Greg

Earth Lights

EARTH LIGHTS
A friend sent me the following and it is pretty neat!
This image is a panoramic view of the world from the new Boeing-built space station. You can scroll East-West and North-South. Canada's population is almost exclusively along the U.S. border. Moving
east to Europe, there is a high population concentration along the coast of the Mediterranean. Check out the development of Israel compared to the rest of the Arab countries. Note the Nile River, The Outback of Australia and the TransSiberian Rail Route. Moving east, most striking is the difference between North and South Korea.
Truly unique! It is an absolutely awesome picture of the Earth taken
from
the Boeing built Space Station. Pull up the following site:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg

Yeah, I like it too. I have not had the night jump experience, and even though I dont believe I would ever have the oppertunity to exit from this altitude, Its kinda cool to sit in front of my computer in a "box man" with this picture up and wish!!

the new Boeing-built space station

uhh - Boeing didn't build the whole Internation Space Station... Lockheed Martin and Honeywell are just 2 of the other American companies with major contibutions. Other member countries of the team are Russia, Japan, Canada, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, France, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Brazil.
Yes, there is intelligent life outside the borders of the USA - even in the UK!!! Mike, I hope you are all "pink and fuzzy" again today - heads up though, 'cause the MIR space station is coming down in just a few hours. Better take your brolly with you if you head outdoors today! :)

up-down-right-left, where?!?!?!
don't even say north east west and south i suck a geogrphy!

Remind me to never let you spot!
Okay. See the Mediterranean there? See the coastline on the east (alright, Right hand edge) That's Israel, the bottom half of the right-hand eedge. Another way to orient:
See the Nile? It's that brightly lit up curvy line leading upward into the bottom of the Mediterranean. Now head alittle up and to the right. That brightly-lit coastal area is Israel.
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"