scottbre

License Survey

I finally got a C license so I could get a coach rating. 55 more jumps and I'll be qualified for my D. Assuming I jump through all the "hoops" on those 55 jumps. I haven't logged any "night" jumps yet. Unfortunately, darkness doesn't mean it was a night jump......:D
"I have 145 jumps so I don't even know how to pull yet."-Clay

The disparity in the views versus clicks may come from people like myself, who have over a hundred jumps, but no license.......so I wen't ahead and clicked "Student."
Just seems every weekend I'm at the DZ wanting to get my A-License card signed and worked on everyone's too busy....
Oh well.....I've still been able to jump where-ever I go, including Deland....

Well over D qualified. Don't current DZ doesn't have a target, so I'm a little unsure about how honestly I'm suposed to approach the accuracy requirement.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Regarding the lack of votes (and yes, I did)....dont forget about all the anonymous/non-registerd and lurker folks out there who read but don't post....
Ciels and Pinks-
Michele
If you really want to, you can seize the day; if you really want to, you can fly away...
~enya~

Well over D qualified. Don't current DZ doesn't have a target, so I'm a little unsure about how honestly I'm suposed to approach the accuracy requirement.

I don't think it has to be a "physical" target. Can't ya be aiming for any spot? I guess if there's no landmarks to judge distance from it could be tough but could ya just pick a place to land from 1000 feet and estimate how close you come?
Dave
http://www.skydivingmovies.com

I don't think it has to be a "physical" target. Can't ya be aiming for any spot? I guess if there's no landmarks to judge distance from it could be tough but could ya just pick a place to land from 1000 feet and estimate how close you come?

I did that on my B and C. I guess I'd just like this one to be done properly. I'm thinking I'm gonna bring a can of spraypaint out to the DZ this summer.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

I did that on my B and C. I guess I'd just like this one to be done properly. I'm thinking I'm gonna bring a can of spraypaint out to the DZ this summer.

Hey, just a thought...if you're gonna go to all that trouble, why not get your PRO accuracy landings signed off in the effort? :)
blues,
ltdiver

Man I feel sorry for B and C...they just kinda get left in the dust!!! "dont woory little C i'll come get you this summer and take you in"......

Remind me again what I have to gain in getting a D????? except more paperwork, and the ability to impress people who think having a D makes you a good skydiver? ;)
Remster
Muff 914

There'd be a damn sight less USPA D license holders if it wasn't for the low 200 limit for a D license!!
Now a 1000 jump minimum for D license is much more reasonable! People might just about have got some experience by then!
B.

"I don't think it has to be a "physical" target. Can't ya be aiming for any spot? I guess if there's no landmarks to judge distance from it could be tough but could ya just pick a place to land from 1000 feet and estimate how close you come?"

Well actually.... this was discribed to me as 'cheating,' and I gotta say I agree. Picking a spot at 1000ft when you're getting ready to start your landing pattern seems more like you're determining where you're GOING to land, not where you WANT to land. For good accuracy jumps, pick a spot on the ground before you get in the plane, then try to hit it.
Now, I'm not saying I haven't fudged a bit here & there, or that I won't in the future.... I'm just sayin! ;)
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

Then maybe we should have an "E" License to pacify those who feel inadequate with their "D" License.
Let me ask you this: "Are BPA D license skydivers better than USPA D license skydivers?" Tough to answer.
It's all about the license fees. Without it and other programs USPA will not exist.....

"Are BPA D license skydivers better than USPA D license skydivers?"

My very opinionated answer to that question would definitely be Yes!
Seems like a hard question to answer, but think of it this way, how many people do you know with only 200 jumps that are better than say your S&TA, or Joe-Blow-Shmoe, who has 1000 jumps?
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

Let me ask you this: "Are BPA D license skydivers better than USPA D license skydivers?" Tough to answer.

No, but a newly qualified BPA D license holder does have 800 more jumps than a USPA D license holder..... I don't think 200 jumps makes anybody an *expert* skydiver. I recall reading an interview with a Golden Knight who felt that 500 jumps was a better requirement for the D license - he felt that in 500 jumps you would probably have had to deal with one or two scary situations which a lot of people don't in their first 200 jumps. Remember the 200 jump number dates back to the "pre-turbine" days, when it could easily take people 5 or more years to get 200 jumps in. These days any kiddy with a bit of money can clock up 200 jumps in under 6 months - are they *experts*?
Personally I reckon 1 000 jumps for a D license is a bit much, but 500 would probably be a better number. I know Australia uses E (and F?) numbers for higher jump numbers. And I read that Roger Nelson wants some kind of license or special number for USPA skydivers who reach 1 000 jumps.
Might keep people from getting too cocky when they reach 200 and think they are *experts*....
Will
"Don't die until you're dead"