Iflyme

Lotsa tears at my house today

It was not my intention to be rude.

I see little grey in my life. It's black and white. Pet ownership is but one remove from slavery.

I own no pets, although I understand peoples needs to share their lives with the lives of animals they have chosen.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Tonto,
I don't mean to be rude either, but I think your comments are way out there. The dogs I've owned over the years were well cared for, and loved, and thought of as members of our family (not as slaves). It makes since to me to put an animal out of it's misery when they are suffering and have no chance for recovery. I think you need to have some compassion for those who are suffering rather than throwing stones at them. Steve1

Frank you are so well restrained!! I applaud you! I'd a just told'em ta fuck off.. he may have issues, we all do, sure picked an inappropriate way to voice them, maybe a topic for another thread, not this one...
PM me your address again,, can't find it in my new PC,, that video is done!!

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

I guess it's good that you don't have pets in your house. When ever I have meet people that don't like animals, that's a sure sign to me that they lack caring and loving emotions. :(
I think it's a great idea that you never have contact with animals.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Frank - like I told you last night, I think what you did was a wonderful gift to both Jackson and your family. As a child I was not present when a wonderful dog of mine was put down. I was not able to say thank you, I love you and goodbye to this incredible family member.

You gave Jackson the dignity and honor of letting him go in the arms of his family, surrounded by sights and smells that he knew and adored. You gave yourself and your family the opportunity to guide him out with love, in security and in peace...and allowed you all to have the opportunity to say "thank you, I love you, and goodbye" to someone who'd been there for the girls' entire life, and much of you and your wife's life.

It is an admirable thing you did, my friend.

I had a cat die, in great pain, in my arms, on the way to the third vet that day. If I had been given the choice, I would have put him down with love, instead of the terror and immense pain of congestive heart failure. Needless to say, the original vet should've put him down. Tron had no chance, but I didn't know - and there, on the freeway, I held Tron, and tried to console him and comfort him, and let him go.

Tonto, your behavior and attitude is atrocious. Get some grey into your life - some love, some compassion, some caring for a fellow human. Your post could be taken no other way than as a harsh judgment on a man who, had you lurked and watched, is a man of huge heart and gigantic spirit. You'd be best served by watching Frank and learning from him.

Frank, you are loved. You did the right thing. You will continue to be in my heart with this trying time.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

There are many, many shades of grey. There is absolutely nothing that is pure black or pure white. And to try and keep everything so compartmentalized and try and force things to fit into one or another will only deprive you of some of the very best things in life.

I've owned many pets and none of them were "slaves." They were my family...my children. Quite frankly, I treated them better than I treated myself. If I had an extra $5 and was chosing between McDonalds meal for me or a toy for them...the toy would be my choice.

And, you chosing not to own a pet is your decision. However, to have said what you did when a family is suffering from the loss of a loved one - that happens to be a dog - was cruel. I think you owe the family an apology.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Tonto,

I have had pets my entire life. All have been beloved family members. The decision to euthanize a pet comes from the heart. Its selfish to keep a pet alive because YOU can't let go. You need to look at the quality of the animal's life and put its needs above your own. If the animal is beyond a vets help and their suffering is greater than their enjoyment of life, then its time to let them go, and let them go as humanely as possible. Animals, like most humans, want to live and die with peace and dignity. And, when it IS time, to be able to die at home surrounded by people who love you is a great gift, whether you are a dog or a man. I'm sorry you don't see it that way.

You post WAS rude, thoughtless and insensitive.

maura

I'm so sorry to hear about Jackson. I've had pets my entire life and have known what comfort they can give, and receive, being part of the family. It will be hard for your girls, but they will come through it and I'm sure they will understand that they gave him a better life then some poor creatures ever know.

I pity Tonto. It's like skydiving, you either understand or you don't. I've gotten used to more people not understanding then those that do the bond I feel with animals in general, particularly my pets. Those who don't 'get it' are missing out, not us.

Take care and hug your girls lots.

Pam

I pity Tonto.

