billvon

What California's really like

I moved to San Diego about ten years ago for a job. I moved here from New York, and the climate is, well, a bit different. So are the bars, drop zones, beaches, ski places, mountains etc. The one problem is that lots of people want to move here for the above reasons, and traffic's getting sorta bad. So for all you people considering moving, here's what this place is really like:

You can't get meat. Not one little bit of it. Every restaraunt and food store here carries only fruit and nuts and wierd stuff like wheatgrass. And sushi, which isn't really meat.

All the women here are crazy raving feminists. Yes, even the skinny blonde ones in bikinis. They'll accuse you of assault for just opening the door for them, even if you're another woman.

The smog is impossible. Ignore the EPA stats, you can't see ten feet in front of your face.

Most people here are gay, and if you go out at all, you will be forced to go to gay bars where you will either be hit upon mercilessly or publically humiliated.

If you own property, hippies will move onto it and build a commune, and the police will come and kick you out of it. If you rent, you'll be required to participate in whatever drug or wiccan ceremonies the landlord chooses.

If you have kids, they will have to go to flaming-liberal camp every summer, where they will be taught to burn the flag, take drugs and insult aging overweight republicans.

Have an SUV? You'll be deported to Texas, or required to buy some hideously ugly environmentally correct car.

Anyway, it's certainly a horrible place to live, so if you're considering a change of address, Minnesota is a much more hospitable place. Or Kansas, or Utah, or South Dakota. Avoid California at all costs!

i must add the above post applies to much of the pacific northwest as well...
but it rains all the time and then your cable goes out so you have to play monopoly in the dark when the blizzards cut off the power...the coffee is really bad and the beer is even worse...

Yeah and don't forget:
*Earth quakes every ten minutes.
*Sucky sport teams.
*Seriously physcho great white sharks patrolling the shores
*IV aids infected needles strewn about as far as the eye can see (careful swooping)
*Any state sorounding California wants to shoot anyone with a California Lic plate
*more and so much more[:/]

Avoid California... Just like you'd avoid an obstacle under canopy...

>Earth quakes every ten minutes.

Wow, did you go ten minutes today without one?

>IV aids infected needles strewn about as far as the eye can see

Well, but everyone knows that. After all, they give out syringes preloaded with heroin here.

And of course don't forget the government helicopters who hover outside your window to spy on you.

:D:D:D Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Funny stuff. Of course, if you want meat, drive fast, have an SUV, want to own property ($$$$$$), beautiful weather, just go to Orange County. Hell, in the spingtime, everything smells like flowers. *L*
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Should we mention the mandatory and totaly legal beating inflicted upon you during any and all police traffic stops?

the beatings will continue until morale improves!

Orange County? Isn't that place bankrupt to the point that they can't even cash a check in hell?

(circa 1995 I believe was when their county bonds were rendered worthless because some jackass, who probably got fired and later joined the ranks and took out Enron and WorldCom, invested in derivitives)

>Orange County? Isn't that place bankrupt to the point that they can't
>even cash a check in hell?

Well, hell is still taking their checks, but no one else is - which is important since so many of them end up there. In fact, all of California is bankrupt; there's not a company here that's not in Chapter 11.

I moved to San Diego about ten years ago for a job. I moved here from New York...The one problem is that lots of people want to move here for the above reasons, and traffic's getting sorta bad.

Don't listen to him, he's just trying to convince you to go away so that he can keep the place for himself. :)

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Yeah and don't forget:
*Earth quakes every ten minutes. -
One I have felt in 5 yrs....??

*Sucky sport teams.
Please...Raiders? Lakers?

*Seriously physcho great white sharks patrolling the shores...
Dude...that was Florida

*IV aids infected needles strewn about as far as the eye can see (careful swooping)
Ive never seen a needle...maby a bong or two, but no needles.

*Any state sorounding California wants to shoot anyone with a California Lic plate ....
Perhaps

*more and so much more
The weather kicks ass and perris is here....

Mike

I thought New Jersey had all of the IV needles washing up on shore.

I also know that New Jersey has more landfills per capita that any other state, while California has more lawyers per capita than any other state.

Because New Jersey had first choice...

-

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The smog is impossible. Ignore the EPA stats, you can't see ten feet in front of your face.

My parents call it "beach front haze".
I was raised in Riverside and moved to Colorado years ago. I love going back to Calif. to visit family and friends and to make some skydives out at Perris, but I had the smog and the traffic.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I went there once for an Invitational Contest.
(Womens Surfing, 1982)

I went straight to the peir from Orange County were I stayed with a friend of a friend. (lotsa smoke inside his house, whew) So I dont remember much of that.

I got to the peir and the first words spoken to me in that state were ....

"Hey would you like to register to vote to legalize marijauana. "

So, I figure what the hell... and I signed his form.
:S

~AirAnn~

I also know that New Jersey has more landfills per capita that any other state

Did you know that the area of landfills in New Jersey is EXACTLY the same as the land area of the state of New Jersey? Coincidence? I think not!

New Jersey, the armpit of America. :o:P

(But I like Cross Keys. ;))

Anyway, it's certainly a horrible place to live, so if you're considering a change of address,

But, I thought if I moved to Hollywood, I'd automatically become a movie star! Or at least get my own show!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

And let's not forget that we have to give all the water back to other states, the State's HIGH for the day is overestimating the deficit by 3 billion dollars and we're overrun with illegal immigrants
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Anyway, it's certainly a horrible place to live, so if you're considering a change of address,

But, I thought if I moved to Hollywood, I'd automatically become a movie star! Or at least get my own show!

They could put "I Dream Of Jeannie" back into production. B| I could say I jumped with your famous self.