sunshine

I need good beer

Ok, i've finally decided to start drinking beer. Drinking my fruity girly drinks is getting way too expensive. I need to know what's a good beer for beginners. Maybe i'll eventually work my way up to the more advanced beers...but for now i'm just a beer virgin. ;):)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

there is no good beginner beer. Beer all tastes the same to "virgins" so it won't really matter what kind you get. Just my opinion, but to be honest, most beer still tastes the same to me.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Well i was having this discussion with someone last night and decided to just turn it into a post to get others opinions. I'm disappointed though, if all beer tastes the same, that means it's all yucky. Damn, maybe i'd be better off finding a sugar daddy to keep buying me the fruity stuff...;)

I hear ya!
AFter my first AFP jump my JM gave me beer...my first in years! At first, I was gonna say No, thanx, I don't like beer... But considering the momentous occassion and the spirit in which it was offered, I happily accepted...And it wasn't bad! I'm not sure who makes this particular type, but it was good and had a clean crisp taste: ICE BOX...something or other.
Hey, give us some in-put here. I need help with this too, especially since I'LL OWE BEER big time when I graduate from AFP & student status the middle of October!!!

Sure, but one of the job requirements is that you can't be married.

I know, I know. I was actually hoping you weren't taking applications, so I wouldn't wonder what I was missing out on. Now I'll just have to picture your applications and the follow-up "auditions". Of course, that will leave me in a condition where I am unable to stand up or leave my desk all day for fear of embarassment. :$ ;)

I usually stick to the lights-bud, coors or michelob. You can get 12 longnecks for about $8.50, and they have that great watered down taste so they don't taste too beery. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

what's a good beer for beginners

Hey Sunshine! Just about ANYTHING American if "less filling, tastes awful" will do. Most Canadian brew tastes about the same but with more alkie-haul.

American:

Anchor Brewing Co's Liberty Ale (San Fransisco) is fantastic - about half way between standard Domestic stuff anf those "skunky" European brews like Grolsch (Dutch, another favorite, comes in a flip top 20 oz green bottle).

Canadian: Moosehead (Atlantic regional) or Alexander Keith's have some actual taste at regular beer prices.

European: Grolsch (as above) for the cool botle factor, maybe a bit heavy for a beginner. France has a nice pilsner called "Kronenbourg 1664". the 'Checks' have THE standard called "Pilsener Urquel" - it's actually the model that the Budweiser people ripped off over a century ago. Italy's offer (do you wear a Z1?) is a beer called Moretti. For your German taste you could try Warsteiner (pronounced VAR-schtein-ner) or Dortmunder. Most taste better out of a proper beer glass.

I plead ignorance to the Nordic beers, I think they go more forthe spirits as local drinks. UK stuff, well, just pick something - you won't like it because it is SUPPOSED to be consumed WARM and FLAT, and it's not really like "Beer" at all. Of course, that's what the Brits say about what "we" call beer.

Feeling semi-tropical? Try the basic offerings from Mexico - Sol and Corona. Great with a wedge of lime . Carribean? Jamaica's Red Stripe, mon. Cool stubbly bottle - just like all Canadian beer once had. Aah, nostalgia.

What do I drink a the DZ? Mostly the cheap local crap to preserve jump tix $'s ;)

Never go thirsty. Rehydrate or Die :P
The Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Try Smirnoff Ice, if beer doesn't float your boat......I like it but its wayyyyy too easy to quaff....B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

For starters, I recommend free beer. I didn't really start enjoying beer till I had Bud Light from a keg free all summer long....every night except for Thurs.

I once disliked the taste of beer as well :o But, the one beer I always enjoyed was Corona with a lime. I'll even buy you a lime bomber! (I'm just wanting to see one in person!)

I have moved on to "actual" beers now. There goes my paycheck :(
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

If you wanna drink something less beery, try a Blanche. They typically have a slight citrus flavor.

Some Blanches:
Blanche de Chambly (Unibrou Quebec micro brew) http://www.unibroue.com/, or for you franco-deficient yanks ;)http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm
Grasshopper (Big Rock Alberta micro)http://www.bigrockbeer.com/

They are more expensive then non micros, but worth it IMHO
Remster

I used to be a girl-drink drunk. Colorado Bulldogs, Fuzzy Navels, Pink Squirrels, etc. The only kind of shot I'd take was a Buttery Nipple.

Then I began majoring in journalism, a profession more focused on beer consumption than the general public would probably be comfortable knowing.

The very first beer I drank was Samuel Adams Cherry-Wheat. I had 8 of them. In 5 hours.

Now, I love beer. All kinds. And I shoot tequila!
Skydiving is for cool people only

Sample packs are great: Sam Adams, Pete's, Harpoon, etc. You get 3 or four beers of each type for about $12.

Bavaria is a good light beer. Not watered down, not skunky and up there with Rolling Rock or Heiniken. I see it on sale a lot for $8 a 12-pack.

Once you get your beer legs, move up to Boilermakers! Watch out- Muhahahahahah!

OMG, there are so many different kinds of beer. Thanks you for all the suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming. I'll go buy some tomorrow and let you know what i got and how i liked it.:)

And I shoot tequila!

You are a better woman than I. Tequila bad. I get in trouble when I drink tequila. Every time.

Beer I can talk about though. Although I only drink the inexpensive, canned, American stuff when it's free... I do prefer "lighter" beers (read: Beginner Beer ;)). A few that I like - Pacifico, Corona, Rolling Rock, Shiner (damn you AggieDave for letting me have some, now I have to go to Texas to get more!), Pyramid Hefeweizen and pretty much any microbrewed "pale ale."