rhino

Does my flag offend you????????????????!!!!!

Do you think that would be o.k.??

I posted what I thought was o.k. Why don't you post what you think is o.k.

I do think it's okay. And do you want to know why? Because the Constitution of this country assures that it *is* okay.

You cannot pick and choose which given rights shall be enforced upon the populace or you invite tyrrany and oppression by doing nothing to stand against the taking of those rights or the abuse of those who enjoy those same rights.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

What's the "alternate meaning" of this uncleverly disguised personal insult?

Only a select few of us actually get warned for this ;)

I've always had the hots for women that could deliver a back-handed slap using such high intilekshual phrases like "the ravages of self awareness".

A marriage proposal might be in order here. :ph34r:

Awwww, that's sweet, thank you. It really sounds like the two of you might be a much better match, however. Have fun remember ...safe sex!

jen
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I thought it was quite witty, Jen. Will you marry me? :)

LOL! Well, it certainly is a more appealing offer than my last one. :)

Maybe y'all should....ummm....get a room?

You know, I was thinking.....there's ignorance, and there's *aggressive* ignorance. The first kind can be moderated with some education. The second is hopeless....

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Well Jen, I wish you'd give me a chance.

Although I could never deliver the same level of love you'd surely get from Kel, my offer still isn't bad -- but it would be more like a "marriage of convenience".

On your end, you'd simply cook and keep our place cleaned up, and in exchange you'd have a safe and peaceful living environment in which to grow and expand. You could sign up for the classes of your choosing -- even opt to finish getting that GED!

What do you think? B|

. . =(_8^(1)

Well Jen, I wish you'd give me a chance.

Although I could never deliver the same level of love you'd surely get from Kel, my offer still isn't bad -- but it would be more like a "marriage of convenience".

On your end, you'd simply cook and keep our place cleaned up, and in exchange you'd have a safe and peaceful living environment in which to grow and expand. You could sign up for the classes of your choosing -- even opt to finish getting that GED!

What do you think? B|

Nothing personal, I just don't date outside my species.

ta!

jen
-----------------------

I was thinking that this is one retarded thread. Then...

[cue animal house music][students start walking out one-by-one]

"That flag isn't about the current administration, its not about all the good or the bad, its about all the people since the colonists first thought about being out from under England's thumb. Its about all of those that have died defending our rights and all of those who have sworn to defend the constitution. Its about your average joe working hard everyday to support his family. Its about your average jan working hard to support her family. Its about everyone and showing respect to all the citizens"

Bravo Aggie Dave. Bravo.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

but you know what.... There are a lot of people that live in the USA who really don't like this country or the flag. People that true hate everything that this country stands for. People who wish to change the constitution, people who wish to change our history, people who wish to change everything that make america great....

And those are the poeple this sticker was talking too.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

> People that true hate everything that this country stands for.
>People who wish to change the constitution . . . .

The only people I've seen on this board who want to change the constitution are the ones who want to add a no-gay-marriage amendment to it. Not sure why they hate the US, but they are out there.

>people who wish to change our history . . .

Agreed there. There are some people who want us to forget who pulled off 9/11, why we invaded Iraq, and who created the Mujahideen and supplied Saddam Hussein with the materials to make his WMD's.

>people who wish to change everything that make america great....

What makes america great are her people - their dedication, their willingness to sacrifice, their ability to recover from adversity. What makes america weak are the people who spend most of their time hating other people, whether they are democrats, republicans, flag-burners, flag-wavers, gay, straight, black, white, or green.

but you know what.... There are a lot of people that live in the USA who really don't like this country or the flag. People that true hate everything that this country stands for. People who wish to change the constitution, people who wish to change our history, people who wish to change everything that make america great....

Wow! I don't know where in the US you live, but in my limited travels around the country, I have not encountered anyone who fits the description you made. If anything, I'd think that American are extremely patriotic.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

What makes america weak are the people who spend most of their time hating other people, whether they are democrats, republicans, flag-burners, flag-wavers, gay, straight, black, white, or green.

You said....green

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

but in my limited travels around the country, I have not encountered anyone who fits the description you made.

Remember that there are only two kinds of people. People who agree, and those who disagree.
There is no such thing as degree of disagreement. That will make discussions much easier.

And, while the flag doesn't in the least offend me (although flying it tattered, dirty, and in the rain does), arrogant in-your-face my-way-or-the-highway jingoism does.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The US flag doesn't bother me (it's actually very colorful) and neither does a patriotic person bother me. What bothers me is the ignorant people with no experience whatsoever with other cultures who slam everyone outside of the USA as an inferior (kind of reminds of of the superior race the nazis were working on). There are some incredible smart (and nice) people in the USA just as there are some incredibly ignorant and poorly educated people.

Americans have every right to be proud of their country. But there are many other very good places to live as well. Contrary to the patriotic's popular belief, there is life outside of the USA. Always has been, always will be. America is NOT the perfect society (I don't think the perfect society exists).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Americans have every right to be proud of their country. But there are many other very good places to live as well. Contrary to the patriotic's popular belief, there is life outside of the USA

Dave, Dave -- didn't you read my post? There is no such thing as partial disagreement :o:P:S Either you agree with the dude in the truck, or you're a traitor. Doesn't even matter that you're not American :)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

First off Wendy it's Steve not Dave :P

and secondly I wasn't actually responding to anything you said. You just happened to be the last person who posted before me and well I didn't want to reply to the originator of the thread (for my own reasons). :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I have no problem with someone bitching about the US. As long as they are active in fixing what they bitch about. Otherwise they just need to STFU..

You're right! I mean, why bitch when you can just join the masses, right?

Not everyone is in the position to fight the politics in the near-dictatorship that has become our country (yes, I liken it to a dictatorship when votes don't count because the president doesn't believe something is moral, (can't wait for the veto!)) However, just because someone doesn't intend to right the world by fighting bad politics, doesn't mean they have to agree with them or move! And, if enough people see things that are wrong and share their views with others (via "bitching") then hopefully others will at least question whether these things are right. Hell, if it gets bad enough, maybe it'll start a revolution!:D

-A

I have no problem with someone bitching about the US. As long as they are active in fixing what they bitch about. Otherwise they just need to STFU..

You're right! I mean, why bitch when you can just join the masses, right?

Not everyone is in the position to fight the politics in the near-dictatorship that has become our country (yes, I liken it to a dictatorship when votes don't count because the president doesn't believe something is moral, (can't wait for the veto!)) However, just because someone doesn't intend to right the world by fighting bad politics, doesn't mean they have to agree with them or move! And, if enough people see things that are wrong and share their views with others (via "bitching") then hopefully others will at least question whether these things are right. Hell, if it gets bad enough, maybe it'll start a revolution!:D

-A

Absofukinlutely! Calling it bitching, dialogue, sharing philosophies or dreams, people talking and sharing their thoughts is a powerful tool.

The 'love it or leave it' types would be frustrated beyond all imagination if they understood their emotional effluence is so simple minded and mean spirited it actually fuels the growing movement to prevent the "patriots" from destroying a great nation.

jen
-----------------------

First off Wendy it's Steve not Dave

:$:$:$
Everyone at that boogie was named either Steve or Dave -- I had a 50-50 chance :):$

Wendy W.