Jumperpaula

Most Interesting Jump of 2003

***Hmmm...nothing spectacular so far. When I get jumps lately I'm just glad to be in the air. It's been a rare thing lately. I suppose the Allouette jump at Cross Keys was slightly differen't than the norm. Also c a couple pre second jumps from a Westwind. Strange plane.......

This year? Well, my 100th stands out, as does my 1st camera jump on my 101st.

I'm hoping to make thiss weekend the memorable one though, that jumping in the dark stuff looks fun.

*note: My "signed off student status jump" wasn't a declared night jump, and I did see the sun when I exited at altitude.... Never mind that I had to use the runway lights to find the dz to set up to land, and flared by beacon light. Yea, it was freaking dark, but I loved it! Can't wait till this weekend to finally do some "legal" ones.

Edit: And NO, I'm not saying where that was. I enjoy the place and the people, and won't risk hurting them for something I did.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Wow. So many to choose from.

My double-bounce after a botched hook turn (miraculously nothing broken... just a sore knee) would probably be my most memorable "oopsie". :$

My most memorable BASE jump would have to me my solo off of a South Florida A that is named after an interstellar phenomenon. It was the closest thing to a religious experience I've ever had.

My most memorable skydive is probably some recent head-down big ways I did with the Gravity Rats, Levin, Paul, Kimmy, Derek Curtis & Ramon. God those were fun. Thanks guys! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Thanks for the link so I can catch up. I sincerely want to hear about achievements. I've been out of the loop for a while and used to read the "jumps this week" thread often.

It would really help if I could get the best of 2003 in one thread :).

Help me out please...

There was this POPS jump at Spaceland...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

A high alti sunset Clear and Pull with a bunch of DZ.commers...with the infamous landing from whence sprang my sig line...

But the year is young yet....and the skies are blue...and I hear my name being shouted out ..."COME PLAY!!!"....I am certain that there will be many more memorable jumps...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Our first jump at Jacksonville ExtremeSports -- seeing the city of Jacksonville on the ride to altitude, the view of all seven bridges and then the spectaular view in freefall, including the RV park where we live, only 12 miles from the DZ.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

well i only has 3 jumps this year so far,but nice jumps.This one were werry special to me,and wil always be.read from the link http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=468645;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
EDIT:sorry just cant get the link rigth you´ll has to scroll 3 post down to get the storry...:S

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Ya know Patrick, I'd have to agree with you on that one. But there was also the Pop's in Texas with Wendy. Tuff call. The year isn't over yet, and there's still much jumping to be had, especially at the Convention.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

hmm...
- Landing crosswind in 15 knots onto a forrest road. That was an interesting one. Felt so good to nail that landing out thing perfect. (my last landing out was less than perfect. :S
- Getting caught by turbulense at 30 feet. Canopy collaps and get it flying again just in time to flare. Scary shit...:S
- Debut jump with our new 4-way team 4-watt

Those are some that stand out, and all were jumped this weekend. :)

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ya know Patrick, I'd have to agree with you on that one. But there was also the Pop's in Texas with Wendy. Tuff call. The year isn't over yet, and there's still much jumping to be had, especially at the Convention.

Besides, I hear Wendy has much better looking legs than Patrick.

79 days till the fun begins...

79 days till the fun begins...

That would depend on who is looking... Have to ask Mary about that one. Well Mary? :P
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

A high alti sunset Clear and Pull with a bunch of DZ.commers...with the infamous landing from whence sprang my sig line...

Between this one and my pre-second team Bump 'n Grind jump, I'd say this year's turning out good. And, there will be many more interesting jumps coming up.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

*** In Reply To
------------------------------------------------------------
That would depend on who is looking... Have to ask Mary about that one. Well Mary?
------------------------------------------------------------

Michael, don't get me wrong, Wendy's a nice gal and everything, I have to go with Patrick's legs. Besides, I got to look right up his butt on the 120 ways out at Z-Hills.;) Wendy, I promise, you would so enjoy the view if you could get a look at Patrick's legs, and butt, and etc..........:$

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey