rhino

Volunteers to patrol Arizona-Mexico border

That's a pretty dumb answer.

Ya I guess you're right. What could I possibly know about being an immigrant? And what could I possibly know about being motivated in my professional and personal life? I guess 41 years of life including 20+ years working in the IT business, working hard enough to be able to own my own home (the bank doesn't own it, I own it) means shit. All praise the mighty Gravitymaster as the rest of us are not worthy of his world-wind wisdom. :S

So lets review. You offer nothing but anecdotal evidence. Don't present any counter argument other than your own experience, and then flame me. Perhaps a nice little nap is in order. :ph34r:

Clearly, reading is not a strong suite of yours, so I can see why you would be easily impressed. I was agreeing with Stratostar who actually said "shoot the motherfuckers", which I shortened to "muthafukas" to give it an edgy street sound.

I am all in favor of defending our borders with lethal force. It is our problem and we can easily solve it. It would be far less expensive to build and defend a wall than it is to provide health care and other services to the existing 10 million and additional 1 million mexicans that come across our border illegally.

Thank for your interest in my opinion. I'm all warm and fuzzy now. :P

I am all in favor of defending our borders with lethal force.

Lethal? Really?

Yes, I suppose that makes sense for an invading horde coming to rape your women and burn down your town in the middle ages, but these are not those times nor is that the situation here.

Most of these folks just want a better life and not live in the shit-hole poverty of Mexico.

The concept of shooting them seems, I dunno, kinda assholish at best.

If you -really- wanted to stem the tide of illegal immigration you'd do something to make them want to -stay- in Mexico to begin with.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm glad to hear they cleared this up.

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Authorities determined Thursday that three volunteers involved in a civilian project to watch the border and report illegal crossers did not hold an illegal immigrant against his will.

http://staging.hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BORDER_VOLUNTEERS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2005-04-07-11-54-08

The Mexican man had told sheriff's deputies that he was detained and forced to pose for a picture holding a T-shirt with a mocking slogan. The shirt read: "Bryan Barton caught an illegal alien and all I got was this T-shirt." Barton was one of the three volunteers.

The shirt thing cracks me up.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

>If you -really- wanted to stem the tide of illegal immigration you'd do something to make them want to -stay- in Mexico to begin with.

just wondering???

why would it be yours, mine or anyone elses job other than mexicos to make their people want to stay there.

last i checked....illegal is still illegal,
and you can still walk up to any border entry and get in ......
oops.....they do have to get a picture and sign their name.....
but that would be legal....we dont want to follow the law or something like that do we....

and we still have a right to defend our country

while mexico is a shithole.....thats mexicos problem

oh....by the way

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he: assists an illegal alien she/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or encourages that illegal alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her or an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions. Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

OK Bill, I'll rephrase that to better suite the sensitive nature of the SC.

"Perhaps you do not understand that which I have written"?

"I think you do not understood the contect in which I wrote my reply".

It appears that you did not read the reply to which I was referenceing"?

Please replace the offending post with the NewSpeak version you prefer. No attack was meant, but I thought sarcasm was still good to go. :P

*** "If you -really- wanted to stem the tide of illegal immigration you'd do something to make them want to -stay- in Mexico to begin with"

Now what am I supposed to do to make the Mexicans fix their country? You have got to be kidding? Perhaps you are suggesting that all us hard working, innovative Americans pack up and move to Mexico for about 50 years. When we are done, their country won't suck anymore and they will quit coming to America.

So all of the hard work we have done for the last couple hundred years to build America into the single greatest nation on Earth should now just be handed out because the Mexicans have failed to do the same? They can immigate leagally, or they must not come. It is up to Amreicans to determine their destiny and decide how many immigrants should come and when. No matter how you look at it the are illegal, and they eat up American resources. If we do not defend our borders we lose our rights as a sovereign nation.

OK Bill, I'll rephrase that to better suite the sensitive nature of the SC.

"Perhaps you do not understand that which I have written"?

Please replace the offending post with the NewSpeak version you prefer. No attack was meant, but I thought sarcasm was still good to go. :P

I love Ebonics :o

A. Why a question mark at the end of a statement?

B. Why the question mark outside the quote?

I love Ebonics [Shocked]

It's called a typo. If you look at the little thing you're clicking away on, the "X" is right next to the "C."

You left out the misspelling. So do you have anything substantive to add to the discussion, or just more sniping?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I love Ebonics [Shocked]

It's called a typo. If you look at the little thing you're clicking away on, the "X" is right next to the "C."

You left out the misspelling. So do you have anything substantive to add to the discussion, or just more sniping?

No, not that, typos happn to us all, it's the syntax of, "understood" instead of, "understand."

I noticed it, but nothing in my post was about misspelling; it was about the fact that he was trying to sound exact and effecient instead of sarcastic and couldn't construct it correctly.

Your entire post was about resuming your fight with me from long ago, after a short moratorium resulting from when you were warned for doing so, so now I see you're back at it...... color me shocked. Do you have anything substantive?

If you -really- wanted to stem the tide of illegal immigration you'd do something to make them want to -stay- in Mexico to begin with.

You know that won't happen as long as Bush is enabling Fox and his plans. >:(

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

While i applaude your fathers attempt to better his life, i do not agree with his logic of breaking the law and somehow wanting payback for his time of breaking the law.

illegal is illegal
great, he paid into a system(while he was illegal)
he now wants benifits from when he was illegal.

so....we should reward him for breaking the law????
look at it like this, the money he paid into the system and cant get back repaired the roads that he drove on, built the hospitals that he used to have you delivered, and so on.......
i would really like to live in a country that rewards people for breaking the law, just think ....frequent speeder miles, get caught with a dime bag.....you get 3 days and 2 nights in tampa(but you have to tour the condos)...or we could pay scott peterson lost wages for his time on death row.
BUT THATS NOT HERE.

sorry, but the last time i checked the constitution was written for citizens(legal)
and i think somewhere in that document, it allows us to defend ourselves

now ....back to our show......

this is not about mexicans in general, this is about protecting the borders from 7000 unknowns crossing into our country A DAY!!!!!
it took less that 20 hijackers that we knew were here to rock our world, and we are letting in 7000 a day that we dont know. PERIOD!

now....parden me.....i have to shoo away those damn mexicans with weed wackers
last time they got under the house, it took weeks to get them out....

FYI: part mex myself......but that was from the mid 1800's

g

builder/designer of cement monuments at the ranch
naked man w/gun #3 (cirrca 1997 skydiving)
assistant snow cock builder (at the ranch)

> a bunch of armed, untrained zealots patroling the border...this should be interesting.

There was a special reporton the local station about these guys. One 'watch station' positioned atop a small hill was well stocked with both weapons and beer. What better way to spend a lazy friday afternoon?

I heard an interview with one of the leaders. These people are average age around 65 (concerned retirees); if they spot someone, they call the border patrol; if the illegals move at them, they avoid any contact until the patrol arrives. Legal ownership of guns is still ok in this country and is a completely separate issue if members are also gun owners. So is owning and drinking beer.

1 - I would expect here that your "watch station" stocked with guns and beer is likely someone's home. And the press just didn't present it that way for effect and emotional response. If you live in a camper on the airport and owned a gun and a refridgerator, would like it if the local news noted that your dropzone had 'facilities' well stocked with 'military style' weapons (a gun) and excessive amounts of alcohol (6 pack)?

2 - This is more like a 'neighborhood watch', not an out of control vigilante group.

Edit: Separate question - Does anyone here have a basic objection to neighborhood watch groups based on: profiling, harassment, freedom to hang out, etc etc etc? I just want to see who's going to get emotional about little stuff.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

1 - I would expect here that your "watch station" stocked with guns and beer is likely someone's home. And the press just didn't present it that way for effect and emotional response. If you live in a camper on the airport and owned a gun and a refridgerator, would like it if the local news noted that your dropzone had 'facilities' well stocked with 'military style' weapons (a gun) and excessive amounts of alcohol (6 pack)?

You have never been to Zhills.;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

this is not about mexicans in general, this is about protecting the borders from 7000 unknowns crossing into our country A DAY!!!!!
it took less that 20 hijackers that we knew were here to rock our world, and we are letting in 7000 a day that we dont know. PERIOD!

Yeah I remember those Taliban guys ran across the border and jump in those plane.....OR did the United States let them in the front door and handed them the keys to the aircraft themselves.So those storys about the taliban is going to cross the border is FULL OF CRAP.....

Yeah I remember those Taliban guys ran across the border and jump in those plane.....OR did the United States let them in the front door and handed them the keys to the aircraft themselves.So those storys about the taliban is going to cross the border is FULL OF CRAP.....

No one said they did, just that they could. ;)

If Mexicans can run or swim across what is preventing the Taliban from doing the same thing?

Can't the Taliban swim?;)

There is NOTHING wrong with enforcing the LAWS.

Illegal immigration is...well ILLEGAL.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The plain fact is terrorists, arab or otherwise, can cross with the illegals. There are still plenty of them out there that wish ill for the USA.
http://library.nps.navy.mil/home/tgp/tgpndx.htm

Since the government is working on the "front door" vulnerability, wouldn't it make sense to also try to secure the "back door," the border?

So those storys about the taliban is going to cross the border is FULL OF CRAP

First off, the taliban is dead. The concern is terrorist groups, not the defeated thug ruling party of Afghanistan.

Second, any article proposing that Al Qaeda may cross the border is not "full of crap" because it can happen. It may have already happened.

The bottom line is our southern border is a seive, and it allows people in who shouldn't be able to enter, illegals and other, less savory characters.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

would like it if the local news noted that your dropzone had 'facilities' well stocked with 'military style' weapons (a gun) and excessive amounts of alcohol (6 pack)?

Now that's funny - a six pack on a drop zone. Far from excessive and likely to be gone quicker than you can blink.

Now I could understand "...including heaps of empty alcoholic beverage containers and photos of obviously intoxicated people..."
illegible usually