FreeFlyHol

How many beers does it take...

A massage therapist who gets buzzed off of less than a beer!?!?!?!? Will you marry me:P.

For me, it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes I'll snap a buzz off 3. Sometimes I can put back a dozen without gettin too messed up.

I got nuthin

At 5'8" and about 220-230# you would think I could hold my liquor better. I get a buzz off of two 3.2% beers.

Any more than that and it's either nap time or time for me to see if I really can launch my Stiletto from the top of a convenience store.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I'm from the land of Beer, Brats, and Cheese. As one well known comic put it:

"I have finally figured out what it is with you people up here in Wisconsin. It seems somehow you managed to get a Federal Grant for drinking...

I grew up on beer. Now, it depends on what I am drinking. Any decent import (I prefer Heineken), and I start getting a buzz around 6-8 beers.
Watered down local stuff (ex. Bud Light) I feel the buzz around a 12 pack.
Hard Liquor......if mixed properly, I'll go all night with a slight buzz, while shots do me in after 5 or 6 (if I'm drinking beer a the same time).
Wine....Ha! My father and I take a JUG of port or a dark red with us ice fishing, finish it, and come home for more. Not even a buzz, but it does keep us warm inside....

I never realized how bad we were up here until I started traveling and drinking with others around the country. When Peanut over on the wreak says "Never try to outdrink a cheesehead" he ain't kidding.

EDIT: p.s. I'm only about 5'10" and 160 pounds too.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Let's see.......i'm on beer #3 and I feel pretty good.

If you think you feel pretty godd, wait till you feel.....hold it, that's too old of a line.

~slaps self~
It's your life, live it!

Hey, we'll give ya credit - at least you have a taste for the 'finer' beer of the world - not one of those wussy 'lite' excuses for ale. ;)

For me - it all depends how quickly it's consumed - did 3 pitchers of Guinness one night the year before last (on a work night at that) - felt great for the first few hours, moderately buzzing after the second pitcher - not so fine after the third one. [:/]
Other times, if I take my time, 2 or 3 pints pretty guarentee I won't be going near an automobile that night.

I think at about 7 beers I am drunk, but I don't really know. . Usually after 6 I stop counting because the six pack is gone and have moved on to something else. It does, however, depend on if I have eaten or not. Two will give me a good buzz on an empty stomach.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

To get a buzz, usually about 6-8, to get a good solid buzz, usually atleast a 12-pack. To get drunk? I'll drink a case or mix in some hard liquor. Either way I'm a very expensive drunk.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Normally start buzzing after the second and after about 7 I am surely intoxicated. I generally don't mess with hard liquor cause when I do I have already had some beer and will start feeling pretty bad and probibally puke, also seem to get worse hangovers as well. Actually I got sick at a keg party this past weekend and I have not done that in several yearsB|.

If you look up the definition of 'cheap drunk', you'll find my name. Although, since I started hanging out at the dz after the beer light comes on, my tolerance has gone up.;) Now I can drink one whole cooler and only feel tipsy, not actually drunk.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Rev Jim,
glad to see another cheesehead here. I know there are more, but how appropriate to find you on an alcohol thread. Something like WI has the highest alcohol consumption per capita. And a good football team.
The real problem in WI is binge drinking and alcohol poisoning. Seriously, college kids die every year here on their 21st birthday trying to do the whole "21 shots" thing for a birthday party.
The real trick to drinking isn't how many, but staying mostly in control of myself. Otherwise I really go off on a tangent. Worse than seen here before. And getting thrown out of bars? Easy. The real trick is to drink half a pitcher, have the bartender cut me off, and have the waitress refund full price on a half drank pitcher. At least I still have some good talents.
Peace,
Thomas

Gotta know, since you are also from Wisconsin.....

You say you are into BASE now.....

Where the hell in Wisconsin did you find a place where BASE is possible?
It's your life, live it!

Friday night at ZHills...I drank two bottles of wine and 6 pints of Tetley's ale. Danced the pogo around the fire pit. Other stuff too... . Slept for 3 hours woke up and had a pretty active Saurday.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

On saturday i had 5 smirnoff ices in about 1/2 hour. I don't remember much of that night.... Apparently at some point i decided the bottle was too heavy to pick up so i was using a straw to suck it down.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Not too many beers (I start to feel the effects after 4 or 5 pints, get drunk soon after that). I can drunk tequila like it's water though B|

-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

And that is why you decided to betray us good people and not come to ZHills. Ha, you missed me chasing naked Terrasino all over the DZ and slapping his butt with a wet towel....
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

...for you to get DRUNK?!

I have to admit that I'm a cheap date and can get a nice buzz off of a half pint of Guiness.

Last night I consumed 5 :S and felt like a rockstar...that was until this morning.

I have the unfortunate ability to not get drunk off Beer alone. I can pound away the beer's all night and still not get S-faced. It takes some Shots as well as Beer's to do the job for me. Maybe if I funneled the Beer's really fast It would work, but then I would probably get sick so all that Beer would go to waste.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!