funks

Coworker just heard that beheading video is possibly fake?

But why is it all these types of videos are always real grainy, almost blurry? This one to the point where you cant make out the victims face 100%...They are technical enough to upload a video to a server and post it to the internet,

Any video you can download off the internet is already been severely compressed and reduced in resolution.

Take miniDV, which is merely consumer grade video. An hour tape dumped to the computer consumes 13gigs of space. That's over 200megs for a single minute. That's not a reasonable size given the current speeds and bandwidth. So you convert it to a low resolution mpeg or WMV, and it's now, say, 7.5 megs. Even that is big enough to blow past ISP allowances for file serving.

The mans dead found without his head. Maybe your friend thinks it just fell off? :S

OMG!!! It's just like the pet parakeet in Dumb & Dumber!!!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Over the last 7 years in my line of work yes I have seen plenty of dead bodies, beheadings, dismemberment, burned bodies, 2 week old drownding victims, electrocutions, falls, run over by cement truck, crushed by 2 rail cars, homeless man cut in half by train, and a man that I had to dig out of 2 feet of mud after his tractor flipped over on him and crushed him. I once sat for 45 minutes bagging a man with no face, and only a 1/4'' tube going into a mess of bloody meat to know what it looks like. More than enough for everyone on DZ.com. I know he was beheaded, and that he is dead, and it was caught on tape. All I am saying is the video I watched looked real iffy. Real video, fake video, poor video hell tricks with mirrors, I really don't give a crap. It just did not look right.

Real video, fake video, poor video hell tricks with mirrors, I really don't give a crap. It just did not look right.

Other than what you've said above, why doesn't it look right, then?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Because his cries for his mom and for help were quite believable

oh my gosh that part was creepy. I think that my dad saying "all men that are being tortured cry for their mommies" was a lot more creepy than the actual video, but I had nightmares and still do. I am glad I watched it with my dad, and I know for sure it is not a fake, maybe the CIA killing him for being a traitor, maybe, but a fake beheading, yeah right. it is true that a head can move for a couple of minutes after being beheaded. So it is very believeable that he would keep screaming until his voice box was cut and keep blinking afterwards. I have the video and will email it to those that pm me their email addresses, but I don't think it is something that should be seen, because it is creepy and sickening.

oh yeah and do you really think the guys family wants to hear that it is a fake? He is after all dead and headless. So the video came out after they found the body, but maybe it took them that long to post it.

The reaction that he had on his face before and after the incident.

The reaction Berg had on his face after? He was dead. He didn't have much control of any reaction at that point. He may very well not have been aware of what was in store for him, and thus had no "reaction" prior to it.

The objects used, and the orientation to how they were used.

Which objects? The video camera? The knife? What orientation are you talking about? I don't think they had a guillotine handy, do you?

Lack of things that should have happened, and diddn't.

Such as?

Come on, if you're going to try to articulate your position, try harder. Be more specific. Nebulous "orientation", "expression", and "weapons" don't do anything to further your position (and in fact weaken it). I've read your other posts. You're not that gullible, and you are far more articulate than what you just posted.

:S

Ciels-
Michele

I was dancing around trying to not get into the details of a sensitive subject. I will not talk about it any further. The last thing I am going to say is that it just looked funny to me, and not in a comic way. It for all I know it may be real, just seemed off.

How could he already be dead if he was screaming while it was being done?

C'mon, quade. Get with the latest conspiracy theories already. ;) Supposedly, it was a woman's scream, and it was dubbed in over the video tape, as were most of the sounds.

Of course, I think that's a whole bunch of hooey. I've seen the detritus of violent death, and there's nothing that I can think of on this tape that I've heard is inconsistent with the wholesale throat slitting of a human being, despite what some folks think.

Ciels-
Michele

All these theories have one major flaw -- they're stupid.

The purpose of the video is obvious, to prove to us that no matter how f'ed up we might think we are in our treatment of prisoners -- they are the most f'ed up people on the planet.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And there you have it, the Quade Test.

People, if Quade thinks that the conspiracy theory is a load of hooey, then damn, you've got nothing. :D

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

All these theories have one major flaw -- they're stupid.

Well, of course. But you can't negate someone's theory simply because it's stupid. How would they feel???

The purpose of the video is obvious, to prove to us that no matter how f'ed up we might think we are in our treatment of prisoners -- they are the most f'ed up people on the planet.

Yup. IMHO, they win that particular pissing contest rather handily.

Ciels-
Michele

Hey, at least I can usually weed through the crappy ones and the ones that actually have some potential at being based in reality.

Seriously, 99% of all conspiracy theories just don't pass the basic test of making any sense.

I think the last one I bought into was the theory that Iraq had WMDs, but even at that point I didn't think we should go to war over it.

Jimbo, wanna put up a bet right now on whether the Hersh article is based in reality or not? I think if you check my record on the subject you'll see I was saying there was far more to the prison abuse story at least as far back as April 30. I had even gotten one of the civilian contracting companies likely to be involved correct.
quade -

I think the last one I bought into was the theory that Iraq had WMDs,

There's your problem dude...it wasn't a theory. :S:P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Wow, you better go dig up the corpses of the hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis and Iranians and rebuild the villages that were wiped out. They'll be glad to know it was a mistake or something... :S
Make light!

I'm sorry but GWB and Powell didn't march into Iraq because of something Saddam did in ancient history. GWB and Powell told the U.S. and the U.N. that Iraq still had WMDs and posed a threat to the U.S..

This simply has not been proven despite over a year of looking on our part. GWB and Powell said they KNEW where the WMDs were. I bought into that concept and fully expected them to march into one of Saddam's captured palaces and show the world where the UN inspection teams had failed. They didn't and they couldn't because it was all a myth.

Yes, I have no doubt that in the ancient past Saddam did have poison gas programs, but that's NOT what GWB was talking about.

It's amazing to me how you still can defend that position. It appears as if you didn't just drink the Kool-aid -- you went back for seconds.
quade -

I'm sorry but GWB and Powell didn't march into Iraq because of something Saddam did in ancient history. GWB and Powell told the U.S. and the U.N. that Iraq still had WMDs and posed a threat to the U.S..

Not just the US, but the world.

And who would think otherwise, you have a country that had invaded two of its neighbors in recent memory, lobbed ballistic missiles at another, plotted to assassinate one of our presidents in addition to countless other acts of "terror" (like sending money to the families of jihadists who blow themselves up)...all of that, while thumbing its nose at the UN (while bending it over to funnel funds from oil-for-food to the tune of billions) and the world.

...oh yeah, and the video of Nick Berg is not fake (just my .02).
Make light!

I don't belive that the moon landing occured in 1969 but I do belive this guy had his head cut off.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Actions of a current regime are hardly ancient history, and it was many of his actions that lead to Act II. (But not the ones done against Iran - we encouraged the two nations to have at it)

First of all, know that i haven´t seen a dead body ever, and this is the first snuff movie i see. (and hopefully last).
The video does look strange. I would think that a beheaded body would bleed a lot, and there is almost no blood on the movie. But i think that if Berg was already dead, since his heart would not be pumping there wouldn´t be mnuch blood coming out. That would explain it.
Also, at some point he should have realized they were going to kill him. Why didn´t he struggle? he wasn´t pinned to the floor to the point that he couldn´t move at all. Not that it would have changed anything, but anyone would struggle when facing a violent death.