Skylark

Short or tall men?

6'2" 215...it sucks here cause i can't find used gear>:( From the size of stuff for sale, smaller is definitly the norm in skydiving...

I have a similar problem, but at the other end of the spectum. Most people buying containers small enough to fit me want canopies half the size that I want, so the harnesses that fit usually have containers that are way too small. When I'm ready for a wingloading of 1.5, I'll be jumping an 80 square foot canopy. That's not happening for a loooong time. I'm perfectly happy with my 150 loaded at .8.

And I definitely haven't noticed a lot of short skydivers. I'm usually the shortest/lightest guy at any DZ I go to. I don't think my attraction to skydiving has anything to do with being short... I just like being up in the sky.... where I can look down on all you tall people! BWAHAHA! Oh, wait... maybe it is cause i'm short. :P

Dave

I'm 6ft 3" The guys I jump with avergae about 5' 10"
and there is never a problem, but I agree it is a pain when you have to jump a small well loaded plane, like a porter and you are the guy stuck in the back.

To all the tall guys looking for a rig, I'm selling my Vortex2, which will suit a tall person. Just drop me a mail

I've actually noticed the same thing; I'm taller than most guys at a dz. Some, I look like a giant next to!

Also, my theory on tallness, the best height is -1 inch or +2 inches of my height. Easier for kissing! I'm afraid of really tall guys getting a hunchback from trying to kiss girls!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Five foot three and a HALF, about 190 pounds, about 10-13% body fat or so here. That's why I'm THE ANVIL.;)

Vertically challenged fellows like my are sometimes a bit more adventurous, but I don't think I've met many short guys skydiving. Short women - yes. Men, no. I wish more short women WOULD skydive. Many more!

Interesting concept of psychology, though. Off the top of my head, there were a lot of short folk climbing Kilimanjaro when I was dong so. Also white-water rafting on the Zambezi and rapelling. Mainly taller folk skiing in my experience.

Might be an interesting topic for a research paper. Perhaps short people like to skydive because we can't run fast. But then again, we can swim like fish. This does call for further thought/study.....

Beers to all,

VINNY THE ANVIL
:P

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Still, I have been utterly disturbed by the amount of tiny little girls who attach themselves to guys well over six feet tall. The basic mechanics of sex with that big a height difference is daunting.

yeah... and what about us giant chicks huh? those little petite chickies need to occupy the little men and make some gymnasts or something. I've seen so many 6'5" and taller guys with 5'nothin" girls... leave some of the giants for us giants. Wanna see height charts... I'm 73 inches tall, which if you check out this women's (white) height chart, i am not human. Here's the men's chart, sorry, not trying to hi-jack your men's height thread. Average women's height is 5'4" and average male height is 5'10". Check out other ethnicities here.

I've gotta agree with Chuckie here though, height doesn't matter really, not in skydiving or relationships.
Well, to me it only matters because I want to have awesome tall left-handed setter kids for volleyball. That's important.

peace
http://www.exitshot.com

Well mine wasnt on there but Im 6'6" its actually somewhat of a downfall having to duck a lot and other times bumping into everything else. But hey its life.:S

- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

Trust me he is TALL. I sat between his legs in the king air and his feet hit the same place mine did. ;) He gives pretty good hugs once he bends down though.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.