I don't. I hope he never walks around because if he does he probably murders slugs and bugs. I certainly hope he doesn't eat any kind of animal products. If he does he's a MURDERER! Or at least a giant, not-thinking-before-he-types hypocrite.

Putting a pet down is a horrible decision, but ultimately a very unselfish one. Hugs to you, Frank.
Skydiving is for cool people only

We had to do that awhile back when one of our dogs got some kind of cancer-don't remember the exact name of it, be she went from very energetic and playful to extremely sick in a couple of weeks, couldn't even move, and had to be put to sleep. Really sucks. She was only like 5 or 6. I know how it feels, dude.:(

I hope he doesn't eat any kind of animal products. If he does he's a MURDERER! Or at least a giant, not-thinking-before-he-types hypocrite.

Very good point..do you eat meat Tonto?

Putting a pet down is a horrible decision, but ultimately a very unselfish one. Hugs to you, Frank

Agreed. A very difficult choice to make but a humane and kind one.

I just find it easier to pity someone who is so incredibly insensitive and unkind then to argue with them, because they obviously have no sense or decency so it will fall on deaf ears, frustrating only myself. There's not a lot you can say to someone who would say something like that at all, especially in the manner and place that it was said.

There's not a lot you can say to someone who would say something like that at all, especially in the manner and place that it was said.

I totally agree but have one more thing to add...If a person shows this much lack of sensitivity and concern, could he/she ever be trusted to jump with? I have been under the impression for a number of years now that to jump with someone, one should be able to trust that person to care enough to look out for both himself and the person he is jumping with. After all, every time I go out the door with someone, I've placed my safety in his/her hands, partially. I know that ultimately, my life and responsibilities are my own. I just don't think that I would ever, under any circumstances, jump with such a callous skydiver.

FFF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

My sister and I have been in your daughter's shoes. We once lost a puppy after having her for only a few months. About three weeks after Whimsey died (the puppy, a black and white Bearded Collie), my sister and I came home to a new brown and white Bearded whom we named Molly Brown. She stayed with us a long, long time.

Anyway, I hope that you may consider a new puppy for your family in the near weeks. Dogs are the best, their unconditional love is what makes any work in having them worth it... :)

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I'm sorry man, I've had my dog since my 5th birthday, he's now 15 and he's been my best friend through all the good times and bad. When no one else was there, and when no one else understood, Chief was always right there. My condolences...

I see little grey in my life. It's black and white. Pet ownership is but one remove from slavery.

Dude, it's all grey. Relying solely on B&W is indicative of a closed mind. If I used your mindset and said to you (being in S.A.) that apartheid is dead, would you agree? Or, would you say that apartheid is dead politically, but economic development for the disadvantaged groups in South Africa is struggling due to issues resulting from that era? Lot's of grey where I sit...

The dogs that were a part of my family over the years were anything but slaves. They were companions, members of the family. Treated differently only a little to accomodate unique needs for health and happiness. Many of the happiest (and saddest) memories I have of my family include our dogs. I can only hope that you will experience that kind of joy.
Make light!

Yep...unlike those demon seed cats that try and turn the tables on you.... [Laugh]

As the proud slave to three cats, and contemplating adopting a 4th (Penguin, the neighborhood stray...), I am happy to inform you that they are not all demon seed...and mine at least are cuddly and sweet and generally loving. Well, except for Bitch Kitty, who tends to like to stir the pot and see what floats. But she can be cuddly when she wants to be (usually at night), and often snuggles when the others don't. (Yes, she's reading this over my shoulder right now...positive reinforcement is a good thing. She thinks I need to feed her right now. And I do...)

Anyway...

Cats are kewl. And so're dogs. And most other fuzzballs we bring into our homes. And they love a lot, in the way they can. And it hurts when it's time for them to leave...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Yep...unlike those demon seed cats that try and turn the tables on you.... [Laugh]

...except for Bitch Kitty, who tends to like to stir the pot and see what floats...

...Cats are kewl.

See, cats aren't kewl...whereas, Dogs are the "cat's pajamas"... B|
Make light!