Skylark

Short or tall men?

forget you all, i'm going back to the circus where they appreciate me.

You know, Sunny was just telling me earlier that i need to go back to the circus. I think they dropped me off the train inbetween shows somewhere in iowa. Any chance we are related? :)
And if not, (incest would only produce 3-armed left-handed volleyball players) then we ought to go out sometime and put all the short people to shame!!! B|

b

where in the hell did you come up with that... LMAO:D
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

You know, Sunny was just telling me earlier that i need to go back to the circus.

I just thought you'd be more comfortable hanging out with freaks of nature...:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

where in the hell did you come up with that...

LMAO i swear i'm not totally random *all* of the time...lew had mentioned -

Well, to me it only matters because I want to have awesome tall left-handed setter kids for volleyball. That's important.

Just tossin our my ideas on the probability of the successful procreation of a volleyball MENACE! :)

b

I just thought you'd be more comfortable hanging out with freaks of nature...

ah yes, the fabled "land of the giants"...A happy place where nobody's neck hurts from looking down to make eye contact with the short people of the world...:D

forget you all, i'm going back to the circus where they appreciate me.

You know, Sunny was just telling me earlier that i need to go back to the circus. I think they dropped me off the train inbetween shows somewhere in iowa. Any chance we are related? :)
And if not, (incest would only produce 3-armed left-handed volleyball players) then we ought to go out sometime and put all the short people to shame!!! B|

b

yeah... um, i'm not sure what planet you're from, but I don't want kids with three arms. just a little too freakish. i'm serious about this tall left-handed thing. A girl in our club who is a junior now is 5'10", setter and ambidextrous (and an awesome athlete) is being recruited by Stanford. (excuse me, i'm drooling)...
back to the tall thing. you know what sucks about reaching average male height by 8th grade? being a girl to reach average male height by 8th grade. don't get me started on pants...

billo, wanna have a tracking contest?

let the circus reunite in rantoul, illinois...

peace
http://www.exitshot.com

I wanna play!!

Hey tall women have long legs, long legs are good :)

what he said!!...of course i dont mind short ones much either:)

tall tracking tribe dives in illinois??B|

Hey women have BOOBIES
Had to say it since noone else did and that dont have to worry about cutting there nut sac like PhatCat hehehe he'll never live that one down as long as Im alive:D

- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

In Brava its not suprising that most of the people are short. The locals are all below average hight and alot make up for it by having a Spanish macho attitude that would fit an elephant!
However I've also noticed that alot of male Skydivers are not all that tall or big, hence it can be difficult to get a decent 2nd hand rig when ones 6:4 and 210 lb. Also a sod to FS with much lighter guys at first unless they're wearing enough lead to sink a battleship and I'm convexed!!!!!!!1
:D

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Cool,
I got mine made by Bev in Sebastian who make really good quality affordable suits to your personal specs. I also got my rig compleate from a guy at Hinton he was a bit lighter than me and was dowwnsizing but it suits me fine. But when looking in Skydive mag or the USPA mag its a 'mother hubbard' situation for us bigger guys.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I get to see plenty of short men around the DZ's I have been to. Then again short is relative. I myself hit 6' tall at age 12 so . I see plenty of tall men.. and they usually date shorter women. Then again I seem to always attract the short ones... right at about bust level:S

Amazon

you betcha! we'll lead some too and leave the short peeps in the dust

dammit! if i get fired between now and then, (always a possibility,) then i can make it to the circus reunion in rantoul. otherwise, i just have enough vacation time and funds to blow it all at couch freaks. all sorts of circus freaks there!:)
b

bold added by me, exactly my point. most men just prefer smaller women. they just do. which is fine, i'm used to it. automatically counted out at first sight... forget you all, i'm going back to the circus where they appreciate me.

I'm not as tall as you, Lew, but I've noticed the same thing. Most guys I've seen around the block like to go for the small, petite look. I've never been either, and I've never wanted to be (I really like being tall! I get noticed more easily that way! I can also spot my friends in a crowded bar!) I just figured that if a guy doesn't like a tall woman, than he is a pansy boy who probably can't handle other things about women who don't fall into many other of their "standards" (ie, they can't handle the women that make more money, play sports better, have more friends, repair cars...etc...)

I'm confused as to how you get counted out at first sight....

I'm still going with the ideal height is around my own (it really is better for kissing!) However, I've dated guys that were +/- 5 or more inches of my height, and that can work, too.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I fit nicely under the flaps (unless they're down, which they usually are when I'm walking around a cessna), but checking the oil can be a pain. When I pull the dipstick too far out, I can't see the hole to get it back in. But on the bright side, I'm the perfect height to stand up under the overhead console in a 737. :)
Dave

Miniature girlfriends are nice to look at on TV, but kind of impractical. We can't borrow rigs from each other.

Glad to see you have your priorities straight. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

To reply to the comments of the tall women: well, I believe men have that problem even more often than women, only in reverse. Men who are even just slightly below average in height really take a hit in terms of attracting women. Look in any newspaper Personals section for women seeking men: Nearly half the ads specify "Tall" as one of the main priorities.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Tall guys are at a disadvantage at Cessna DZs.
Clyde Cessna was a vengefull short dude who deliberately placed the flaps at forehead height on tall guys.
Why else would we have those funny diamonds permanently imprinted on our foreheads?

I wondnt really say I have a disadvantage in a cessna its just really REALLY uncomfortable.
- GQ

-Charles Lindberg

My disadvantage in the 206 is I always get put up in "the hole" next to the pilot for weight distribution and such. More of a side effect of being tall, i suppose. But yes it is painfully uncomfortable. I mean, what's it matter if my legs are asleep in freefall anyway?
Anyhow in the summer, it gets HOT in the hole. But of course in the winter, i don't bitchB|

b