hooked

Are you a morning person?

I found this poem and was wondering how many of you are morning people? Hopefully no one will be offended by the poem. I can't say, I would go to that extreme, but generally I'm not a morning person.
J
"The Morning Poem"
I woke early one morning,
The earth lay cool and still
When suddenly a tiny bird,
Perched on my window sill,
He sang a song so lovely
So carefree and so gay,
That slowly all my troubles
Began to slip away.
He sang of far off places
Of laughter and of fun
It seemed his very trilling
brought up the morning sun.
I stirred beneath the covers
Crept slowly out of bed,
Then gently shut the window
And crushed his f%&#ing head.

I am TOTALLY a morning person. I usually get up fresh, not early but eager.
I am lucky and can work from home alot. So 7:00am in my jammies, on the computer drinking my Starbucks is the most productive time of the day. I get so much accomplished when I don't have the Days Drama's weighing on me.
I crash early though. Pass Out Paula, as I'm loving refered to.
Blue Skies
Fly Your Slot !

Pass Out Paula, as I'm loving refered to.

hehehe, wow, gotta hold myself back there.
I, on the other hand, am described perfectly by the poem. Driving truck has it's advantages. I set my own hours, so I tend to drive most of the night, and sleep away most of the morning.
Rev Jim
A-39869
"It's just what I do..."

After 3 cups of Jet Fuel I am cool....
Before that.... you take your own chances
And I never remember anything prior to 10 am.
Cyber said he was trying to talk to me but I said........ I was talking to George Formans wife about this new thing I saw on late night infomercial. And I told Sheneekwaboboo to sue them.
I dont remember any of that. But he remembers the name I used especially.
Then he asked me where is the remote control and.... I told him it was in the filing cabinet. He asked me where is the filing cabinet and I told him.... it was in my butt.
I have no idea..........
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Levin in RW suit.. I have pictures!!!

Isn't it irritating to be with a morning person, and you aren't a morning person? Especially when they start talking and talking and talking. I just want some quiet in the morning at least for an hour or so, have a cup of coffee, read the paper......
J

My body and my mind don't get along well. Body wants to wake up and get moving at 6:30 every morning, mind doesn't begin to focus for at least an hour or two (or a pot of coffee or so) later than that. I can really live up to my screen name in the mornings....
pull & flare,
lisa

I am a person in the morning but thats about it... Unless its a jumping day then im out of bed and ready to go and usually wake up before the alarm around 6 am any other day you cant pull me out of bed before 10, when i do get up my body wont function til around noon.
Blue Skies
Joe
"Knowledge is the antidote to fear."
--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's the way it is with me. I don't sleep late, it's just I need some time to get moving. I don't like going to bed early either, but I don't sleep in late. I guess I just don't get much sleep! Just give me an hour to get fully awake and I'm fine.
J

I can really live up to my screen name in the mornings....

I am somewhat similar -- I hate to get up in the AM, but I do some of my best, most productive work early in the day! (When I have work, been gainfully unemployed since 19 June 2001 -- dang tech market...) :(
Had a cow-orker that warned everyone not to even greet me in the morning until I greeted them, lest they face the wrath of "Mt. St. Ceman".:D

Can yooou say "Passive-Aggressive"? Great poem! I remember hearing a similar version years ago that was used as a cadence by some friends in the 82nd Airborne. It went like this:
A yellow bird
with a yellow bill
landed on my window sill.
I coaxed him in
with crumbs of bread,
then I crushed
his F***ing head!
And by the way, morning is my favorite time of the day. I don't always have an easy time getting out of bed, but if I sleep past 7am (I'm usually up by 5:30 or 6:00am) or stay up past about 10 pm (even if I'm not partying) I pretty much feel like shit all day. I find the older I get, the more this is true.
G. Jones
"Why don't they have a light bulb that only shines on things that are worth looking at?"

I am definetely not a morning person. However, I am forced to wake up at 6am every morning to shower, shit and shave before leaving for student teaching at 6:45am. One good thing is that I am done student teaching at 2:42pm and come home to nap.
I would do good on a job that I could work from home and make my own hours.
Oh well. That's life. :)JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.

I have ALWAYS been a night person, I hate wakeing up and I hate going to sleep, which doesn't work too well when one has a 8-4 job. My parents hated it caus' I would always sneek downstairs to watch t.v. after everyone went to bed :)Guess I'll have to concentrate on meeting a night time kinda guy. ;)
SKYDIVING GAVE ME A REASON TO LIVE....

Night person.
From Monty Python:
A PORT SHOEM BY THE SPEVERENT ROONER
I've a Gouse and Harden in the country
An ace I call my plown,
A treat I can replace to
When I beed to knee alone
Catterfly and butterpillar
Perch on beefy lough
And I listen to the dats and cogs
As they mark and they biaow
Yes wature here is nunderful
There is no weed for nords
While sitting by my windowflutter
Biny little tirds
Speed Racer
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"

Hmm....who could you be talking about?!

Who says I am talking about you???

I thought you would be driving her?

Yeah....right....sure.....whatever...
Cheers....vasbyt
marc
"I have no fear of falling, I just hate hitting the ground"-The Badlees...