peacefuljeffrey

Florida Power and Light are FUCKING INCOMPETENTS

What a bunch of incompetent motherfucking MORONS!!

I am so fucking angry right now I could chew cinderblocks (and you know how angry I normally seem!)!!

Power went out for me rather late into the hurricane -- about 1 a.m. Sunday. Amazingly, it was restored by 3 p.m. Sunday! We were all very relieved, and the point was driven home by the fact that as of today, I knew people in my town who still did not have power.

But today around 4 p.m. (Wednesday), after having three days of solid, restored electric power, THEY FUCKED SOMETHING UP AND NOW IT'S OFF AGAIN, AND IT HAS BEEN FROM 4 P.M. TODAY THROUGH THIS MINUTE, 3 A.M. THURSDAY!! Oh, and it's ONLY MY SIDE of ONLY THIS FUCKING BLOCK! Right across the motherfucking street, they have power!

What kind of piece of shit incompetent motherfuckers does FP&L have to be to get the power RE-failed?!?!

I hope those fuckers die frying, hanging from a fucking bucket truck. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

]I hope those fuckers die frying, hanging from a fucking bucket truck. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

-

rotflmao... yea that will help you get power back... thats some interesting karma your building there btw.... :S

I am so fucking angry right now I could chew cinderblocks (and you know how angry I normally seem!)!!

Shit dude... if you're even more angry than you normally seem then you should just stick your fingers in the outlet and let all that power flow from outa you and you'll have half the block powered straight away.

The best bit would be you get to bill them for it. ;)

Power went out for me rather late into the hurricane -- about 1 a.m. Sunday. Amazingly, it was restored by 3 p.m. Sunday! We were all very relieved, and the point was driven home by the fact that as of today, I knew people in my town who still did not have power.

But today around 4 p.m. (Wednesday), after having three days of solid, restored electric power, THEY FUCKED SOMETHING UP AND NOW IT'S OFF AGAIN, AND IT HAS BEEN FROM 4 P.M. TODAY THROUGH THIS MINUTE, 3 A.M. THURSDAY!! Oh, and it's ONLY MY SIDE of ONLY THIS FUCKING BLOCK! Right across the motherfucking street, they have power!

What kind of piece of shit incompetent motherfuckers does FP&L have to be to get the power RE-failed?!?!

I hope those fuckers die frying, hanging from a fucking bucket truck. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

-

I do the kind of work you are bitching about>:( Nobody wants to get your power on and keep it on more than those you want to see frying.

One more thing.....lineman have memories longer that elephants. If word of this post would ever get out I would bet my IRA you will be the last SOB tuned on.........

In my world asking for someone to get fried is the same as hoping some one's reserve doesn't work>:(
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I've seen the same stuff before. It is easy to isolate the problem.

I suggest that you take some time and walk down your street. There is probably a tree limb laying across a transformer. With a small area, it shouldn't be difficult to find. Don't get too close. Then, call FP&L and tell them where it is.

If the line is down or touching a tree that is down, they will be more concerned than normal.

>THEY FUCKED SOMETHING UP AND NOW IT'S OFF AGAIN . . . .

Or they intentionally turned it off so they can restore power to someone else, or to replace transformers or switchgear damaged by the storm. Those incompetent bastards!

But seriously, if it bugs you, get an independent power system and make your own. During the rare times that we get blackouts here, I never notice - our system kicks in and runs everything. It's sorta cool seeing our house as the only house for miles with lights on. You can do it really cheaply, too - even big UPSes are pretty cheap nowadays, and small generators, inverters and solar panels are coming down in price. Complaining about people not providing you with power after a storm is pretty pointless; better to use that time and energy to make your own power (if it's important to you.)

It always amazes me that you list "Proofreader" as your occupation. That's quite a vocabulary that you have. :| In reference to the topic of discussion, I'm sure those guys have an incredibly tough job right now. I'd cut them some slack and be thankful for what you do have. It will probably get worse within the next week. [:/]

It's kind of funny. For thousands and thousands of years, humans survived without electricity. And now look at us. Yes I'm sure there are millions of people who are inconvienced right now. But it's not like the power company went around at night time being incompetent and purposely neglected to maintain their power system. Mother Nature played a cruel trick on the people of FL and people need to remember that we humans CAN NOT control that bitch. She controls us.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I hope those fuckers die frying, hanging from a fucking bucket truck.

Nice.

Do you have an undamaged place to live? Food to eat? Water to drink? A vehicle to drive with gas in it? A phone? A job to go to? Expecting a paycheck soon?

If the answer to any/all of those is yes then you're better off than thousands and thousands of other people in FL.

Ever think that some of those FPL employees may wish they could go take care of their property and families instead of working their asses off in the heat and humidity trying to get YOUR power back on?

-

Jeff,

Time to mea culpa.

mh

Well you got your wish. An employee for the power company died this morning when he was supervising a limb-trimming company when a limb fell and killed him.

I believed he worked for Teco but not sure.

Forty-two

Karma baby. I build powerhouses' for a living and you don't have a clue of what it takes to keep your elec flowing. Especially after TWO devastating storms. That was just WRONG>:( Edit to add: could be rolling brownouts/blackouts so some other unfortunate people can have a LITTLE juice. Count your blessings as someone else said;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I've seen the same stuff before. It is easy to isolate the problem.

I suggest that you take some time and walk down your street. There is probably a tree limb laying across a transformer. With a small area, it shouldn't be difficult to find. Don't get too close. Then, call FP&L and tell them where it is.

If the line is down or touching a tree that is down, they will be more concerned than normal.

Um, FP&L has REFUSED any contact from customers since the hurricane. If you called, you got a message saying that they were not responding to calls because of the volume (?!) and of course how busy they are trying to get us back online to buy their overpriced juice. Oh, and their website, as of last night, said that they were "Not currently accepting emails." So YOU tell ME how the hell I should contact them!

As it turns out, my neighbor is the fire marshal. Due probably only to his connections through the Emergency Operations Office for Palm Beach County, he was able to find out from FP&L that a neighbor about three or four doors down called them to complain about a power pole that runs behind his back yard was leaning. THAT is why they SHUT OFF our power. The pole is not going anywhere, and the electricity was being conducted just fine, but this ninny had to go and screw it up for us, because no doubt FP&L is just covering its ass against potential lawsuits.

I apologize for the "wish they fry" comments. I was pretty damned angry at the time. Sleeping last night was misery: earplugs to keep out the noise of my neighbor's fucking generator, and heat and humidity and stagnant air like you would not believe (most of my windows are still shuttered).

Today I took a shower in cold water. Actually, since Florida tap water is never colder than "cool," it ended up being sort of refreshing once I got used to it. I still want my fucking power back on.

FP&L issued statements in the paper that as of 5:01 p.m. Thursday (today) you could call or go to their website to find out about your estimated scheduled resumption of electric power. I entered my account number and the website told me that "my request could not be processed." A manager here at work tried his number, and it told him that "power has been restored" -- and then had YES/NO buttons to answer the question, "Is your power on?"!!! He called his wife, asked her if they had power, she said NO! (six days now) and so he hit "NO," and when the page refreshed, it said, "FP&L is aware of the widespread outages in your area."

SO... WTF?! I STAND by my statement that FP&L -- the bureaucrats there, at least -- are incompetent fuckwads. The rank-and-file linemen, however, are heroes, that is sure. But the logistical people seem to be absolute fucking morons.

-
-Jeffrey

>THEY FUCKED SOMETHING UP AND NOW IT'S OFF AGAIN . . . .

Or they intentionally turned it off so they can restore power to someone else, or to replace transformers or switchgear damaged by the storm. Those incompetent bastards!

Yeah, for 28 hours now.... Thanks bill, it's all clear to me now.

But seriously, if it bugs you, get an independent power system and make your own.

The ease, low cost, and feasibility of this must be why I and all the renters I know are doing this by the score. :S

-
-Jeffrey

Mother Nature played a cruel trick on the people of FL and people need to remember that we humans CAN NOT control that bitch. She controls us.

I don't consider her a bitch. She's beautiful.
It's the fragility of what man has made and put in her path that is the bitch.

I stood out in the hurricane and got rained on just for the sheer pleasure of it on the night it happened. I don'thate the hurricane. I hate the bureaucracy that keeps my power off even though it could just as easily be switched on at this very moment.

Do you understand? One guy's paranoid fear of a sturdy-but-tilted power pole is why about ten families don't have power on my block right now. Across the block, blazing electricity reigns.

-
-Jeffrey

Nice.

Do you have an undamaged place to live? Food to eat? Water to drink? A vehicle to drive with gas in it? A phone? A job to go to? Expecting a paycheck soon?

If the answer to any/all of those is yes then you're better off than thousands and thousands of other people in FL.

Ever think that some of those FPL employees may wish they could go take care of their property and families instead of working their asses off in the heat and humidity trying to get YOUR power back on?

I appreciate you and others pointing out the over-the-topness of my initial post. I made it in utter frustration and anger and disappointment. I don't truly wish death on anyone. Call it frustrated futility, but I needed to vent. Cripes don't you people take stuff seriously!

It's true, I did get through the hurricane 99% unscathed. (I have food in the fridge that's long past no good.) Please don't think that I'm not grateful for that -- or even that I have not articulated my good fortune to people I know here. It's not lost on me, trust me.

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey