funks

Coworker just heard that beheading video is possibly fake?

Coworker just got back from lunch and told me that apparently the latest rumors are that the beheading video is fake and is a ploy by the CIA to draw attention away from the prison abuse photos...Examples cited...

Berg was in a prisoners uniform but he apparently was not a prisoner

The chair that he is seen sitting in at one point is similar to a chair in some of the prison abuse photos

The Iraqis in the video are to large (physically) compared to the average Iraqi

Paint on the wall matches paint on the walls seen in the prisons where the abuse has taken place

One of the Iraqis has trouble reading from a piece of paper he is holding

Their accents are not accurate

Did not hear this myself, heard from a co-worker...so, could this be true? What are your thoughts? What a world of shit we live in!

The chair that he is seen sitting in at one point is similar to a chair in some of the prison abuse photos

Cheap and mass produced?

The Iraqis in the video are to large (physically) compared to the average Iraqi

I'm too short compared to the average english man.

Paint on the wall matches paint on the walls seen in the prisons where the abuse has taken place

Cheap and bland?

One of the Iraqis has trouble reading from a piece of paper he is holding
Their accents are not accurate

Probably not very well educated and almost certainly not from Iraq.

Did not hear this myself, heard from a co-worker...so, could this be true?

Bizzare claim, no credible source or evidence, no it's probably not true.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The mans dead found without his head. Maybe your friend thinks it just fell off? :S
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

We did land on the moon, and that poor man was beheaded. People will say anything sometimes to be part of the "inside story."

The faster this is squashed, the less likely it is that the "fake" story will reach his poor family.

So -- how about those Astros? Man, they can pull defeat right out of the jaws of victory

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Let me say this.... I saw that video unfortunately!

I really wish I hadn't, but I did. If you have any doubt about how authentic it is, I suggest you watch it too. Then have fun trying to get to sleep at night for the next couple days!!!

There is nothing here that hollywood could have reproduced.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Let me say this.... I saw that video unfortunately!

I really wish I hadn't, but I did. If you have any doubt about how authentic it is, I suggest you watch it too. Then have fun trying to get to sleep at night for the next couple days!!!

There is nothing here that hollywood could have reproduced.

1. I'm quite sure it's authentic,

2. You underestimate Hollywood and the CIA.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Why do you talk like Pythia?

It's hard enough to realize that atrocities are part of our world. We/I took the use of living with that.

Do I have to imagine that horror could be increased by ill minds made in Hollywood or at CIA? I am not a beginner but, an adult mother of a big boy and always was sure to stand all, but this time cannot.

I do not want to imagine this is a CIA home-made video. Who can be sure?

Pythia, let's hear[:/]
!

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Unfortunately, and while I haven't seen the vid (and have no intention of doing so...), I don't believe it's fake, or that it's CIA driven.

Tell your co-worker he's welcome to believe anything he wants, but usually it's helpful to understand rumor-mongering before stating faith in a position so untenable.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Oh, and as a side note.... Give the guy playing Berge an Oscar.... Because his cries for his mom and for help were quite believable.. That right before his head lopped to the side. It was nice that the killers did't cut his throat right away so we could here him begging even as the knife was throught 80% of his neck!

Watch it please.... Then come back and talk conspiracy.

I saw the video that is out there too. I told my wife I thought it was fake. NO DOUBT the man is dead(RIP), but the video looked fake as hell. You know when there is something in your head saying this just doesn't look right. The way the people moved, camera angles, audio, and the body part. Everything did not look the right size, and move the way it should. If it is real, it is just a really bad camera job, or I got a hold of a REAL fake. It is hard to tell what you get on the internet, maybe your firend at work got the same one I did?

Are you kidding me?

DO you feel this way because you are used to seeing the "Hollywood Version" of beheadings?

It was maybe a little too real!

You know when there is something in your head saying this just doesn't look right. The way the people moved, camera angles, audio, and the body part.

With all due respect, you've seen enough dead bodies, beheadings, and dismemberment to know, right?

Ciels-
Michele

I have seen the video, and yes it is one of the nastiest things i have ever seen. But why is it all these types of videos are always real grainy, almost blurry? This one to the point where you cant make out the victims face 100%...They are technical enough to upload a video to a server and post it to the internet, (which is kind of a strange action for a group of terrorists) but they cant take a clear video?

I am not saying whether or not i believe it is real or fake, I just dont know. Just wanting to bring up a point that crossed my mind...

forgot to mention...asked my coworker where they heard this and apparently the story is making the rounds on talk radio...

I saw the video that is out there too. I told my wife I thought it was fake.

This based off of what experience with watching terrorists cutting off peoples heads?

The video quality is not good, but I have no doubt that that was video of Berg being killed.

What more evidence do you need than his body being found with his head cut off?

So the terrorists will not win an award for cinematic filming.....I'm willing to bet thats not what they were after.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I am a firm believer in being as educated as possible, and examining all sides of stuff before coming to conclusions. I read stuff from all extremes - with one site being about as extreme as possible, conspiracy theory central... but it usually gives good reason to re-analyze stuff.

They have quite a few things about the Berg case on the lower part of the index page here:

http://www.infowars.com/index.html

Make your own conclusions...
Arianna Frances

Kinda reminds me of the Joker talking to Vicky Vail about her ability to capture the art and essence of death in her photographs.

Exactly how freekin' clear do you need it to be? Are you looking for the HDTV expanded DVD version? What subtle nuance do you think has been left out by the lack of Tarantino quality cinematography? Should the terrorists have used a 3-chip camera and perhaps a a higher shutter speed to capture the spraying blood drops in mid-air? Maybe the use of the Sorenson 3 or perhaps Divx codec would have gotten their point across better?

Get real.

It happened.

Yes, people really are that brutal and don't give a fuck about winning Oscars for their film making talents.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

But why is it all these types of videos are always real grainy, almost blurry? This one to the point where you cant make out the victims face 100%...

Because you and I are used to watching 150K+ cameras shoot things for TV and film. Even in skydiving, there is more money spent on cameras then I would think is spent on a video camera that's been bounced around and used a lot under adverse conditions. Perhaps they are also using old tapes - they can warp easily, and be problematic. Additionally, how many generations of copy do you think you saw? First generation? Or maybe 4, 5, or a dozen?

They are technical enough to upload a video to a server and post it to the internet, (which is kind of a strange action for a group of terrorists) but they cant take a clear video?

Did they upload it, or did they give it to AlJezeera, who then aired it, and then people taped it off their tv sets, uploaded it to a server, and voila, you have a multi-generational copy right then?

As for actually posting things to the internet being odd, I don't think so. Several tapes have made it to the internet, and the internet has become a wonderful communication medium for terrorists' communication.

I am not saying whether or not i believe it is real or fake, I just dont know. Just wanting to bring up a point that crossed my mind...

I understand your questions, but I also think they're indicative of lack of information and lack of understanding. It would be really nice to think that this kind of thing was made up propaganda, that it didn't happen, that people just aren't this basically evil and horrid. But the truth is, they are.

forgot to mention...asked my coworker where they heard this and apparently the story is making the rounds on talk radio...

Has been making the rounds since Tuesday of last week, on internet sites as well as talk radio. Nothing new about this, either. Look at how quickly people were saying there was no Pentagon strike, that the video there didn't capture a plane, and so on. Look at how quickly people were promulgating all sorts of stories about all sorts of things along these lines. It's sad, really. But this kind of speculation and rumor-mongering is nothing new, and nothing unusual.

Ciels-
Michele

Tarantino quality

Those are two words I never thought to see together.

BTW - I believe that man was beheaded. It's a terrible thing. There aren't many 'evil' people in the world, but this shows that some do exist.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants