Dutchboy

Jet Jumps anyone?

>It seems that Delta will let you rent a 727-200 for only $1800/hr. Now all we need
> is 3 pilots who are rated to fly it, and a couple hundred jumpers and we'll be in
> business
Well, and someone who is willing to give you a form 337 for 727 flight with the door removed. I have a feeling that would be tough, and that Delta would not be inclined to help you do it.
-bill von

I don't think it would require a 337 since this is not a major alteration. It might require an A&P with IA to bless a field alteration. Or if someone forgot to close the door and also forgot to presurize the cabin, some of the passengers might get sucked out.
Oh yeah, and these are regular airliners with seats. So we could just chill until it was jump time. :)The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

It seems that Delta will let you rent a 727-200 for only $1800/hr. Now all we need is 3 pilots who are rated to fly it, and a couple hundred jumpers and we'll be in business.

Well, as for the crew......that is included in the hourly rate, I'm sure....they won't let just anybody fly the things.. As for the jumpers.....we can fill it.. Let's see....in an hour(flight time), we could make 4 loads, easily.. Say 150 people per load, conservatively.. Sounds like $3 per jump ticket.......hmmmmm.....you sure it didn't say eighteen THOUSAND, not eighteen HUNDRED dollars per hour? My jet is 1800 per hour, and it's nowhere near the size of a 727........but, hey, even if it is 18,000 an hour, that means $30 jump tickets....
Set it up man......if you schedule it, they will come.. ;)
Mike

I want Clay and Justin to be the flight attendants. And everyone must promise to smack them on the ass as they sashay by.

Jessica,
I don't think the whole plane getting in on it is a good idea, but you can smack my ass anytime. And I'll show you what first-class service is all about. ;)
Justin
My Homepage

you sure it didn't say eighteen THOUSAND, not eighteen HUNDRED dollars per hour?

The military says over $5,000 per hour for a C-130 and around $1800 per hour for an H-60. Got to agree with Mike, there's probably a zero missing somewhere.
Is it hot in here, or am I crazy? - Charles Manson
flyhi
B|

80 jumpers comfortably, but this from the herc boogie site
www.herculesboogie.com
"Overloading the Hercules was very easy, due to its large, square cargo hold. Proof of this fact was provided in 1975, when the last Herk left Vietnam. Just as the Communist troops invaded the air base at Tan Son Nhut, the Hercules took off with its cargo of refugees, needing every inch of the 11,500 feet runway to become airborne. The reason for this became clear when the 'plane was unloaded in Thailand and it was discovered that there were 452 refugees aboard and the excess weight over 9 tons"

i was in the air force...
you could easily get more than 80, and still easily be within weight and balance, but most people would have to stand for the entire ride, and let me tell you, a 130 can get rather bumpy
but hey i'm in
hisgoofyness
its a bird, its a plane, no wait, its one goofy s.o.b.