Vallerina

Weekend numbers!

:)
Didn't f*ck up Valentine's day. Whew!

About 8 jumps, maybe 9, need to check my Pro-track.

Jumped my new "Hippie-rig", one case of Pyramid Hefewiezen delivered with a big bag of Doritos.

Jumped my reserve, a PDR143, as my main. It's a program that Bonnie, our gearstore owner (GravityGear), puts on every winter, but the first time I've done it. Tossed right out the door at 14 grand and just worked that orange F111 7 cell all the way down. Did some cloud swoops on the Big White Puffies we had on Sunday out here. Even surfed the landing a little. I feel an order of magnitude better about getting to my first chop, having spent some time flying my reserve in non-stressful conditions.

My first time hanging on a hybrid. Well sorta. Lummy and Cornholio were out, so they docked belly-down and I did a jungle-gym routine under them on their chest straps.

Nice time. Like Lizzieb said, we were expecting crappy weather all weekend and it was really pretty beautiful.

where's my VIDEO?

I've got it right here. My neighbor didn't think I could open the mailbox with just a straight bar, but I proved him wrong.

The other 15 videos with picture CD's are on the way, I'll send yours after I let it sit on this big magnet for a while....:ph34r:

J/K

JP

The other 15 videos with picture CD's are on the way, I'll send yours after I let it sit on this big magnet for a while....

J/K

ROTFLMAO Can you take it to the airport and have it X-rayed too while your at it?:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

:)
I've been sworn to secrecy as to my whereabouts and activities of the weekend. I will tell you I traveled by car, train, taxi, foot, and bus. Oh, and while sitting in the train station, I was educated as to the evils of slaughter houses, the meat industry, and the origination of mad cow disease. I also learned that Goose Island beer is pretty decent stuff, and BYOB resturants are pretty cool!

Also had an interesting experience with black ice - I watched a car in my rearview mirror slide into the right lane, a little back into the left lane, into the right lane again, then completely around, through the left lane, and into the median (ended up facing the wrong way) Gotta watch that over-correcting! :D And pay attention to traffic in front of you - if the road looks clean, but a semi slides over a lane... chances are you're about to hit some ice. As long as you don't do anything stupid, you'll be fine. :)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Still waiting on the complete details on why it could have happened. Excellent gear and pin check by myself, rigger and another experienced jumper on the ground, pin check in plane before jumprun (after standing up, so no movement to dislodge) Demoing a canopy so opened main at 4000, reserve popped shorlty after (can i say i will NEVER forget that sound, feeling, or sight). My hand with the cutaway pillow was at full extension as the reserve came overhead to the tail of the main. Exciting landing sensation since the reserve is smaller than the smallest canopy I have flown :o...but one of my best landings yet :S! I guess sometimes shit happens ya know?

Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

2:4:0

Did the tandem recert so I could jump with my brother in law - he's been wanting to jump for a while. I ended up jumping with his niece who was worried about jumping. She wanted to jump with the 'safe' guy; I didn't mention that the other TM was way more current than I was. Jumps went fine; they loved it, and now my sister won't kill me.

0:0:1
First Car, shitty weather

Unless you do it deliberately, then you owe for each of them....

I believe it clearly states in the Beer Rules that only one case is owed for multiple firsts that occur on one skydive. Although I'm sure nobody would object to you buying two;)
I got nuthin

0:0:1
First Car, shitty weather

Unless you do it deliberately, then you owe for each of them....

I believe it clearly states in the Beer Rules that only one case is owed for multiple firsts that occur on one skydive. Although I'm sure nobody would object to you buying two;)

Ahh yes. If multiple firsts happen, then it is only one carton. However, if you conspire to have multiple firsts on one jump, then you owe for each.

ie you first raft jump, from a skyvan on your 100th.

WA beer rules Rule 7

edit: Added rule reference
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies