lazyfrog

Speed...

How fast do you usually drive...
and why ???
what car do you have ???
I'm usually too fast... 'cause i'm always late... I drive a VW Golf GTI and a Porsche Carrera2 (but none is mine... doing some car sitting for a friend) B|
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

I usually keep it within 10mph of the posted limits.. and right on the limit when in small towns with misdemeanor cops that are hungry to write infractions.

I drive a 3/4 ton 4x4 Dodge Diesel Pickup and a Mercedes 300D. I have had some fast cars in the past but I really have no need to go faster most of the time.. If I want to go fast.... I get out of the airplane at 13500 and go head downB|

Personal best is 253MPH on my head in a dive:o

Amazon

<<<

I almost always drive over the limit, except in a few places I know there are people watchin for speeders, or in small neighborhoods where there might be kids running in the street.

I drive a Dakota.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Once I'm off the surface streets, traffic permitting, I routinely cruise over 90MPH, with occasional bursts to 110. 2000 Acura Integra GSR
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I almost always drive over the limit, except in a few places I know there are people watchin for speeders, or in small neighborhoods where there might be kids running in the street.

Same here.
I drive Seat Ibiza 1.9sdi

I have lost my Lic. 2X's for speeding.( once for going 3x's limit in a state Highway/it was 55 then) & it was the 5th ticket in 2months:(
I agree with AMAZON speeddiving is faster and I still have a Luge suite the I got from a Latvian coach for $40.
I may try it out when I get new gear.

almost always over the limit, but not dramatically so... just finished a two week, 4200 mile road trip through several states and provinces with teh cruise locked on 130 kmh or so (~80mph) and never even got a glance from the local constabulary. i drive a 97 BMW 318i, black, stock wheel covers. i call it my stealth-mobile! nobody sees it! although i must say it stood out in the parking lot at the NASCAR race in pennsylvania.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I keep it under 10mph over the speed limit unless I'm in town. In town, I'll do as close to the speed limit as possible - which is usually 2-3mph over the speed limit.

I drive a 2003 Ford ZX2.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I figure that speeding less than 10 over is always a freebie. The cops in my hometown used to give 15 over so I tried to stay under that. Now the police chief's wife works for me so I don't sweat it too much(I love small towns). 15 over is usually safe on the interstate unless they're having an enforcement push and I'll usually hear about those at the fire department a few days in advance.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

Traffic permitting, at least 10 over, usually closer to 15 or 20 over. Except in speed traps. The worst ticket I ever got was for 97 in a 60...that was through a little shitty town just north of Waco where the state trooper was on a power trip (it only pissed me off because the speed limit was actually 65, and I was, when he caught me, actually only going 85)...
Now, I drive a 2002 Saturn SC2 (one of the 3-door coupes--I love it!).
And driving fast is a must...

Blondes do have more fun!

always over the limit, my foot seems to rest on the accelerator comfortable at 90 – 100 mph. And I have the ticket record to prove it, the best was two tickets in the same week for speeding, I like to think of them as a cost of driving.:|

I drive a Honda Accord

Systematically faster. I like that phrasing.

I -try- to keep it limited to between 15 and 20 mph over, but some of the longer stretches in the desert, on a cool, dark, winter morning with no traffic in sight . . . it's a little difficult. Has been known to edge up to 110 every now and then.

One ticket in the last 20 years. On the way to the DZ, of course. One -almost- ticket, driving on Shedd Road on the way to Eloy. An apparently well known speed trap, I sweet-talked my way out of (my first visit to Eloy, so I didn't know).

White, non-descript, Saturn SC2. The idea here was to keep the car "boring" so as to not attract attention. So, yeah, systematic.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver