Deuce

Skybaby needs your vibes.

Skybaby, AKA Sandi, a beautiful person, a talented skydiver, coach, and manifest diva, had a landing accident yesterday.

I spoke with Chris DeBar, who was there, and apparently she got hit by a dust devil while she was about 15 feet up. She landed face-first, incurring multiple serious injuries. She was medivaced via helicopter from the DZ. She was in surgery last night for about nine hours, and is stable, sedated, and recovering in the ICU of John Muir.

Chris told me she mostly needs good vibes right now.

Last Saturday she was holding my left hand at 10,000 feet or so on my biggest RW skydive yet.

Sandi, you'll be reading this soon. Thanks for the pep talk last Sunday morning. You're loved. Just ask and you shall recieve.

Prayers and good vibes!

:)JP

Was that what this was?

Yes, Q.

ChopChop and Hookitt have posted about it in incidents. I didn't look there first. I don't start my week in the incidents forum.

GirlFallDown and I talked, Sandi is a big part of the Byron Love, our whole little community is pretty shook up, and grateful she's OK.

Thanks JP.

All my love and prayers are with you Sandi.

Also sending love and good vibes to Chris for all his strength in this.

Sandi's gotten me through so many mental and physical dilemmas be it skydiving or just being. She really is a beautiful person. I still can't believe this happened to her but I know she has the strength to overcome it.

--------
Shannon

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Sandi had a CAT scan and there is no report of neurological damage. She was conscious the whole time, apparently, and was awake and talking when the helicoptor took her out.

I was told the injuries are confined to facial; jaw, cheekbones, orbits, palate. No skeletal or C-spine stuff.

Good vibes headed to Skybaby from Iceman and Icewoman, who has had her own issues with funny winds and Byron...Lots of love and good thoughts, let's get her back in the air soon.
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash