and suffering. Nice God!

I think I know where you're going with this and it is illogical from the start. Here.

My comment about robots had to do with your ability to accept or reject. You can chose to follow or not.

Bollocks. You say God created something which can only not follow the law. The choice to follow it does not exist because we are incapable of it.

Bollocks. You say God created something which can only not follow the law. The choice to follow it does not exist because we are incapable of it.

In order to meet the standard of the Law, you would have to be perfect. You are not. Only God is. However, righteousness is required of you. Nothing sinful will enter heaven. The only righteousness in the eyes of God which you can hope for is through his son Jesus Christ (payment of your debt). Following repentance and trust in the Savior, the Holy Spirit makes you a new creature in Christ. You are given new thoughts and desires. From then on, the only good in you comes from Christ who lives in you. Sin doesn't go away. You just fight against it. Not just because your conscience tells you it's bad but because you know it offends God. I've said this before but here it is again. It's the difference between floating down the river of sin with everone else and swimming upstream against the current. You can't meet the standard of the Law but you work towards it. You follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

Many, many people work towards goodness (and do much better than many christians) without accepting god.

Your justification for sending good men from other religions to hell was that it was their evil that condemned them, not their lack of belief in christ.

We've showned that to be a pathetic justification that really doesn't stand up. No one (according to you) has a choice in whether or not to do evil, they will do it regardless becouse they were designed that way.

Many, many people work towards goodness (and do much better than many christians) without accepting god.

I agree.

Your justification for sending good men from other religions to hell was that it was their evil that condemned them, not their lack of belief in christ.

Their lack of repentance & faith in Christ will condemn them. However, it is due to their wickedness. Their going to hell is not God’s will.

We've showned that to be a pathetic justification that really doesn't stand up. No one (according to you) has a choice in whether or not to do evil, they will do it regardless becouse they were designed that way.

They won’t intentionally or continually do evil if the Holy Spirit dwells within them. With that comes a choice.

Added: By the way, who's "we?" :P

They won’t intentionally or continually do evil if the Holy Spirit dwells within them. With that comes a choice.

But they will still be doing evil. No matter that they try not to they will continue to break gods laws, that is where they do not have a choice.

Added: By the way, who's "we?"

Me and you. I can only respond to what you give me;)

But they will still be doing evil. No matter that they try not to they will continue to break gods laws, that is where they do not have a choice.

You either choose to repent & put your trust in the Savior or you do not. If you do, there will still be sin in your life. We live in a fallen world and also still have to deal with the human condition. However, through Christ, we continually grow in the direction of holiness & righteousness in preparation for something much better.

"Is creation actually evidence for your existence and please explain your answer?"

I think it's that the creation is evidence for the existence of God (not us b/c we are part of that creation) based on the idea that a painting is evidence that there must have been a painter.

>based on the idea that a painting is evidence that there must have been a painter.

The Giant's Causeway in Ireland is paved with thousands of hexagonal tiles. Early Gaelic people thought it was the work of a giant, Finn McCool. Someone must have placed all those tiles! Yet there was no paver - other than the forces that drive crystallization of lava.

Snowflakes are one of the more intricate, unique and beautiful crystals in nature. Yet there was no artist - other than the forces of nature present in the clouds.

The Grand Canyon has had millions of tons of rock excavated to expose massive canyon walls. Yet there was no excavator - other than water and gravity.

When you first look at a snowflake, you might think that such an intricate and perfect design has to have an intelligent, aesthetic creator. But once you learn more about how they form, you can see how they grow essentially at random. I think we are in the process of learning something similar about the universe.