Iflyme

Lotsa tears at my house today

A'right Bitch Kitty, you and me, outside, let's see what you got... [Laugh]

Dewd, you have no idea what you're asking for. When I was with my ex, he had a Rottie/Dobie/Weimeraner mix. Sammi. Sleek, fast, fearless, ferocious. Leapt tall fences in a single bound. Chased all the cars, kids, and wind she could. She ruled the world.

Enter BK. In two days - count 'em, two - that cat had Sammi trained. That cat could literally walk on top of Sammi to access the couch without having to jump...and Sammi would let her. BK one day decided that her dinner had mysteriously made it into Sammi's bowl...silly human error, no doubt...and Sammi was eating. Well, that is, Sammi was eating until BK approached her, and simply stared at Sammi for a bit, When Sammi backed up, BK stood at her bowl and ate her fill of dog chow. There were innumerable times when the cat slept in the dog basket, and Sammi took the floor.

Yes, you could say that Sammi was pussy whipped... (:)what?)...but it was the BK who did the whuppin'...

So, bring it on, Josh, bring it on!

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Hee heee, Michele, believe me, in the whole dog vs. cat thing - I know who the boss is! It's funny when I go home to my parent's place and the dogs and cats will go at it with the screen door seperating them, but as soon as you open up the door, the dogs run away and the cats just stand there acting all high and mighty, as if to say "you want some? HUH?" :D:D

Touching story, Richard ... I know we will be going through similar feelings for a while.

i am truly touched by your family's loss as i personally know the pain you've been through. animals are a gift from god that he sends us. anyone who cannot comprehend this is in my opinion cold hearted. please see the attached jpeg of my beloved "Bear Dog" who is now folklore, and family legend as it has been a year since our loss, and his gain. please do not let those who cannot love stand in the way of your "Human" feelings. at the time, the only way i could deal with the pain of losing my friend, and partner "Bear" was to write about it, i'm sharing my words here for the first time, i hope in some small way this helps your family deal with this enourmous crisis. best wishes, god's love to your family, and yourself.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

bear.jpg

Michele, that is the most wonderful new abbreviation I have seen in forever.

ROFL...yes, well, but is it correct? (Ohhhh, thread creep...)

Can I bear your children?

Sure, why not? Now that would set the world on it's ear...Eve? Nah, Adam!!!

Ciels-
Michele

and mine at least are cuddly and sweet and generally loving

Damn....they have you eating out of their little paws don't they? See...cats have long realized how to manipulate and enslave humans. They realize you must have a certain amount of love and attention to continue to function. So....they give you the minumum necessary in order to keep you serving their needs. :D Break free from their clutches!!!

So....they give you the minumum necessary in order to keep you serving their needs. [Laugh]

Well, at least I'm getting cuddles somehow, you know?

Break free from their clutches!!!

Nah, the only one who uses her nails to clutch is BK, and they are kept trimeed so when she decides to use them, they are ineffective. LOL!

(Hey, Frank - are you smiling yet?)

Ciels-
Michele

Michele, that is the most wonderful new abbreviation I have seen in forever.

ROFL...yes, well, but is it correct? (Ohhhh, thread creep...)

Correct? *shrug*

Creative new forms do not need to be correct. They just need to add a useful and entertaining new feature to the language. (Apostrophe misuse, on the other hand, diffuses a useful feature thereby rendering the language less rich.)

By the way, my sincere condolences for the loss. I also love my pets (at least some of them -- the iguana isn't very emotional) and fear losing them someday.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

the iguana isn't very emotional

I never understood people that kept reptiles as pets. What do you get out of it...unless they are cool ones like Geckos, African frogs, Snakes, etc that make bloody messes of their meals. I have to say the African frog we had at work that ate mice was a bit unusual....:D

Well, Ragnar the Iguana is mostly my bf's pet. I don't see the point as much as he does.

But reptiles do have their appeal. My old boa constrictor was strange and wonderful in a way. He ate rats which is amusing to watch. He also slithered over me which is definitely a novelty.

The iguana is more exciting than the boa was though. He flops around clumsily, has more extreme emotions, and has some strange habits.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

My old boa constrictor was strange and wonderful in a way

An old boss had two Pythons. One was about 12 Ft and 85Lbs. The other was an albino, 11Ft and 45Lbs. They ate LARGE rabbits. 4 a week I think. Really cool to watch them eat but other than that I don't see the point. I couldn't "read" them like he could though. He knew what they were feeling. Upset, hungry, content, whatever. I could see a change when they were about to eat the rabbit but other than that all I saw was......a snake....:D I didn't sense anything else from them.

Dogs think their master is "Leader of Pack"
Cats think humans are servants & rubbing posts.
As a child I loved my Malmute "JUNO" as a family member and not as "pet" I woke out of a coma 3 days after trying to save him from being hit.
They said I flew 40ft before landing.B|
People that like animals are prone to being capable
of good parenting skills too.:)In psychological profiling, those that wish ill will against animals are potential treat to the public.:S

can totally sympathize ... had to do that before myself, and was one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life. Even tho you know it has to be done, actually taking the life of one who you raised and has been your friend for that many years just rips your insides. The pain will eventually subside, and you'll be able to remember the good things without it popping back up too much ... hope that happens soon for ya'll.

but economic development for the disadvantaged groups in South Africa is struggling due to issues resulting from that era

LMFAO - do you seriously believe that bullshit? I'd say HIV is the single biggest *issue*. Are you aware of the *economic development* currently happening in the rest of southern Africa?

Hijacking this thread by bringing apartheid into it was in rather poor taste and uncalled for.

Frank, I'm glad you and your family had 12 good years with your dog. Sorry, but I just wasn't happy with the thread getting hijacked and the way it was done.

Will

:(

I'm sorry. Chatted to a few people today, and my comment(s) were way off line. I guess it takes fine judgement when to draw the line between the life and death of a family friend. Judgement I simply don't have the skills to make.

Should you choose to replace Jackson, I wish you many happy years together.

Again - sorry for being an A**hole.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Yep...unlike those demon seed cats that try and turn the tables on you....

Ha! That can be true -- although certain dogs can be "demon-like", too ... not far from here, just before Christmas, a 14 year old girl was attacked by two mastiff-rottweiler cross dogs ... doctors said they had never seen anyone so disfigured by a dog attack -- she looked more like her face and head had been mauled by a cougar or a bear... she faces many more surgeries...

I have had cats around me all my life ... sometimes many! A couple of years back, our "Belvedere" died of old age. We have had "Jasmine" and "Whiskers" for about 3 years now ... while my 2 girls love them, cats are often aloof, and are very independant, so it's just not the same as the relatiionship you have with a dog... While we will not get another dog soon (our lives are to busy to give a puppy the attention he/she needs right now, what with all the kids activities, and both my wife and I working), we will remain dog lovers, and enjoy the company of the other dogs in our neighbourhood who we know very well ... but sometime down the road...;)

I'm sorry.

I appreciate you posting that, Tonto. Thanks again to everyone who opened their hearts, and who made me feel better... you are a great bunch out there! My wife thinks I'm nuts for "sharing our personal tragedy" with a bunch of people I've never met -- but hey! I feel like I know many of you a bit better thru this thread!

There's nothing better than a good dog, but there sure are a lot of not so bright dogs out there. Many years ago, I was on my way home from work. I stopped at a small town on the reservation to get some gas. It must have been close to 25 below with the wind howling. And here was this cute puppy. He was obviously abandoned by someone and was freezing and hungry. So I took him home to my daughters. He was part German Shepard and we named him Bear. My daughters slept with him that night in their bed. The woke up the next morning with hundreds of flea bites. So we had to begin defleaing our entire house. Believe me, my wife was ticked off, and most of her anger was focused at me for bringing him home.

As bear grew older we began to wonder if he might have some type of mental problems. I mean he just didn't seem to be all there. But since he was now part of the family we tried to accept his shortcomings. We made a fishing trip up to Northern Saskatchewan and naturally we took Bear along. We were camped way back in the boonies when nature called. I went about a hundred yards from our camper and took a big one. I guess I should have buried it. After returning to the camper, I heard Bear wining outside. The mosquitoes were kind of bad so I decided to let him in. The first thing we all noticed was this overpowering odor. All eyes suddenly turned to Bear who was sitting there grinning at us with crap all over him. It was even on his head. It only took about two seconds before Bear was thrown out on his ear, and he slept with the skeeters that night. Over the next several days Bear was thrown in the lake about 50 times by my loving daughters. All their love for this critter was gone until he started to smell better. I could tell many other misadventures about old Bear but these were a couple of the the better ones. Steve1

I went about a hundred yards from our camper and took a big one.

Uhh, Steve,

It's the Bear that's supposed to sh** in the woods...lol.

FFF

(P.S. Yeah, I know...gross, huh?? Tee-hee, I couldn't help if...It comes from reading too many of Clay's posts...lol.)

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."